Replace gnome-cups-manager by system-config-printer
Binary package hint: gnome-cups-manager
When the user chooses "System"
Upstream maintainer of system-
Here some important features (which are improvements against gnome-cups-
- Auto-setup of print queues when plugging a printer (together with hal-cups-utils), fixes https:/
- If the tool is run by a user in the lpadmin group printer option settings are saved system-wide (in /etc/cups/
- If the add-printer wizard detects a printer and it is supported by HPLIP, only the entries for HPLIP-enabled setup appear in the list of auto-detected printers.
- HPLIP support is also checked for manually entered network printers.
- Improved auto-selection of PPDs. PostScript printers get assigned the manufacturer supplied PostScript PPDs now (gnome-cups-manager did not always default to the right PPD).
Also important is that with system-
|Changed in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu):|
|assignee:||Martin Pitt (pitti) → Sur5 (sleightflow)|
|status:||Fix Released → Fix Committed|