software-properties-gtk crashed with Error in setlocale(): unsupported locale setting

Bug #730643 reported by Alexey Ivanov on 2011-03-07
394
This bug affects 44 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
software-properties (Ubuntu)
High
Martin Pitt

Bug Description

:P

ProblemType: Crash
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
Package: software-properties-gtk 0.80.4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-5.32-generic 2.6.38-rc6
Uname: Linux 2.6.38-5-generic i686
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Architecture: i386
Date: Mon Mar 7 14:40:17 2011
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha i386 (20110302)
InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.7
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk --open-tab 2 --toplevel 60817411
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en_US:en
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US
 SHELL=/bin/bash
PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk', '--open-tab', '2', '--toplevel', '60817411']
SourcePackage: software-properties
Title: software-properties-gtk crashed with Error in setlocale(): unsupported locale setting
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups:

Alexey Ivanov (alexey-ivanov) wrote :
tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
visibility: private → public
tags: added: bugpattern-needed
Martin Pitt (pitti) on 2011-04-04
Changed in software-properties (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Martin Pitt (pitti)
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → In Progress
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

bug #630155 is similar in language-selector

Martin Pitt (pitti) on 2011-04-05
Changed in software-properties (Ubuntu):
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package software-properties - 0.80.6

---------------
software-properties (0.80.6) natty; urgency=low

  * software-properties-gtk: Fix crash on invalid locale. (LP: #730643)
 -- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:07:42 +0200

Changed in software-properties (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

reopening, it got a new duplicate with the version that was supposed to fix the issue

Changed in software-properties (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Released → Triaged

i updated, now it is working fine.

thank you

2011/4/8 Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>

> reopening, it got a new duplicate with the version that was supposed to
> fix the issue
>
> ** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)
> Status: Fix Released => Triaged
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of a duplicate bug (750494).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/730643
>
> Title:
> software-properties-gtk crashed with Error in setlocale(): unsupported
> locale setting
>
> Status in “software-properties” package in Ubuntu:
> Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> :P
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
> Package: software-properties-gtk 0.80.4
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-5.32-generic 2.6.38-rc6
> Uname: Linux 2.6.38-5-generic i686
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Mon Mar 7 14:40:17 2011
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk
> InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha i386 (20110302)
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.7
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk --open-tab 2
> --toplevel 60817411
> ProcEnviron:
> LANGUAGE=en_US:en
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_US
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk', '--open-tab', '2',
> '--toplevel', '60817411']
> SourcePackage: software-properties
> Title: software-properties-gtk crashed with Error in setlocale():
> unsupported locale setting
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> UserGroups:
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/730643/+subscribe
>

Martin Pitt (pitti) on 2011-04-08
Changed in software-properties (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.