software-center crashed with ImportError in /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb

Bug #440889 reported by No Cookies
718
This bug affects 103 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
python2.7 (Ubuntu)
Critical
Canonical Foundations Team
Precise
Critical
Canonical Foundations Team

Bug Description

TEST CASE:
python -c 'import bsddb'

RESULT:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
    import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb

WORKAROUND:
Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
You can find the package in your local apt cache in /var/cache/apt/archives/
Or from launchpad https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.

Symptons: software-center doesn't start

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line 82, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py", line 36, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py", line 33, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from bsddb import db as bdb
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
    import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb

(this wasn't the original bug - but since apport decided to use this as the master bug I've updated the description)

Related branches

tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Michael Vogt (mvo)
affects: software-center (Ubuntu) → pywebkitgtk (Ubuntu)
Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in pywebkitgtk (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
tags: added: bugpattern-needed
Kiwinote (kiwinote)
summary: - Ubuntu Software Center Fails to Run.
+ software-center crashed with ImportError in
+ /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
affects: pywebkitgtk (Ubuntu) → software-center (Ubuntu)
Changed in software-center (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Critical
status: Confirmed → Triaged
description: updated
Kiwinote (kiwinote)
visibility: private → public
Revision history for this message
Corrado (corrado-zanella) wrote :

Alsa crashes on Ubuntu Precise

Revision history for this message
Ubuntu QA Website (ubuntuqa) wrote :

This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/919768

tags: added: iso-testing
Revision history for this message
Dave Gilbert (ubuntu-treblig) wrote :

Kiwinote:

I'm confused by this bug report - the report originally was:

ImportError: libicui18n.so.40: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

this seems entirely different from what you changed it to.

The only oriignal dupe of this seems to be bug 464734.

All the recent 91xxx ones are similar to the one you've changed it to (_bsddb related) but very different to the original one.

I'm not sure how to sort that out; maybe we just leave it as is as a home to all the 91xxxx series with _bsddb but it seems a shame to lose the original (which I guess is probably fixed somewhere in the last 2 years?).

Dave

Revision history for this message
Jean-Baptiste Lallement (jibel) wrote :

Moving to python2.7 which is where the module bsddb comes from.

affects: software-center (Ubuntu Precise) → python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise)
Changed in python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise):
assignee: nobody → Canonical Foundations Team (canonical-foundations)
tags: added: regression-release rls-mgr-p-tracking
Changed in python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise):
milestone: none → precise-alpha-2
description: updated
Revision history for this message
Kiwinote (kiwinote) wrote :

Hi Dave - you're right in noting that the original bug report was describing a different issue. For some reason apport marked all the 919xxx bugs as duplicates of this one. In order not to confuse all the new subscribers by unmarking their new bugs as duplicates and then marking them as duplicates of something else, I decided to modify this report to reflect all its duplicates. Although not an ideal situation, I figured that this would cause the least disruption - the original bug no longer occurs in software-center. Hope this clarifies things a bit!

As for the current issue, an initial look would seem to imply that it was caused by a recent python update?

Revision history for this message
Brendan Donegan (brendan-donegan) wrote :

Why has an old bug which has nothing to do with software-center crashing been modified to serve as the master bug for an issue in Precise? This is deeply confusing for new bug reporter, as this bug is several years old so most would think that it couldn't have anything to do with software-center in Precise.

Revision history for this message
Jean-Baptiste Lallement (jibel) wrote :

Right, it's confusing but apport is doing it wrong and already duped dozens of reports. Sorry for the original reporter.

This bug as been introduced by
python2.7 (2.7.2-13ubuntu1) precise; urgency=low

  * Build using libdb5.1.

The workaround is to downgrade to a previous version.

description: updated
description: updated
Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package python2.7 - 2.7.2-13ubuntu3

---------------
python2.7 (2.7.2-13ubuntu3) precise; urgency=low

  * Really apply the db5.1 patch. LP: #440889 (why is such an old and
    unrelated issue number used?).
 -- Matthias Klose <email address hidden> Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:09:45 +0100

Changed in python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise):
status: Triaged → Fix Released
Revision history for this message
Charles Durant (chrlsdrnt) wrote :

I have my precise updated completely. Here is my error on this bug.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line 82, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py", line 36, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py", line 33, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from bsddb import db as bdb
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
    import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb

Python 2.7.2+ (default, Jan 20 2012, 21:07:34)
[GCC 4.6.2] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

Revision history for this message
Nest (nestor15) wrote :

@Charles: You still got the old 2.7.2-13ubuntu2.
The new code was uploaded 30 minutes ago and the system is still working on the new builds, just give it a moment. ;)

Revision history for this message
Anders Ekberg (henry-ekberg) wrote : Re: [Bug 440889] Re: software-center crashed with ImportError in /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb

That solved it for me.

