Blank screen after running oem-config
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
In a virtual machine environment, install following the OEM setup testcase:
Final boot shows usable desktop.
A blank screen is shown with no mouse cursor. Typing has no affect, though one can reach a virtual terminal. At least that is the case in some (not all) virtual machine environments.
* PLEASE LIST YOUR RESULTS, successful or ortherwise with reproducing this bug. Versions are essential, as well as clear details on your system, especially video.
* This does only seem to affect virtual machine environments, but it needs a wider degree of testing on real hardware.
* This only seems to affect some virtual machine environments, so the issue may have something to do with the host environment. Further research is needed. It has appeared in KVM and VirtualBox, though it has also succeeded there.
* Further testing is needed to see how far back it goes and which flavor(s) are affected.
* Original bug report appears to have been for Kubuntu 16.04 on real hardware, but haven't heard from the OP. This bug has been heavily used on the ISO tracker for Kubuntu 17.04, so I'm co-opting it.
|Changed in oem-config (Ubuntu):|
|status:||Confirmed → Triaged|
- Blank screen after running oem-config
+ Blank screen after running oem-config in some virtual machine setups
- Blank screen after running oem-config in some virtual machine setups
+ Blank screen after running oem-config