package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1

Bug #1167177 reported by Ahbali El Mehdi on 2013-04-10
30
This bug affects 5 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
python-defaults (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
Precise
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

after an "sudo apt-get upgrade " i get this :

Vous pouvez lancer « apt-get -f install » pour corriger ces problèmes.
Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
 python-dev : Dépend: python (= 2.7.3-0ubuntu2) mais 2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1 est installé
E: Dépendances manquantes. Essayez d'utiliser l'option -f.

and when i use " sudo apt-get -f install" i get this error :

Préparation du remplacement de python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 (en utilisant .../python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb) ...
Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de python-dev ...
dpkg : erreur de traitement de /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb (--unpack) :
 tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour « man-db »...
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-40.64-generic-pae 3.2.40
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-40-generic-pae i686
NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.1
AptOrdering:
 python-dev: Install
 python-dev: Configure
Architecture: i386
Date: Wed Apr 10 07:19:58 2013
ErrorMessage: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386 (20120423)
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: python-defaults
Title: package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Same issue here on Ubuntu 12.04 (3.2.0-40-generic-pae)

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

python-dev: Depends: python (= 2.7.3-0ubuntu2) but 2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1 is installed

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in python-defaults (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Micah Gersten (micahg) on 2013-04-14
Changed in python-defaults (Ubuntu Precise):
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Triaged
tags: added: regression-proposed

I tried sudo apt-get install -f python-dev, as suggested by the error message itself, but it didn't work. I got

Preparing to replace python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 (using .../python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement python-dev ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc', which is also in package python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1

Is there any workaround?

The error you are encountering is exactly the bug in question. Clearly
there is no current workaround, that is why the bug was filed in the first
place.
On May 3, 2013 3:50 PM, "Antonio Roquentin" <email address hidden>
wrote:

> I tried sudo apt-get install -f python-dev, as suggested by the error
> message itself, but it didn't work. I got
>
> Preparing to replace python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 (using
> .../python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement python-dev ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
> trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc', which is also in
> package python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
>
> Is there any workaround?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (1168802).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1167177
>
> Title:
> package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative
> de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient
> aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defaults/+bug/1167177/+subscriptions
>

Barry Warsaw (barry) wrote :

I cannot reproduce this bug in a precise chroot.

Barry Warsaw (barry) wrote :

NM, got it.

Hello Ahbali, or anyone else affected,

Accepted python-defaults into precise-proposed. The package will build now and be available at http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defaults/2.7.3-0ubuntu2.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository.

Please help us by testing this new package. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how to enable and use -proposed. Your feedback will aid us getting this update out to other Ubuntu users.

If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug, mentioning the version of the package you tested, and change the tag from verification-needed to verification-done. If it does not fix the bug for you, please add a comment stating that, and change the tag to verification-failed. In either case, details of your testing will help us make a better decision.

Further information regarding the verification process can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification . Thank you in advance!

Changed in python-defaults (Ubuntu Precise):
status: Triaged → Fix Committed
tags: added: verification-needed
Steve Langasek (vorlon) wrote :

confirmed that this issue is resolved in the current version of the package in -proposed.

tags: added: verification-done
removed: verification-needed
Changed in python-defaults (Ubuntu Precise):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released

Thanks!

--

At 2013-06-19 02:40:06,"Steve Langasek" <email address hidden> wrote:
>confirmed that this issue is resolved in the current version of the
>package in -proposed.
>
>** Tags removed: verification-needed
>** Tags added: verification-done
>
>** Changed in: python-defaults (Ubuntu Precise)
> Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
>
>--
>You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
>duplicate bug report (1167700).
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1167177
>
>Title:
> package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative
> de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient
> aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
>
>Status in “python-defaults” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>Status in “python-defaults” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
>Bug description:
> after an "sudo apt-get upgrade " i get this :
>
> Vous pouvez lancer « apt-get -f install » pour corriger ces problèmes.
> Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
> python-dev : Dépend: python (= 2.7.3-0ubuntu2) mais 2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1 est installé
> E: Dépendances manquantes. Essayez d'utiliser l'option -f.
>
> and when i use " sudo apt-get -f install" i get this error :
>
> Préparation du remplacement de python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 (en utilisant .../python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb) ...
> Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de python-dev ...
> dpkg : erreur de traitement de /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb (--unpack) :
> tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour « man-db »...
> Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
> /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-40.64-generic-pae 3.2.40
> Uname: Linux 3.2.0-40-generic-pae i686
> NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
> ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.1
> AptOrdering:
> python-dev: Install
> python-dev: Configure
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Wed Apr 10 07:19:58 2013
> ErrorMessage: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386 (20120423)
> MarkForUpload: True
> SourcePackage: python-defaults
> Title: package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
>To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defaults/+bug/1167177/+subscriptions

Download full text (5.8 KiB)

thank you for the fix :)

2013/6/19 michelia <shuguang1215@126.com>

> Thanks!
>
>
>
> --
>
>
>
>
> At 2013-06-19 02:40:06,"Steve Langasek" <email address hidden>
> wrote:
> >confirmed that this issue is resolved in the current version of the
> >package in -proposed.
> >
> >** Tags removed: verification-needed
> >** Tags added: verification-done
> >
> >** Changed in: python-defaults (Ubuntu Precise)
> > Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
> >
> >--
> >You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> >duplicate bug report (1167700).
> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1167177
> >
> >Title:
> > package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: tentative
> > de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient
> > aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> >
> >Status in “python-defaults” package in Ubuntu:
> > Confirmed
> >Status in “python-defaults” source package in Precise:
> > Fix Released
> >
> >Bug description:
> > after an "sudo apt-get upgrade " i get this :
> >
> > Vous pouvez lancer « apt-get -f install » pour corriger ces problèmes.
> > Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
> > python-dev : Dépend: python (= 2.7.3-0ubuntu2) mais 2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1
> est installé
> > E: Dépendances manquantes. Essayez d'utiliser l'option -f.
> >
> > and when i use " sudo apt-get -f install" i get this error :
> >
> > Préparation du remplacement de python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 (en utilisant
> .../python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb) ...
> > Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de python-dev ...
> > dpkg : erreur de traitement de
> /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb (--unpack) :
> > tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui
> appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> > Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour « man-db »...
> > Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/python-dev_2.7.3-0ubuntu2.1_i386.deb
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> >
> > ProblemType: Package
> > DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> > Package: python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2
> > ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-40.64-generic-pae 3.2.40
> > Uname: Linux 3.2.0-40-generic-pae i686
> > NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
> > ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.1
> > AptOrdering:
> > python-dev: Install
> > python-dev: Configure
> > Architecture: i386
> > Date: Wed Apr 10 07:19:58 2013
> > ErrorMessage: tentative de remplacement de «
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet python2.7
> 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> > InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
> (20120423)
> > MarkForUpload: True
> > SourcePackage: python-defaults
> > Title: package python-dev 2.7.3-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade:
> tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/pkgconfig/python2.pc », qui
> appartient aussi au paquet python2.7 2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1
> > UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> >
> >To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> >
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defa...

Read more...

The verification of this Stable Release Update has completed successfully and the package has now been released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a regression using the package from -updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report regression-update so we can easily find any regresssions.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers