package nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Bug #1651027 reported by Jonathan Haack on 2016-12-19
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
nginx (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

G5 mac dual 2ghz 4gb ram ... nginx failed to install command line with apt

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-53.74-powerpc64-smp 4.4.30
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-53-powerpc64-smp ppc64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
Architecture: powerpc
Date: Sun Dec 18 20:56:47 2016
ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-12-18 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release powerpc (20160719)
JournalErrors: -- No entries --
Journalctl_Nginx.txt: -- No entries --
RelatedPackageVersions:
 dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1.1
 apt 1.2.15ubuntu0.2
SourcePackage: nginx
SystemctlStatusFull_Nginx.txt:
 ● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-12-18 20:56:47 MST; 50min ago

 Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.
Title: package nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Jonathan Haack (oemb1905) wrote :
ChristianEhrhardt (paelzer) wrote :

Hi,
thank you for your report and your help to make Ubuntu better.

Nginx is one of the packages which does not autocollect its own logs yet on a bug report.
Could you share the following right after the error (re-)occurred:

systemctl status nginx.service
journalctl -xe
cat /var/log/nginx/error.log

Changed in nginx (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete

Thank you for taking the time to report this crash and helping to make this software better. This particular crash has already been reported and is a duplicate of bug #1645093, so is being marked as such. Please look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug. Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in the other report. Please continue to report any other bugs you may find.

tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Download full text (3.5 KiB)

unsubscribe

Sincerely,

Coach Haack

DP Coordinator, Mandela International Magnet School
Board of Directors, First Serve NM
President, NMCTM
National Board Certified Teacher

www.jonathanhaack.com

"It is better to have tried and failed than to have succeeded at doing nothing."

Confidentiality Notice: This email, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient or recipients and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution, is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message.

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 11:57 AM, Apport retracing service <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1645093 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1645093
>
> Thank you for taking the time to report this crash and helping to make
> this software better. This particular crash has already been reported
> and is a duplicate of bug #1645093, so is being marked as such. Please
> look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information
> that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug.
> Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in
> the other report. Please continue to report any other bugs you may
> find.
>
> ** Tags removed: need-duplicate-check
>
> ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1645093
> package nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1651027
>
> Title:
> package nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 failed to install/upgrade:
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1
>
> Status in nginx package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> G5 mac dual 2ghz 4gb ram ... nginx failed to install command line with
> apt
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
> Package: nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.4
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-53.74-powerpc64-smp 4.4.30
> Uname: Linux 4.4.0-53-powerpc64-smp ppc64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
> Architecture: powerpc
> Date: Sun Dec 18 20:56:47 2016
> ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-12-18 (0 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release powerpc (20160719)
> JournalErrors: -- No entries --
> Journalctl_Nginx.txt: -- No entries --
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1.1
> apt 1.2.15ubuntu0.2
> SourcePackage: nginx
> SystemctlStatusFull_Nginx.txt:
> ● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
> Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
> Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-12-18 20:56:47 MST; 50min ago
>
> Warning: Journal has been rotated s...

Read more...

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers