[Dapper] Rhythmbox sometimes refuses to load files in directories with non-ascii names
|Ubuntu Desktop Bugs|
I used Sound Juicer under Dapper to rip an album by a group called Slagsmålsklubben, which ended up in a directory with that name. Rhythmbox couldn't find it, even if I manually added the directory, or any sub-directory.
I renamed the directory to Slagsmalsklubben, and Rhythmbox happily found and played the album. Renamed it back, and I could not play it anymore.
Apparently, it doesn't matter if the files themself have non-ascii characters in their names, or if their ID3-tags contains non-ascii characters, since the songs seem to load and play just fine when the directory, but not any files, is renamed.
I also had an old directory with a ISO-8859-coded ü (my system is UTF-8), wich Rhythmbox also missed. However, strangely enough, that one was picked up after I replaced it with a UTF-8 ü.
|Changed in rhythmbox:|
|assignee:||nobody → desktop-bugs|
|status:||Unconfirmed → Needs Info|
|Changed in rhythmbox (Ubuntu):|
|status:||Confirmed → Incomplete|