/Anders

2012-01-21 23:25, Launchpad Bug Tracker skrev:
> This bug was fixed in the package python2.7 - 2.7.2-13ubuntu3
>
> ---------------
> python2.7 (2.7.2-13ubuntu3) precise; urgency=low
>
> * Really apply the db5.1 patch. LP: #440889 (why is such an old and
> unrelated issue number used?).
> -- Matthias Klose<email address hidden> Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:09:45 +0100
>
> ** Changed in: python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise)
> Status: Triaged => Fix Released
>

Revision history for this message
Marco (marco-mocci69) wrote :

Ok, it's solved. Thanks.

Il giorno 22/gen/2012 09:25, "Anders Ekberg" <email address hidden> ha
scritto:
>
> That solved it for me.
>
> /Anders
>
> 2012-01-21 23:25, Launchpad Bug Tracker skrev:
> > This bug was fixed in the package python2.7 - 2.7.2-13ubuntu3
> >
> > ---------------
> > python2.7 (2.7.2-13ubuntu3) precise; urgency=low
> >
> > * Really apply the db5.1 patch. LP: #440889 (why is such an old and
> > unrelated issue number used?).
> > -- Matthias Klose<email address hidden> Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:09:45 +0100
> >
> > ** Changed in: python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise)
> > Status: Triaged => Fix Released
> >
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (919637).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/440889
>
> Title:
> software-center crashed with ImportError in
> /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
>
> Status in “python2.7” package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in “python2.7” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> TEST CASE:
> python -c 'import bsddb'
>
> RESULT:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> WORKAROUND:
> Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version
prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
> You can find the package in your local apt cache in
/var/cache/apt/archives/
> Or from launchpad
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and
select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.
>
> Symptons: software-center doesn't start
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line
82, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> File
"/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
line 36, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> File
"/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
line 33, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> File
"/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
line 32, in <module>
> from bsddb import db as bdb
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> (this wasn't the original bug - but since apport decided to use this
> as the master bug I've updated the description)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/440889/+subscriptions

Revision history for this message
J Cord (j7cord) wrote :
Download full text (5.4 KiB)

The update fixed it for me as well. Thanks to all

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Marco <email address hidden> wrote:

> Ok, it's solved. Thanks.
>
> Il giorno 22/gen/2012 09:25, "Anders Ekberg" <email address hidden>
> ha
> scritto:
> >
> > That solved it for me.
> >
> > /Anders
> >
> > 2012-01-21 23:25, Launchpad Bug Tracker skrev:
> > > This bug was fixed in the package python2.7 - 2.7.2-13ubuntu3
> > >
> > > ---------------
> > > python2.7 (2.7.2-13ubuntu3) precise; urgency=low
> > >
> > > * Really apply the db5.1 patch. LP: #440889 (why is such an old and
> > > unrelated issue number used?).
> > > -- Matthias Klose<email address hidden> Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:09:45
> +0100
> > >
> > > ** Changed in: python2.7 (Ubuntu Precise)
> > > Status: Triaged => Fix Released
> > >
> >
> > --
> > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> > duplicate bug report (919637).
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/440889
> >
> > Title:
> > software-center crashed with ImportError in
> > /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
> >
> > Status in “python2.7” package in Ubuntu:
> > Fix Released
> > Status in “python2.7” source package in Precise:
> > Fix Released
> >
> > Bug description:
> > TEST CASE:
> > python -c 'import bsddb'
> >
> > RESULT:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> > File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> > import _bsddb
> > ImportError: No module named _bsddb
> >
> > WORKAROUND:
> > Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version
> prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
> > You can find the package in your local apt cache in
> /var/cache/apt/archives/
> > Or from launchpad
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and
> select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.
> >
> > Symptons: software-center doesn't start
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
> > from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> > File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line
> 82, in <module>
> > from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> > File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
> line 36, in <module>
> > from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> > File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
> line 33, in <module>
> > from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> > File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
> > from bsddb import db as bdb
> > File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> > import _bsddb
> > ImportError: No module named _bsddb
> >
> > (this wasn't the original bug - but since apport decided to use this
> > as the master bug I've updated the description)
> >
> > To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> >
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/...

Read more...

Revision history for this message
Fabio Marconi (fabiomarconi) wrote :

Fixed for me too.

Revision history for this message
Barry Drake (b-drake) wrote :

Confirm cured with latest Python library. Thanks.

Revision history for this message
Jonathan Humphrey (jch388) wrote :

This issue is back with python2.7 2.7.3~rc1.

nathan@think-linux:~$ software-center
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 140, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line 83, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py", line 37, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py", line 33, in <module>
    from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
  File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from bsddb import db as bdb
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
    import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb

Revision history for this message
J Cord (j7cord) wrote :
Download full text (3.5 KiB)

Yep, I can confirm, I had not yet applied update, so I opened
software-center , ran normally, then applied update and no load.
Best wishes

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Jonathan Humphrey <email address hidden>wrote:

> This issue is back with python2.7 2.7.3~rc1.
>
> nathan@think-linux:~$ software-center
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 140, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line 83,
> in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
> line 37, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
> line 33, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
> from bsddb import db as bdb
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (919507).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/440889
>
> Title:
> software-center crashed with ImportError in
> /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
>
> Status in “python2.7” package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in “python2.7” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> TEST CASE:
> python -c 'import bsddb'
>
> RESULT:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> WORKAROUND:
> Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version
> prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
> You can find the package in your local apt cache in
> /var/cache/apt/archives/
> Or from launchpad
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and
> select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.
>
> Symptons: software-center doesn't start
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line
> 82, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
> line 36, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
> line 33, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
> from bsddb import db as bdb
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/...

Read more...

Revision history for this message
Scott Kitterman (kitterman) wrote :

Please file a new bug.

Revision history for this message
J Cord (j7cord) wrote :

Todays 2.7 python update has already fixed the problem. Apport would not
let file a bug report last night against it, when I tried to reproduce, but
is back to running fine now anyway.
Best Wishes

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Scott Kitterman <email address hidden>wrote:

> Please file a new bug.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (919507).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/440889
>
> Title:
> software-center crashed with ImportError in
> /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
>
> Status in “python2.7” package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in “python2.7” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> TEST CASE:
> python -c 'import bsddb'
>
> RESULT:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> WORKAROUND:
> Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version
> prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
> You can find the package in your local apt cache in
> /var/cache/apt/archives/
> Or from launchpad
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and
> select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.
>
> Symptons: software-center doesn't start
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line
> 82, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
> line 36, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
> line 33, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
> from bsddb import db as bdb
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> (this wasn't the original bug - but since apport decided to use this
> as the master bug I've updated the description)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/440889/+subscriptions
>

Revision history for this message
Jean-Baptiste Lallement (jibel) wrote :

No need to file a new bug, this is fixed in

python2.7 (2.7.3~rc1-1ubuntu2) precise; urgency=low

  * Re-enable the db5.1 patch again. LP: #440889.

Revision history for this message
J Cord (j7cord) wrote :

Acknowledged, yes, back to normal operation here. Thank you, Best Wishes

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> No need to file a new bug, this is fixed in
>
> python2.7 (2.7.3~rc1-1ubuntu2) precise; urgency=low
>
> * Re-enable the db5.1 patch again. LP: #440889.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (919507).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/440889
>
> Title:
> software-center crashed with ImportError in
> /usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py: No module named _bsddb
>
> Status in “python2.7” package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in “python2.7” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> TEST CASE:
> python -c 'import bsddb'
>
> RESULT:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> WORKAROUND:
> Downgrade python2.7, libpython2.7 and python2.7-minimal to a version
> prior to 2.7.2-13ubuntu1
> You can find the package in your local apt cache in
> /var/cache/apt/archives/
> Or from launchpad
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/python2.7/2.7.2-9ubuntu1 and
> select your architecture in the list of builds on the right of the page.
>
> Symptons: software-center doesn't start
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/software-center", line 131, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.app import SoftwareCenterAppGtk3
> File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/app.py", line
> 82, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.panes.installedpane import InstalledPane
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/panes/installedpane.py",
> line 36, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.ui.gtk3.models.appstore2 import (
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/ui/gtk3/models/appstore2.py",
> line 33, in <module>
> from softwarecenter.backend.reviews import get_review_loader
> File
> "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/reviews/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
> from bsddb import db as bdb
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
> import _bsddb
> ImportError: No module named _bsddb
>
> (this wasn't the original bug - but since apport decided to use this
> as the master bug I've updated the description)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/440889/+subscriptions
>

To post a comment you must log in.