Missing pkgconfig files

Bug #1129110 reported by Jeremy Bicha on 2013-02-18
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
samba (Debian)
Fix Released
Unknown
samba (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

I'm trying to build gnome-control-center from git master but as of Friday it checks for the smbclient pkgconfig file as part of the new Sharing panel.

This is simple to fix as the pkgconfig file libsmbclient.pc is already built; it's just not installed.

Just add this to libsmbclient-dev.install:
usr/lib/*/pkgconfig/smbclient.pc

and this below the similar wblclient.pc line of debian/rules:

install -m 0644 source3/pkgconfig/smbclient.pc $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/pkgconfig

For Raring, you may also want the new upstream release with included security updates (i.e.: merge from Debian experimental).

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04
Package: libsmbclient-dev 2:3.6.9-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-6.13-generic 3.8.0-rc7
Uname: Linux 3.8.0-6-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu4
Architecture: amd64
Date: Mon Feb 18 08:44:45 2013
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: samba
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) wrote :

On 18 February 2013 10:49, Jeremy Bicha <email address hidden> wrote:

> Public bug reported:
>
> I'm trying to build gnome-control-center from git master but as of
> Friday it checks for the smbclient pkgconfig file as part of the new
> Sharing panel.
>
> This is simple to fix as the pkgconfig file libsmbclient.pc is already
> built; it's just not installed.
>
> Just add this to libsmbclient-dev.install:
> usr/lib/*/pkgconfig/smbclient.pc
>
> For Raring, you may also want the new upstream release with included
> security updates (i.e.: merge from Debian experimental).
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04
> Package: libsmbclient-dev 2:3.6.9-1ubuntu1
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-6.13-generic 3.8.0-rc7
> Uname: Linux 3.8.0-6-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu4
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Mon Feb 18 08:44:45 2013
> MarkForUpload: True
> OtherFailedConnect: Yes
> SambaServerRegression: No
> SmbConfIncluded: No
> SourcePackage: samba
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> ** Affects: samba (Ubuntu)
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> ** Affects: samba (Debian)
> Importance: Unknown
> Status: Unknown
>
>
> ** Tags: amd64 apport-bug raring
>
> ** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #700643
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700643
>
> ** Also affects: samba (Debian) via
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700643
> Importance: Unknown
> Status: Unknown
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
> Directory Services, which is subscribed to samba in Ubuntu.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1129110
>
> Title:
> Missing pkgconfig files
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1129110/+subscriptions
>

Changed in samba (Debian):
status: Unknown → Fix Released
Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) on 2013-02-18
description: updated
Changed in samba (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Jeremy, can you add a patch and subscribe ubuntu-sponsors, that will probably increase the chances to have it reviewed

Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) wrote :

I believe this was fixed for Saucy by merging the latest version from Debian.

Changed in samba (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.