Payments are failing when using USD but fine with Euros

Bug #996247 reported by Mark East on 2012-05-07
36
This bug affects 8 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Payment service
Undecided
Unassigned
software-center (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I first noticed this when trying to purchase Oil Rush from the software centre. I put the Mastercard credit card details in but it failed when submitting with the reason 3DSECURE. I tried again just in case I had input the details wrong but got the same message so I thought the 3DSECURE must be actually blocking the purchase. I then tried another card, this time it was a Visa debit card but I got the same message. I then went back to the original card and changed the currency to euros and it went through first time.

Later Itried to add more space to my Ubuntu one account and got an error when submitting payment but this gave no reason. Remembering my earlier issue I changed the currency to euros and it worked first time again.

Affects:
Software Centre
Ubuntu One

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in software-center (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Brian Ealdwine (eode) wrote :

Using euro worked for me, and hey -- a 1% exchange fee by my bank isn't too much. I thought I wasn't going to be able to purchase the game until I saw this bug. It would be nice, though, if it worked in USD.

Angel Medrano (asmedrano) wrote :

Yep, USD failed for me. Euro works.

Mark East (feasty) wrote :

Here is a screenshot of the error I receive.

AJenbo (ajenbo) wrote :

Thank you for this bug title :) I was trying to by more space for U1 as my old credicard had expired and my subscribtion there for cancled :o

Geert Schuring (geert-schuring) wrote :

I had the same problem, but changing the currency to euros fixed it! (I'm in europe).

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments