Cannot share folders with Macs running OS X 10.4x
Binary package hint: samba
1. Share folder on Feisty (e.g. r-click on folder in Nautilus, Share Folder, share through Windows Networks (SMB).
2. Attempt to access share through OSX 10.4 (e.g. Finder | Network | Mshome | Feisty-desktop | Connect
3. Choose SMB/CIFS shared volume to connect to.
4. Authenticate (Workgroup/
This creates error message: The alias "Feisty-desktop" could not be opened because the original item cannot be found.
I have two mac laptops with the same problem. They can see each other on the network, and share with WinXP (dual-boot on the same machine as Feisty). But they cannot share with Feisty.
The reverse is also a problem:
1. In Feisty, open shared Mac OSX 10.4 computer on the network (e.g. Places | Network | tiger-share. Shared Mac folders will now be viewable.)
2. Attempt to open shared folder.
This creates error message: The folder contents could not be displayed. You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "folder_name".