PHS101 USB GSM HSDPA can't connect on ubuntu 11.10

Bug #874987 reported by M Khayron on 2011-10-15
50
This bug affects 9 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
network-manager (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I'm using ubuntu 11.10 in my netbook axioo pico pjm. i'm can't connect the PHS101 USB modem after fresh install oneiric today. but this is no problem in natty and previous version.

this is log of syslog:

Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) starting connection 'Telkomsel'
Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> GSM connection failed: (32) Sending command failed: 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: prepare -> failed (reason 'unknown') [40 120 1]
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> Activation (ttyUSB1) failed.
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none') [120 30 0]
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): deactivating device (reason 'none') [0]
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_routes: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_addresses: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Auto-activating connection 'Telkomsel'.
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) starting connection 'Telkomsel'
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> GSM connection failed: (32) Sending command failed: 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: prepare -> failed (reason 'unknown') [40 120 1]
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> Activation (ttyUSB1) failed.
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none') [120 30 0]
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): deactivating device (reason 'none') [0]
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_routes: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:05:06 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_addresses: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Auto-activating connection 'Telkomsel'.
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) starting connection 'Telkomsel'
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
Oct 15 19:05:10 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> GSM connection failed: (32) Sending command failed: 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: prepare -> failed (reason 'unknown') [40 120 1]
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> Activation (ttyUSB1) failed.
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none') [120 30 0]
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): deactivating device (reason 'none') [0]
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_routes: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:05:26 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_addresses: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Auto-activating connection 'Telkomsel'.
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) starting connection 'Telkomsel'
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
Oct 15 19:05:29 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> GSM connection failed: (32) Sending command failed: 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: prepare -> failed (reason 'unknown') [40 120 1]
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Marking connection 'Telkomsel' invalid.
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> Activation (ttyUSB1) failed.
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none') [120 30 0]
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): deactivating device (reason 'none') [0]
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_routes: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
Oct 15 19:05:37 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_addresses: assertion `ifindex > 0' failed

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in network-manager (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
James Hunt (jamesodhunt) wrote :

I have a Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem which fails with the same assertion errors as above. I wonder if this is related to bug 840082?

Thomas Hood (jdthood) wrote :

The PHS101 USB modem isn't listed as known to work upstream.

    https://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/MobileBroadband/

Please file a request in the upstream bug tracking system asking for your modem to be supported.

    https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=NetworkManager

To save work we don't track such requests in Launchpad too, so marking Invalid.

Changed in network-manager (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Invalid
Download full text (7.2 KiB)

Thank you for the info.
I currently do not use ubuntu or any other linux distro anymore. I am
using Windows 7 and PHS101 modem works smoothly.
Thanks.

On 7/22/12, Thomas Hood <email address hidden> wrote:
> The PHS101 USB modem isn't listed as known to work upstream.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/MobileBroadband/
>
> Please file a request in the upstream bug tracking system asking for
> your modem to be supported.
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=NetworkManager
>
> To save work we don't track such requests in Launchpad too, so marking
> Invalid.
>
> ** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)
> Status: Confirmed => Invalid
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/874987
>
> Title:
> PHS101 USB GSM HSDPA can't connect on ubuntu 11.10
>
> Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
> Invalid
>
> Bug description:
> I'm using ubuntu 11.10 in my netbook axioo pico pjm. i'm can't connect
> the PHS101 USB modem after fresh install oneiric today. but this is no
> problem in natty and previous version.
>
> this is log of syslog:
>
> Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> starting connection 'Telkomsel'
> Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state
> change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
> Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
> Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
> Oct 15 19:04:45 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> GSM connection failed:
> (32) Sending command failed: 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state
> change: prepare -> failed (reason 'unknown') [40 120 1]
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <warn> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> failed.
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state
> change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none') [120 30 0]
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): deactivating
> device (reason 'none') [0]
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_routes:
> assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
> Oct 15 19:04:56 coys NetworkManager[746]: nm_system_iface_flush_addresses:
> assertion `ifindex > 0' failed
> Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Auto-activating
> connection 'Telkomsel'.
> Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> starting connection 'Telkomsel'
> Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> (ttyUSB1): device state
> change: disconnected -> prepare (reason 'none') [30 40 0]
> Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
> Oct 15 19:04:59 coys NetworkManager[746]: <info> Activation (ttyUSB1)
> Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
> Oct 15 19:0...

Read more...

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers