1. open stock software-center
2. click on "installed" very quickly while the main page is still loading
3. verify that there is a traceback (note that this does not happen always, just most of the time)
4. use the fixed version from -proosed
5. verify that (2) does no longer produces a traceback
I just opened, clicked installed software, clicked on a category, it crashed.
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: software-center 5.1.12
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-19.30-generic 3.2.11
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-19-generic x86_64
Date: Mon Mar 19 19:55:01 2012
ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/software-center
Title: software-center crashed with AttributeError in __contains__(): 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__contains__'
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-03-13 (5 days ago)
UserGroups: adm admin audio cdrom dialout dip floppy fuse lpadmin plugdev video