Elevated privileges asking for wrong user account
Binary package hint: software-center
I have installed Likewise Open to be able to authenticated users to AD. I now have 2 users with the same user name (i.e. jdoe and domain\jdoe). When installing a program in Software Center, I am prompted to enter a psw for jdoe, but I am logged into domain\jdoe. This should not happen since domain\jdoe does not have sudoers rights but jdoe does. Installing software using the domain\jdoe via apt-get (synaptic, update-manager) does not allow me to do this.
Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Create user jdoe with sudoers rights
2. Install LikeWise Open and setup authentication information
3. Log onto Ubuntu using domain\jdoe
4. Try to install an application using Software Center (do not type in psw)
5. When prompted for password type in password for domain\jdoe. Application will state that you are entering the wrong password.
6. Enter password for jdoe account (which has sudoers rights)
|Jamie Pietarinen (jpietari) wrote : Re: [Bug 610897] Re: Elevated privileges asking for wrong user account||#2|