mythmusic does not play

Bug #145475 reported by janl on 2007-09-27
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
mythmusic (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: mythmusic

Hi,

I enjoy mythtv enormously.

But I can't get mythmusic to work. It scans my collection and adds it to the database. (incidentaly mythweb shows that all tracks are 0:00 long). The interface starts up and I choose a song, which does not play. the time display does not change from 0:00 and the visualization does not "go". I can press > for next and so on. Once I press "p" for pause the whole thing freezes hard and I have to kill mythfrontend entirely.

Regards,
  Nicolai

Nick Fox (nickj-fox) wrote :

Where is your collection stored?

janl (janl) wrote :

/var/miscmedia/mp3/ which is a different disk from the mythtv /var/lib disk.

/dev/hda3 61547024 51558288 9988736 84% /var
/dev/hdb1 244076732 80403592 163673140 33% /var/lib

Nicolai

Hello Nicolai,

janl wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> Binary package hint: mythmusic
>
  Once I press "p" for pause
> the whole thing freezes hard and I have to kill mythfrontend entirely.
>

can you get us some logs? Start mythfrontend with - allnodatabase. This
will give a lot of output, but maybe you can find something when you
enter MythMusic or during playback. Also, verify that your audio device
in *mythmusic* settings is set to a sane value - at least the german
translation is somewhat broken. There's a "default" entry in the audio
device drop-down box which was translated to "Standard". Subsequently,
this breaks MythMusic :)

janl (janl) wrote :

Michael Haas wrote:
> can you get us some logs? Start mythfrontend with - allnodatabase. This
> will give a lot of output, but maybe you can find something when you
> enter MythMusic or during playback. Also, verify that your audio device
> in *mythmusic* settings is set to a sane value - at least the german
> translation is somewhat broken. There's a "default" entry in the audio
> device drop-down box which was translated to "Standard". Subsequently,
> this breaks MythMusic :)

"standard" is indeed the chosen output device (as it is in xmms...).
Software using the ALSA API seems to be using very odd device names
suche as "HDA Intel: ...". It appears I can choose from /dev/dsp...
Which makes it work. But /dev/dsp is a OSS thing?

Nicolai

Daniel T Chen (crimsun) wrote :

Is this symptom still reproducible in 8.10 RC or later?

Changed in mythmusic:
status: New → Incomplete
janl (janl) wrote :

Sorry, won't update to 8.10 until it's released.

Nicolai

laga (laga) wrote :

Nicolai,

are you running MythTV 0.20 or 0.21?

janl (janl) wrote :

Hi,

Some versions:

ii mythmusic 0.21.0-0ubuntu2~gutsy1
ii mythtv-backend 0.21.0-0ubuntu2~gutsy1
ii mythtv-backend-master 0.21.0-0ubuntu2~gutsy1
ii mythtv-frontend 0.21.0-0ubuntu2~gutsy1

It's been dist-upgraded a couple of times, now running 7.10 mythbuntu-desktop. It's a dedicated myth box. I guess I'm pretty happy with 7.10 :-)

Nicolai

Duane Hinnen (duanedesign) wrote :

You reported this bug a while ago and there hasn't been any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue for you. Can you try with the latest Ubuntu release?
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha5
Thanks in advance.

duanedesign wrote:
> You reported this bug a while ago and there hasn't been any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue for you. Can you try with the latest Ubuntu release?
> http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha5
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've moved this summer and my myth will not be set up in a while. I
will surely upgrade it once it's back up but it _may_ not be until 10.4.

Nicolai

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for mythmusic (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in mythmusic (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers