rhythmbox unable import a CD in flac if a part of the CD was imported already

Bug #533389 reported by Michael Mercier on 2010-03-06
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
rhythmbox (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: rhythmbox

to reproduce this bug:
1. begin to import a CD in flac
2. stop before the end
3. try to import the same CD in flac
4. for first song it ask "do you want to override "name_of_the_file.flac"?"
5. click "no" because i've already import it (it's not possible to import only selected song by the way...)

one error message appears by songs that reads:
"Unable to locate encoding profile for mime-type "

if i look to Edition -> Preferences on Music tab the flac encoding types has disappeared! After that for the same actions I've the error message for each songs (it comes back after restart)

my conf:
ubuntu 9.10 x64
rythmbox package:
0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: amd64
Date: Sat Mar 6 18:17:24 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/rhythmbox
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: rhythmbox 0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-20.57-generic
SourcePackage: rhythmbox
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-20-generic x86_64

Michael Mercier (mickours) wrote :
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Thank you for your bug report. The issue is an upstream one and it would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug the to the people writting the software (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME)

Changed in rhythmbox (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
Nigel Babu (nigelbabu) wrote :

I spoke to upstream, they say that it not possible to break the import process and expect it to work. It can only handle the entire import in one go. The latest version though, allows ripping of selected tracks

the problem is not that the import doesn't works, the problem is that if the import stop it's not possible to import the CD again and the FLAC his not support until restart of rythmBox

> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:26:42 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 533389] Re: rhythmbox unable import a CD in flac if a part of the CD was imported already
>
> I spoke to upstream, they say that it not possible to break the import
> process and expect it to work. It can only handle the entire import in
> one go. The latest version though, allows ripping of selected tracks
>
> --
> rhythmbox unable import a CD in flac if a part of the CD was imported already
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/533389
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: rhythmbox
>
> to reproduce this bug:
> 1. begin to import a CD in flac
> 2. stop before the end
> 3. try to import the same CD in flac
> 4. for first song it ask "do you want to override "name_of_the_file.flac"?"
> 5. click "no" because i've already import it (it's not possible to import only selected song by the way...)
>
> one error message appears by songs that reads:
> "Unable to locate encoding profile for mime-type "
>
> if i look to Edition -> Preferences on Music tab the flac encoding types has disappeared! After that for the same actions I've the error message for each songs (it comes back after restart)
>
>
>
> my conf:
> ubuntu 9.10 x64
> rythmbox package:
> 0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Sat Mar 6 18:17:24 2010
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/rhythmbox
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: rhythmbox 0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-20.57-generic
> SourcePackage: rhythmbox
> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-20-generic x86_64
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/533389/+subscribe

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail et MSN dans la poche? HOTMAIL et MSN sont dispo gratuitement sur votre téléphone!
http://www.messengersurvotremobile.com/?d=Hotmail

Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. A new version of Rhythmbox is available on Maverick and we are wondering if this bug is still an issue for you with that version? Could you please test and comment back? Thanks in advance.

Changed in rhythmbox (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete

It not an issue anymore! god Job!
Thanks

> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:33:47 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 533389] Re: rhythmbox unable import a CD in flac if a part of the CD was imported already
>
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
> Ubuntu better. A new version of Rhythmbox is available on Maverick and
> we are wondering if this bug is still an issue for you with that
> version? Could you please test and comment back? Thanks in advance.
>
> ** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> rhythmbox unable import a CD in flac if a part of the CD was imported already
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/533389
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: rhythmbox
>
> to reproduce this bug:
> 1. begin to import a CD in flac
> 2. stop before the end
> 3. try to import the same CD in flac
> 4. for first song it ask "do you want to override "name_of_the_file.flac"?"
> 5. click "no" because i've already import it (it's not possible to import only selected song by the way...)
>
> one error message appears by songs that reads:
> "Unable to locate encoding profile for mime-type "
>
> if i look to Edition -> Preferences on Music tab the flac encoding types has disappeared! After that for the same actions I've the error message for each songs (it comes back after restart)
>
>
>
> my conf:
> ubuntu 9.10 x64
> rythmbox package:
> 0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Sat Mar 6 18:17:24 2010
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/rhythmbox
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: rhythmbox 0.12.5-0ubuntu5.2
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-20.57-generic
> SourcePackage: rhythmbox
> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-20-generic x86_64
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/533389/+subscribe

Omer Akram (om26er) wrote :

closing this bug then. feel free to report any other bugs you may find

Changed in rhythmbox (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers