kubuntu Karmic can't output sound at the same time
Nominated for Karmic by Julien Aubin
OS: Kubuntu Karmic (updated to the latest) i386
sound can't be output by different programmes at the same time.
1. Juk(Amarok, Dragon Player) is playing music. If I use smplayer to play a movie(avi), then no sound from smplayer. I have to quit both Juk(Amarok, Dragon Player) and Smplayer, then play the movei with smplayer again to get the sound with the movie.
2. Smplayer is player a movie with sound. If I run Juk(Amarok, Dragon Player), no sound from these programs.
3. Kmplayer, Smplayer, Mplayer cant both play movies at the same time with different sounds from each of them.
4. Juk is palying music. If I use Dragon Player to play a movie, I get not sound from Dragon Player. The notification pop up and say: "audio playback device HDA INTEL ALC262 analog does not work, fallback to." Actually it fallback to nothing that works. I checked the Multimedia (in system setting) , I got "HDA Intel (ALC262 Analog)" & "PulseAudio" these two Output Device Preference in the all the Audio Output Categories. "PulseAudio" doesn't work when I click "test" button, it'll automatically fallback to HDA Intel (ALC262 Analog). (when I click the test button to test, I can hear that there's a delay and a bit noise at the beginning)
5. If I'm using any application that plays sound, clicking the "test" button gets no sound.
6. Juk is playing music, there's no sound for Kopete notification.
Let me know, if you need further informations.
I guess there's a problem from pulseaudio.
|affects:||ubuntu → pulseaudio (Ubuntu)|
|Daniel T Chen (crimsun) wrote : Re: [Bug 447844] Re: kubuntu Karmic can't output sound at the same time||#4|