table, numbering and image error when saving .doc file

Bug #452518 reported by Matevž Jekovec on 2009-10-15
30
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
Critical
Chris Cheney
Hardy
Undecided
Unassigned
Karmic
Critical
Chris Cheney

Bug Description

Binary package hint: openoffice.org-kde

Hi guys.

I spotted a rather critical bug in karmic. When having openoffice.org-kde package installed and saving to .doc format, the tables are not saved, the numbering styles break and the images stored in the document are corrupted. If I remove the -kde interface, saving works fine. The bug is reproducible. I'm attaching screenshots for the pre-saved and re-opened versions of the document. The bug was introduced in karmic and was not present in jaunty for the openoffice KDE3 package. Please fix before the release or remove the openoffice.org-kde from default kubuntu installation to avoid the disaster!

The bug is still present in openoffice.org-kde 1:3.1.1-4ubuntu2.

Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

Roman,

Can you take a look at this bug? I have heard about this issue before and what someone claimed was that the wrong .doc format was being selected which seemed to be causing the problem.

Chris

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Roman Shtylman (shtylman)
status: New → Incomplete

Hi guys. The problem is in KDE4FilePicker.cxx, when using KFileDialog::currentFilter() method. It returns "*.doc", "*.odt" etc. Instead, it should return a full text "ODF text document (*.odt)". I'm attaching the patch shortly.

Chris Cheney (ccheney) on 2009-10-19
Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Critical
milestone: none → ubuntu-9.10

The patch fixes the bug as far as I tested. I don't exactly know why the _filters is used anyway. The reverse lookup is not a good idea I think, because the same file suffixes can have multiple formats (eg. Microsoft Word versions for the .doc suffix). Maybe _filters should be removed as well?

Oops, the following patch is correct. Ignore the previous one.

Roman Shtylman (shtylman) wrote :

I tested the last patch and it does indeed fix the problem.

 If _filters is no longer needed, then it can be removed (I will make a note to do that in the next code update I do). At the time I thought the reverse lookup was needed.

Thanks for the patch.

Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

Roman,

Thanks for the help!

This will be fixed immediately after the Ubuntu RC is released Thursday in time for the Ubuntu 9.10 release.

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
assignee: Roman Shtylman (shtylman) → Chris Cheney (ccheney)
status: Incomplete → Triaged
Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

Not sure how the hardy task appeared I think it might have been due to my internet connection dying as I was changing the assignment to myself.

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu Hardy):
status: New → Invalid
Vincent DAVY (vincentdavy) wrote :

Hi everybody,
I'd like to notify that the KDE file dialog for open office is still broken with the text of the menus :
-when you right click on the file list, the right click menu has no text
-when you click on the tool icon on the top-right corner, there is no text on the menu

In the bug tracker, this bug seemed to be fixed, but as the result I didn't show anything changing... maybe yet ?
Perhaps I am too impatient.

If somebody can confirm that this problem still exists and will be fixed ?

Thanks in advance.

O. Sinclair (o-sinclair) wrote :

To comment on this (the original problem with tables etc): a temporary solution is to change the option under Openoffice.org "General" to use Openoffice.org dialogs. That way you avoid the problem until the fix has been released

Chris Cheney (ccheney) wrote :

"Roman,

Thanks for the help!

This will be fixed immediately after the Ubuntu RC is released Thursday in time for the Ubuntu 9.10 release."

It was brought to my attention that this wasn't very clear, I meant that I will be uploading the fix directly after the RC release is done, which means the fix will not be in the RC itself but will be in the archive in time for the Ubuntu 9.10 release.

Martin Pitt (pitti) wrote :

Seems this is ready for upload, so setting to fix committed.

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu Karmic):
status: Triaged → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package openoffice.org - 1:3.1.1-5ubuntu1

---------------
openoffice.org (1:3.1.1-5ubuntu1) karmic; urgency=low

  * Resynchronise with Debian (r1714). Remaining changes:
    - Add Launchpad integration support.
    - Add Launchpad translations support.
    - Add package openoffice.org-style-human.
    - Add some Ubuntu-specific bitmaps. Adjust broffice diversions for these.
    - Add support for compressing debs with lzma.
    - Add support for shared /usr/share/doc directories.
    - Add support to build l10n as a separate source.
    - Add support to build on lpia.
    - Add support to turn off building on sparc.
    - Add Xb-Npp-xxx tags according to "firefox distro add-on suport" spec.
    - Use imagemagick instead of graphicsmagick.
    - openoffice.org-help switch to internal copy of lucene.
    - Disable gnome-vfs support since it is buggy.
    - Switch desktop files from %U to %F for gvfs fuse.
    - Check for known OOo-using services and stop/start them. (LP: #450569)
    - Finnish (fi) erronously listed in REMOVE_HELP. (LP: #455267)
  * Resynchronise with ooo-build-3-1-1 (df43127e853b920b288a6156111e4a2150bbae42).
    - Fixes wrong filter texts in KDE4 fpicker. (LP: #452518)

 -- Chris Cheney <email address hidden> Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:00:00 -0500

Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu Karmic):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers