Network proxy settings does not keep "DIRECT" value in apt.conf when set back to method "None"
Network proxy settings in gnome-control-
How to reproduce:
1. open network settings in gnome-control-
2. set proxy like the example below:
* method - manual
* HTTP Proxy - example.com:8080
* HTTPS Proxy - example.com:8090
3. press "Apply system wide"
- confirm proxy settings are written in /etc/apt/apt.conf
4. add the line below into /etc/apt/apt.conf manually
5. add the line below into /etc/apt/
6. turn off proxy by set back the Method to "None" and press "Apply system wide" again.
Expected to happen:
7. the three lines below are removed from /etc/apt/apt.conf
- Acquire::ftp::proxy "http://
but leave the lines below in /etc/apt/apt.conf and /etc/apt/
What happened instead:
7. the three lines are removed and also "DIRECT" lines are removed.
"Apply system wide" for /etc/environment leave no_proxy value as is.
ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic x86_64
Date: Tue Oct 18 05:07:00 2011
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111011)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
|Changed in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu):|
|assignee:||nobody → Rodrigo Moya (rodrigo-moya)|
|Changed in ubuntu-system-service (Ubuntu Oneiric):|
|status:||New → In Progress|