package mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Bug #1726465 reported by Ting Chu on 2017-10-23
42
This bug affects 8 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Almost like #1579708 except that complaint is about /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf has been modified versus deleted.

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-97.120-generic 4.4.87
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.10
Architecture: amd64
Date: Mon Oct 23 11:38:28 2017
ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-09-09 (774 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
Logs.var.log.daemon.log:

Logs.var.log.mysql.error.log:
MySQLConf.etc.mysql.conf.d.mysql.cnf: [mysql]
MySQLConf.etc.mysql.conf.d.mysqldump.cnf:
 [mysqldump]
 quick
 quote-names
 max_allowed_packet = 16M
MySQLConf.etc.mysql.mysql.conf.d.mysqld_safe_syslog.cnf:
 [mysqld_safe]
 syslog
MySQLVarLibDirListing: ['ib_logfile1', 'ib_logfile0', 'ib_buffer_pool', 'ibdata1', 'civiadmin', 'drupal', 'performance_schema', 'auto.cnf', 'debian-5.7.flag', 'mysql', 'sys', 'druadmin', 'testDb', 'phpmyadmin']
ProcCmdline: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-97-generic root=UUID=ec90ed6b-4fac-4f43-be6b-4122e10ebd59 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
RelatedPackageVersions:
 dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1.2
 apt 1.2.24
SourcePackage: mysql-5.7
Title: package mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-05-05 (535 days ago)
modified.conffile..etc.mysql.mysql.cnf: [modified]
mtime.conffile..etc.mysql.mysql.cnf: 2017-10-21T23:24:53.368846

Ting Chu (tingunb) wrote :
tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Dag Bjerkeli (dag-e) wrote :

Complains about changes in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
Upgrading from 17.04 to 17.10 gave this error. Error also present in during the upgrade process.

Robie Basak (racb) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.

Since there isn't enough information in your report to differentiate between a local configuration problem and a bug in Ubuntu, I'm marking this bug as Incomplete.

If indeed this is a local configuration problem, you can find pointers to get help for this sort of problem here: http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community

Or if you believe that this is really a bug, then you may find it helpful to read "How to report bugs effectively" http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. We'd be grateful if you would then provide a more complete description of the problem, explain why you believe this is a bug in Ubuntu rather than a problem specific to your system, and then change the bug status back to New.

Changed in mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Download full text (3.5 KiB)

Robie, thank you for your help. As the error was triggered without my
explicitly invoking any mysql-server-5.7 commands, and the error has not
repeated since, my reasonable action is to let it pass unless the error
pops up again. Ting

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Robie Basak <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
> Ubuntu better.
>
> Since there isn't enough information in your report to differentiate
> between a local configuration problem and a bug in Ubuntu, I'm marking
> this bug as Incomplete.
>
> If indeed this is a local configuration problem, you can find pointers
> to get help for this sort of problem here:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community
>
> Or if you believe that this is really a bug, then you may find it
> helpful to read "How to report bugs effectively"
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. We'd be grateful
> if you would then provide a more complete description of the problem,
> explain why you believe this is a bug in Ubuntu rather than a problem
> specific to your system, and then change the bug status back to New.
>
> ** Changed in: mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu)
> Status: Confirmed => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1726465
>
> Title:
> package mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 failed to
> install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script
> returned error exit status 1
>
> Status in mysql-5.7 package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Almost like #1579708 except that complaint is about
> /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf has been modified versus deleted.
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
> Package: mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-97.120-generic 4.4.87
> Uname: Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.10
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Mon Oct 23 11:38:28 2017
> ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned
> error exit status 1
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-09-09 (774 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
> Logs.var.log.daemon.log:
>
> Logs.var.log.mysql.error.log:
> MySQLConf.etc.mysql.conf.d.mysql.cnf: [mysql]
> MySQLConf.etc.mysql.conf.d.mysqldump.cnf:
> [mysqldump]
> quick
> quote-names
> max_allowed_packet = 16M
> MySQLConf.etc.mysql.mysql.conf.d.mysqld_safe_syslog.cnf:
> [mysqld_safe]
> syslog
> MySQLVarLibDirListing: ['ib_logfile1', 'ib_logfile0', 'ib_buffer_pool',
> 'ibdata1', 'civiadmin', 'drupal', 'performance_schema', 'auto.cnf',
> 'debian-5.7.flag', 'mysql', 'sys', 'druadmin', 'testDb', 'phpmyadmin']
> ProcCmdline: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-97-generic
> root=UUID=ec90ed6b-4fac-4f43-be6b-4122e10ebd59 ro quiet splash
> vt.handoff=7
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1.2
> apt 1.2.24
> SourcePackage: mysql-5.7
> Title: package mysql-server-5.7 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 failed to
> install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation scri...

Read more...

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in mysql-5.7 (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers