Language reverts to US English in tables

Bug #462278 reported by etxkesa
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: openoffice.org

I have set the default language for my entire document to Australian English, but when I insert a table, the language within the cells of the table automatically reverts to US English. I have also noticed that when I insert new headings, these seem to also be inserted in US English, regardless of the language set for the document.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: openoffice.org-core 1:3.0.1-9ubuntu3.1
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: openoffice.org
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-16-generic i686

Revision history for this message
etxkesa (kens-acm) wrote :
Revision history for this message
Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

Do you still have this issue with the new version in Ubuntu 9.04 with the ppa at https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa or Ubuntu Karmic?

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Revision history for this message
etxkesa (kens-acm) wrote : Re: [Bug 462278] Re: Language reverts to US English in tables

I'm not running Karmic yet. I will try to install the new version. I guess
I'll try to use the package updater.
/KenS

2009/10/29 Chris Cheney <email address hidden>

> Do you still have this issue with the new version in Ubuntu 9.04 with
> the ppa at https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Eopenoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa>or Ubuntu
> Karmic?
>
> ** Changed in: openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> Language reverts to US English in tables
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/462278
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: openoffice.org
>
> I have set the default language for my entire document to Australian
> English, but when I insert a table, the language within the cells of the
> table automatically reverts to US English. I have also noticed that when I
> insert new headings, these seem to also be inserted in US English,
> regardless of the language set for the document.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: openoffice.org-core 1:3.0.1-9ubuntu3.1
> ProcEnviron:
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: openoffice.org
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-16-generic i686
>

--
Ken Sayers
Senior ICT Strategy Consultant
Phone: +61 414 384 010

Chris Cheney (ccheney)
tags: added: jaunty
Revision history for this message
Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

Expired

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers