Error in Booting

Bug #1785363 reported by Learn Technical on 2018-08-04
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

When i change my default graphics driver as Nvidia then it's not start .

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: xorg 1:7.7+19ubuntu7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
.tmp.unity_support_test.0:

ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CompizPlugins: No value set for `/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
CompositorRunning: None
Date: Sat Aug 4 09:59:11 2018
DistUpgraded: 2018-06-18 22:25:36,929 DEBUG icon theme changed, re-reading
DistroCodename: bionic
DistroVariant: ubuntu
DkmsStatus:
 bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
 bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
 virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
 virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
DpkgLog:

ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes, if not too technical
GraphicsCard:
 Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Lenovo 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [17aa:397d]
 NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [10de:1050] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Lenovo GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [17aa:397d]
MachineType: LENOVO HuronRiver Platform
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_IN
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-29-generic root=UUID=976f64eb-604f-4770-b36c-2efb3dae6ef1 ro quiet splash acpi_backlight=none vt.handoff=1
SourcePackage: xorg
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-06-18 (46 days ago)
dmi.bios.date: 10/21/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.bios.version: 45CN38WW
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: Emerald Lake
dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.board.version: FAB1
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.chassis.version: 0.1
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr45CN38WW:bd10/21/2011:svnLENOVO:pnHuronRiverPlatform:pvrIdeapadZ570:rvnLENOVO:rnEmeraldLake:rvrFAB1:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvr0.1:
dmi.product.family: HuronRiver System
dmi.product.name: HuronRiver Platform
dmi.product.version: Ideapad Z570
dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.13.1+18.04.20180302-0ubuntu1
version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.91-2
version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04.1
version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04.1
version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.19.6-1ubuntu4
version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.10.5-1ubuntu1
version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:18.0.1-1
version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.917+git20171229-1
version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.15-2
xserver.bootTime: Mon Jun 18 23:25:54 2018
xserver.configfile: default
xserver.errors: Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
xserver.logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
xserver.outputs:
 product id 16560
 vendor LEN
xserver.version: 2:1.19.6-1ubuntu4

Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

Did you try installing the nvidia driver?

Please try:
  sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390
and then reboot.

If you still have problems after that then please also run:
  dpkg -l > dpkgl.txt
and send us the resulting dpkgl.txt file.

affects: xorg (Ubuntu) → ubuntu
Changed in ubuntu:
status: New → Incomplete
Download full text (4.5 KiB)

Hi Team,

Thanks for your response ,
I tried install Nvidia Driver 390 but it's get stuck at booting time ,
It's stuck at starting runlevel but not get started
Please help me out and due to runlevel not started I am not able to take
dpkg log for you guys .

Please find snapshot of laptop screen for understanding problem

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 8:20 AM Daniel van Vugt <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Did you try installing the nvidia driver?
>
> Please try:
> sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390
> and then reboot.
>
> If you still have problems after that then please also run:
> dpkg -l > dpkgl.txt
> and send us the resulting dpkgl.txt file.
>
>
> ** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => ubuntu
>
> ** Changed in: ubuntu
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1785363
>
> Title:
> Error in Booting
>
> Status in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> When i change my default graphics driver as Nvidia then it's not start
> .
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
> Package: xorg 1:7.7+19ubuntu7
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18
> Uname: Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: wl
> .tmp.unity_support_test.0:
>
> ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
> Architecture: amd64
> CompizPlugins: No value set for
> `/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
> CompositorRunning: None
> Date: Sat Aug 4 09:59:11 2018
> DistUpgraded: 2018-06-18 22:25:36,929 DEBUG icon theme changed,
> re-reading
> DistroCodename: bionic
> DistroVariant: ubuntu
> DkmsStatus:
> bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
> bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
> virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
> virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
> DpkgLog:
>
> ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes, if not too technical
> GraphicsCard:
> Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
> Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> Subsystem: Lenovo 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
> Graphics Controller [17aa:397d]
> NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [10de:1050] (rev a1)
> (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> Subsystem: Lenovo GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [17aa:397d]
> MachineType: LENOVO HuronRiver Platform
> ProcEnviron:
> LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_IN
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-29-generic
> root=UUID=976f64eb-604f-4770-b36c-2efb3dae6ef1 ro quiet splash
> acpi_backlight=none vt.handoff=1
> SourcePackage: xorg
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-06-18 (46 days ago)
> dmi.bios.date: 10/21/2011
> dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.bios.version: 45CN38WW
> dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
> dmi.board.name: Emerald Lake
> dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.board.version: FAB1
> dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag
> dmi.chassis.type: 10
> dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.chass...

Read more...

Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

Please try the workarounds mentioned at the top of bug 1705369.

affects: ubuntu → nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu)
Download full text (4.3 KiB)

I tried what you said but it's stuck that run level might be some graphics
parameters have to changed.
I have remove the Nvidia Driver 390 using recovery menu .
Now it's working fine.
Thanks for you response

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 9:55 AM Daniel van Vugt <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Please try the workarounds mentioned at the top of bug 1705369.
>
> ** Package changed: ubuntu => nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1785363
>
> Title:
> Error in Booting
>
> Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> When i change my default graphics driver as Nvidia then it's not start
> .
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
> Package: xorg 1:7.7+19ubuntu7
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18
> Uname: Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: wl
> .tmp.unity_support_test.0:
>
> ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
> Architecture: amd64
> CompizPlugins: No value set for
> `/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
> CompositorRunning: None
> Date: Sat Aug 4 09:59:11 2018
> DistUpgraded: 2018-06-18 22:25:36,929 DEBUG icon theme changed,
> re-reading
> DistroCodename: bionic
> DistroVariant: ubuntu
> DkmsStatus:
> bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
> bcmwl, 6.30.223.271+bdcom, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
> virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-23-generic, x86_64: installed
> virtualbox, 5.2.10, 4.15.0-29-generic, x86_64: installed
> DpkgLog:
>
> ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes, if not too technical
> GraphicsCard:
> Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
> Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> Subsystem: Lenovo 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
> Graphics Controller [17aa:397d]
> NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [10de:1050] (rev a1)
> (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> Subsystem: Lenovo GF119M [GeForce GT 520M] [17aa:397d]
> MachineType: LENOVO HuronRiver Platform
> ProcEnviron:
> LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_IN
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-29-generic
> root=UUID=976f64eb-604f-4770-b36c-2efb3dae6ef1 ro quiet splash
> acpi_backlight=none vt.handoff=1
> SourcePackage: xorg
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-06-18 (46 days ago)
> dmi.bios.date: 10/21/2011
> dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.bios.version: 45CN38WW
> dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
> dmi.board.name: Emerald Lake
> dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.board.version: FAB1
> dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag
> dmi.chassis.type: 10
> dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
> dmi.chassis.version: 0.1
> dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr45CN38WW:bd10/21/2011:svnLENOVO:pnHuronRiverPlatform:pvrIdeapadZ570:rvnLENOVO:rnEmeraldLake:rvrFAB1:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvr0.1:
> dmi.product.family: HuronRiver System
> dmi.product.name: HuronRiver Platform
> dmi.product.version: Ideapad Z570
> ...

Read more...

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
Changed in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu):
status: Expired → New
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers