ActivityIndicator should respect theme activity color (i.e. it should be blue)

Bug #1577828 reported by Michael Terry on 2016-05-03
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu UX
Paty Davila
ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu)
Zsombor Egri

Bug Description

ActivityIndicator should use the color specified by theme.palette.normal.activity instead of hard coding orange, which is supposed to be used to indicate focus, not activity.

Related branches

Christian Dywan (kalikiana) wrote :

The component is using an image, not a color. But it's not hard-coded as this is part of the theme rather than the component. We need to clarify with design if the color should be updated.

Femma (femma) on 2016-05-13
Changed in ubuntu-ux:
assignee: nobody → Paty Davila (dizzypaty)
Paty Davila (dizzypaty) wrote :

Blue has been specified as the selected state colour. Also being used for natural activity, for example in progress bars or in general, activity indicators. Therefore, this component should use the palette colour blue.

Changed in ubuntu-ux:
status: New → In Progress
Changed in ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu):
status: New → In Progress
assignee: nobody → Michael Terry (mterry)
Michael Terry (mterry) wrote :

From the attached MP:

When talking with Paty about this, she said: "The activity indicator/spinner should also be blue, but I've just checked with Rae (<email address hidden> // irc: raeshambrook) who is the visual designer in charge of the colour palette and she said there were some issues with that spinner. So she is going to check this and confirm which is the right asset. Sooo... I'll come back to you as soon as she does."

So I'm waiting on that. Shall I try to land the blue spinner version now and re-visit when we have a new asset, or continue waiting?

Rae Shambrook (raecontreras) wrote :

A new blue spinner asset has been given to Zsombor to implement

Changed in ubuntu-ux:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Michael Terry (mterry) on 2016-06-20
Changed in ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu):
assignee: Michael Terry (mterry) → Zsombor Egri (zsombi)
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :
Download full text (3.8 KiB)

This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-ui-toolkit - 1.3.2104+16.10.20160919.3

ubuntu-ui-toolkit (1.3.2104+16.10.20160919.3) yakkety; urgency=medium

  [ Andrea Bernabei ]
  * Scrollbar: more hover related bugfixes and unit tests.
    Fixes: LP: #1616868, LP: #1616926

  [ Christian Dywan ]
  * QuickUtils.rootObject() needs to handle QQuickWindow. Fixes: LP: #1617745
  * Correctly test and fix trigger override of ComboButton. Fixes: LP: #1614045

  [ Zoltan Balogh ]
  Increase the top marging when scrolling upwards. Fixes LP: 1618581

  [ Timo Jyrinki ]
  * Temporarily skip unit tests on xenial while not all MPs to fix Qt 5.6 issues
    have landed yet.

  [ Michael Terry ]
  * Make ActivityIndicator spinner blue instead of orange. Fixes: LP: #1577828.

  [ Loïc Molinari ]
  * Changed src/ directory layout. Made the source directory layout consistent
    with Qt libs. The C++ libraries have been moved to src/ and the QML modules
    to src/imports/. That also makes it easier to differentiate between modules
    and libraries since we have a bunch of them now.
  * Moved internal tools meant to generate code for the toolkit lib from the QML
    module directory to the lib directory where it makes more sense.
  * Fixed the build as a Qt submodule.
  * Fixed, cleaned up and standardised header inclusions. Apart from the clean
    up and the readability improvements, this fixes a bunch of broken private
    header inclusions (#include "foo_p.h" in private headers instead of
    "private/foo_p.h" or better ), now all the private headers of the UITK can
    be included by the users withour compilation issues. It also removes a bunch
    of direct includes from sources and a few INCLUDEPATHs hacks.See the CODING
    file for more details.
  * Cleaned up ubuntu_qt_module.prf and the libs using it.
    1/ Moved the common config options from the pro files to the prf file to
       avoid duplications and simplify the files.
    2/ Removed the useless "TEMPLATE=lib" and "load(qt_build_config)" lines from
       the pro files since it's done for us by qt_module.prf.
    3/ Use QT= instead of QT*= since it's well defined that by default its
       content is "core gui".
    4/ Prefixed headers and sources by $$PWD/ and sorted the lines
    5/ Merged the SOURCES declarations in
    6/ Removed the useless "DEFINES += QT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER" line from since it's done for us by qt_module.prf.
    7/ Removed the useless "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS -= -Werror=deprecated-declarations"
       and "DEFINES -= QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS" lines from
       since it's already done in ubuntu_qt_module.prf.
    8/ Added a few comments.
  * Made use of Qt builtin to check GCC version.

  [ Tim Peeters ]
  * Improve the initialization of Action when it gets both iconName and
    iconSource from an external component when iconSource is undefined. This
    fixes the some times missing overflow button in the ActionBar with Qt 5.6.
    I also removed action: modelData from the OverflowPanel because this is
    already set automatically in ActionSelectionPopover after everything is


Changed in ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu):
status: In Progress → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers