This bug was fixed in the package resolvconf - 1.65ubuntu1
resolvconf (1.65ubuntu1) quantal; urgency=low
* Merge from debian unstable. Remaining changes:
- Make /etc/resolv.conf a relative symlink so that it works when
setting up chroots.
- Instead of throwing an error that aborts the upgrade when
/etc/resolv.conf is immutable, pop a debconf error message to let the
user know what's happening, then clear the immutable flag and continue
with the installation. LP: #989585.
- debian/config, debian/templates, debian/postinst: if we don't know that
/etc/resolv.conf was being dynamically managed before install (in at
least some cases), link the original contents of /etc/resolv.conf to
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail so that any statically configured
nameservers aren't lost. LP: #923685.
- Use an upstart job instead of sysvinit script.
- Pre-Depend on the /run-providing version of initscripts instead of
depending, so that the preinst does the right thing when creating
/run/resolvconf/interfaces instead of getting clobbered later by a bind
mount on initscripts upgrade. LP: #922491.
- Completely drop the standard_run_subdirs_created helper function from
debian/postinst, since it serves no purpose here.
- postinst: Set resolvconf/linkify-resolvconf to false after initial
conversion, ensuring upgrades won't convert /etc/resolv.conf to
a symlink if the user manually converted it back to plain text.
- Make resolvconf exit 0 when /etc/resolv.conf isn't a symlink
(instead of exit 1) and update the error message.
- Move the #DEBHELPER# token in debian/postinst to after the resolv.conf
symlink is set, so the init script can actually start (since it expects
/etc/resolv.conf to be a symlink).
- Eliminate all references to /etc/resolvconf/run. This should all be done
directly in /run, there is no reason to support making any of this
configurable with a symlink since we already have a versioned dependency
on the version of initscripts that introduces the /run transition.
resolvconf (1.65) unstable; urgency=low
[ Thomas Hood ]
* [3f0a1a1] Create /etc/resolvconf/run and its target and subdir
in the postinst as well as in the preinst (Closes: #662724)
* [ae16ea8] In postinst, as last resort, create /run/resolvconf/
even if /run isn't a tmpfs.
* [25711bf] ifupdown hook scripts: Don't return error to ifupdown
(Addresses #661591 so far as resolvconf is concerned)
* [8da29c3] Document that list-records doesn't list empty records.
Add patterns for biosdevnames (See LP#949473)
* [a998de3] Update default interface order patterns in list-records
* [94baf61] resolvconf(8): Update ref to dhclient hook script
resolvconf (1.64) unstable; urgency=low
[ Thomas Hood ]
* [da2bfa4] Wipe more selectively (Closes: #657259)
* [e5fbaef] Ubuntu backport: on enable-updates, exit with nonzero
status if and only if updates could not be enabled (i.e., ignore
update script errors).
* [e1cb96e] Bump Standards-Version
-- Stephane Graber <email address hidden> Thu, 03 May 2012 21:17:35 -0400