Cannot find and translate the new Active Directory strings

Bug #1897444 reported by Hans Joachim Desserud on 2020-09-27
12
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Translations
High
Unassigned
ubiquity (Ubuntu)
High
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Bug Description

I took the latest Ubuntu Groovy for test spin. When I came to the step for adding a user, I noticed the new Active Directory feature which was recently added (bug 1894055). These strings were untranslated, so I figured I could look them up and help complete the translations.

However, I'm unable to find the strings in Launchpad https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/groovy/+source/ubiquity/+pots/ubiquity-debconf/nb/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=active

(there's two other translation templates, but this is the one with the most strings)

From what I could see from the merge proposal, the strings seem split out and translatable like all the others, so I'm not sure why they don't show up on Launchpad. Perhaps there's some syncing which hasn't been done when the latest version was uploaded?

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.10
Package: ubiquity 20.10.10
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-18.19-generic 5.8.4
Uname: Linux 5.8.0-18-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu45
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CasperVersion: 1.452
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Sep 27 12:23:17 2020
InstallCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed maybe-ubiquity quiet splash ---
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Alpha amd64 (20200923)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=nb_NO.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: ubiquity
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Hans Joachim Desserud (hjd) wrote :
description: updated
Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) wrote :

The translation template was last updated on 2020-04-08.

https://git.launchpad.net/ubiquity/tree/debian/real-po/templates.pot

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Triaged
tags: added: rls-gg-incoming
Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
milestone: none → ubuntu-20.10
Brian Murray (brian-murray) wrote :
Adolfo Jayme (fitojb) wrote :

Spanish done.

Shouldn’t there be a way to have the translation files refreshed automatically whenever new strings are added? You put too much pressure on volunteer translators to have everything translated in just a few days’ notice, given these strings were added way back in the Groovy cycle. 😒

Changed in ubuntu-translations:
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Triaged
Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package ubiquity - 20.10.11

---------------
ubiquity (20.10.11) groovy; urgency=medium

  [ Jean-Baptiste Lallement ]
  * Remove popularity-contest.
  * Initialize text variables to fix crash in OEM mode (LP: #1898029)

  [ Sebastien Bacher ]
  * Updated translations (LP: #1897444)

  [ Dimitri John Ledkov ]
  * oem-config.target: Correct name of the NetworkManager.service unit
    (LP: #1665384)
  * localechooser.patch: set my (Burmese) as the default Myanmar language.
    (LP: #1872186)

 -- Dimitri John Ledkov <email address hidden> Wed, 14 Oct 2020 13:18:26 +0100

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Adolfo Jayme (fitojb) wrote :

In the package diff (http://launchpadlibrarian.net/501994409/ubiquity_20.10.10_20.10.11.diff.gz) I can’t see my recently translated strings.

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Released → Triaged
Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj)
status: Triaged → In Progress
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package ubiquity - 20.10.12

---------------
ubiquity (20.10.12) groovy; urgency=medium

  [ Gunnar Hjalmarsson ]
  * d-i/patches/localechooser-post-base-installer.patch:
    - Set sw (Swahili) as the default Kenya language (LP: #1763025)
  * Translation update (LP: #1897444)

  [ Sebastien Bacher ]
  * POTFILES.in entries were not updated after a directory rename

 -- Gunnar Hjalmarsson <email address hidden> Fri, 16 Oct 2020 11:41:38 +0100

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: In Progress → Fix Released
Changed in ubuntu-translations:
status: Triaged → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers