says conneting but cant see anyones name and have tryed to debug and dosnt seem to work

Bug #391424 reported by newriven on 2009-06-24
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
pidgin (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: pidgin

i try to open messenger and it says connecting but will not connect and i have tried to debug the system and still dose not work i can not reinstall

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/pidgin
Package: pidgin 1:2.5.5-1ubuntu8.1
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: pidgin
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-13-generic i686

newriven (thenewriven) wrote :
Damiano Dallatana (damidalla) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Please answer these questions:

* Is this reproducible?
* If so, what specific steps should we take to recreate this bug?
* Which protocols are you using? (eg: Yahoo!, MSN, XMPP, Gtalk,...)

This will help us to find and resolve the problem.

Changed in pidgin (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete

yes and i dont know and im using yahoo
--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Damiano Dallatana <email address hidden> wrote:

From: Damiano Dallatana <email address hidden>
Subject: [Bug 391424] Re: says conneting but cant see anyones name and have tryed to debug and dosnt seem to work
To: <email address hidden>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 1:50 PM

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please answer these questions:

* Is this reproducible?
* If so, what specific steps should we take to recreate this bug?
* Which protocols are you using? (eg: Yahoo!, MSN, XMPP, Gtalk,...)

This will help us to find and resolve the problem.

** Changed in: pidgin (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

--
says conneting but cant see anyones name and have tryed to debug and dosnt seem to work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/391424
You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
of the bug.

Status in “pidgin” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete

Bug description:
Binary package hint: pidgin

i try to open messenger and it says connecting but will not connect and i have tried to debug the system and still dose not work i can not reinstall

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/pidgin
Package: pidgin 1:2.5.5-1ubuntu8.1
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: pidgin
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-13-generic i686

Damiano Dallatana (damidalla) wrote :

With the information you added, I can tell this particular bug you reported is a duplicate of bug 389322, so it is being marked as such. This issue has been fixed upstream but not yet in Ubuntu Jaunty; you can find updated packages of pidgin 2.5.7 on https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive/ppa (read the instructions on the page).
Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in the other report. Feel free to continue to report any other bugs you may find.

How do I sign off of this ?

Shawn Halter, M.Sc., B.Sc., P.Ag.
Phone: 217 883 4897

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Damiano Dallatana <email address hidden> wrote:

> From: Damiano Dallatana <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 391424] Re: says conneting but cant see anyones name and have tryed to debug and dosnt seem to work
> To: <email address hidden>
> Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 5:08 PM
> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug
> 389322 ***
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/389322
>
> With the information you added, I can tell this particular
> bug you reported is a duplicate of bug 389322, so it is
> being marked as such. This issue has been fixed upstream but
> not yet in Ubuntu Jaunty; you can find updated packages of
> pidgin 2.5.7 on https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive/ppa
> (read the instructions on the page).
> Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug
> should occur in the other report. Feel free to continue to
> report any other bugs you may find.
>
> ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 389322
>    Yahoo server authentication changed:
> Pidgin =<2.5.6 will not connect to Yahoo! servers.
>
> --
> says conneting but cant see anyones name and have tryed to
> debug and dosnt seem to work
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/391424
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct
> subscriber
> of a duplicate bug (via bug 389322).
>
> Status in “pidgin” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: pidgin
>
> i try to open messenger and it says connecting but will not
> connect and i have tried to debug the system and still dose
> not work i can not reinstall
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/pidgin
> Package: pidgin 1:2.5.5-1ubuntu8.1
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: pidgin
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-13-generic i686
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers