Thunderbird - Can't drag and drop attachments

Bug #175591 reported by Simon Quantrill on 2007-12-11
10
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
mozilla-thunderbird (Baltix)
Undecided
Unassigned
thunderbird (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: thunderbird

The windows version of Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9.

A colluge is using the Windows version he can drag and drop attachments however sometimes it fails and locks up thunderbird requiring Task manager to kill the process.
Mine on Linux just doesnt drop ;)

Any ideas?

Siegfried Gevatter (rainct) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. However, the affected software package is not provided by Ubuntu. Because of this the Ubuntu project can not support or fix your particular bug. Please report this bug to the provider of the software package. Thanks!

Changed in thunderbird:
status: New → Invalid
Changed in mozilla-thunderbird:
status: New → Invalid
Siegfried Gevatter (rainct) wrote :

Oops, sorry, didn't read the description well... :/

So you say drag and drop to Thunderbird isn't working in Ubuntu?

Changed in thunderbird:
status: Invalid → New
Changed in mozilla-thunderbird:
status: Invalid → New
description: updated

Well kinda mixed it up ;) I used ubuntu with thunderbird, my collgue
uses Windows version, he reported the bug to me I tried it with
ubuntu.
Ubuntu allows mw to drag but not drop.
His allows him to do either but sometimes locks up thunderbird, I was
wondering if anybody could help. Except get my collegue to use ubuntu
instead which I am working on I promise ;)

Sorry for any confusion it was late for me ;)

Simon

On 11/12/2007, Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT) <email address hidden> wrote:
> Oops, sorry, didn't read the description well... :/
>
> So you say drag and drop to Thunderbird isn't working in Ubuntu?
>
> ** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)
> Status: Invalid => New
>
> ** Changed in: mozilla-thunderbird (Baltix)
> Status: Invalid => New
>
> ** Summary changed:
>
> - Drag and Drop attachments lock Thunderbird WINDOWS
> + Thunderbird - Can't drag and drop attachments
>
> ** Description changed:
>
> Binary package hint: thunderbird
>
> The windows version of Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9.
>
> A colluge is using the Windows version he can drag and drop attachments however sometimes it fails and locks up thunderbird requiring Task manager to kill the process.
> Mine on Linux just doesnt drop ;)
>
> - Any ideas ?
> + Any ideas?
>
> --
> Thunderbird - Can't drag and drop attachments
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/175591
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/simon.quantrill

Daniel T Chen (crimsun) wrote :

Is this symptom still reproducible in 8.10?

Changed in thunderbird:
status: New → Incomplete
Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) wrote :

We are closing this bug report because it lacks the information we need to investigate the problem, as described in the previous comments. Please reopen it if you can give us the missing information, and don't hesitate to submit bug reports in the future. To reopen the bug report you can click on the current status, under the Status column, and change the Status back to New. Thanks again!.

Changed in thunderbird:
status: Incomplete → Invalid

I answer to Daniel's latest message: it still happens on 8.10 and apparently also on 9.04 (bug #381017).

Dragging attachments from Thunderbird to desktop never worked on my Intrepid. All I get is a dialog saying.

Error while copying.
There was an error getting information about "<folder name>"
The specified location is not supported

That happens also when I drag to a nautilus window (icon view, list view, anything)

Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit
Gnome Desktop 2.24.1
Thunderbird 2.0.0.23

My mail is downloaded from a POP3 server. thunderbird-gnome-support is installed to the latest version.
If you need more information to investigate this problem, tell me what you need and I'll try to post it.

Changed in thunderbird (Ubuntu):
status: Invalid → New
John Vivirito (gnomefreak) wrote :

If this is reproducible in Windows please file a bug report on Mozilla's bug tracker and drop the link to that bug report here.

Changed in thunderbird (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
John Vivirito (gnomefreak) wrote :

sorry please drop the link on the bug that this was marked as a duplicate of
bug #381017

LinkedIn
------------

Bug,

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Simon

Simon Quantrill
ICT Technical Manager at BMT Argoss
Apeldoorn Area, Netherlands

Confirm that you know Simon Quantrill:
https://www.linkedin.com/e/-4dsqfy-h0jazwtw-5k/isd/6519261285/0epIhWyY/?hs=false&tok=0wsVcLEIoH5Rc1

--
You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Click to unsubscribe:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-4dsqfy-h0jazwtw-5k/daUpoZkkmUrroa_FOeFGdSHkN6Gkfx_vgpqxmcy/goo/175591%40bugs%2Elaunchpad%2Enet/20061/I2261029327_1/?hs=false&tok=3fjoRBB50H5Rc1

(c) 2012 LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

LinkedIn
------------

Bug,

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Simon

Simon Quantrill
ICT Technical Manager at BMT Argoss
Apeldoorn Area, Netherlands

Confirm that you know Simon Quantrill:
https://www.linkedin.com/e/-4dsqfy-hnyjqiux-1r/isd/18017925787/8Ex1mWy6/?hs=false&tok=0A2wYDTV2J3C01

--
You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Click to unsubscribe:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/-4dsqfy-hnyjqiux-1r/daUpoZkkmUrroa_FOeFGdSHkN6Gkfx_vgpqxmcy/goo/175591%40bugs%2Elaunchpad%2Enet/20061/I5926455104_1/?hs=false&tok=2oHoMhwYeJ3C01

(c) 2012 LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers