[i965] [SNB] Screen flickering continuous horizontal bars repainting

Bug #1789114 reported by Mathew Manuel on 2018-08-26
12
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
High
Unassigned
mutter (Ubuntu)
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502
This is inreference to the above bug

Performed https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: gnome-shell 3.28.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-30.32-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-30-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Aug 26 10:07:02 2018
DisplayManager: gdm3
GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-07-28 (28 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180725)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Mathew Manuel (mathewmanueljm) wrote :
Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

Please send us:

1. A photo or video of the problem

2. Output from running 'lspci -k' on the machine.

3. Run 'dpkg -l > all.txt' and send us the file: all.txt

Changed in gnome-shell (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete

Hello Daniel

Please find the issue photo and the all.txt

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 7:15 PM Daniel van Vugt <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Please send us:
>
> 1. A photo or video of the problem
>
> 2. Output from running 'lspci -k' on the machine.
>
> 3. Run 'dpkg -l > all.txt' and send us the file: all.txt
>
> ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1789114
>
> Title:
> SCreen flickering continuous horizontal bars repainting
>
> Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502
> This is inreference to the above bug
>
> Performed https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
> Package: gnome-shell 3.28.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-30.32-generic 4.15.18
> Uname: Linux 4.15.0-30-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: wl
> ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
> Architecture: amd64
> CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
> Date: Sun Aug 26 10:07:02 2018
> DisplayManager: gdm3
> GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module'
> b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-07-28 (28 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
> (20180725)
> ProcEnviron:
> TERM=xterm-256color
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: gnome-shell
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1789114/+subscriptions
>

--
M a t h e w M a n u e l J M ,
 (001)-916 220 2178

"The Mighty SUN is often ECLIPSED but the TINY
 STAR alwayz SHINES"
--------------------------------------------------------
"When you are thrown a stone at, convert it to
 MILESTONES"
--------------------------------------------------------
"Small Things make PERFECTION but PERFECTION
 is not a small thing"
--------------------------------------------------------
"What we have learnt is just like a HANDFUL of
 sand and what we have to learn is like the mighty EARTH"
---------------------------------------------------------
"Remember you are born to live and
 not living because you are born.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Please also remember to run 'lspci -k' and send us the output.

  • out2.txt Edit (3.5 KiB, text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"; name="out2.txt")

Hello Daniel

Sorry I missed it as it is very difficult to look when the screen is
flickering.

Please find the details attached.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 7:10 PM Daniel van Vugt <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Please also remember to run 'lspci -k' and send us the output.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1789114
>
> Title:
> SCreen flickering continuous horizontal bars repainting
>
> Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502
> This is inreference to the above bug
>
> Performed https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1786502
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
> Package: gnome-shell 3.28.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-30.32-generic 4.15.18
> Uname: Linux 4.15.0-30-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: wl
> ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
> Architecture: amd64
> CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
> Date: Sun Aug 26 10:07:02 2018
> DisplayManager: gdm3
> GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module'
> b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-07-28 (28 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
> (20180725)
> ProcEnviron:
> TERM=xterm-256color
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: gnome-shell
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1789114/+subscriptions
>

--
M a t h e w M a n u e l J M ,
 (001)-916 220 2178

"The Mighty SUN is often ECLIPSED but the TINY
 STAR alwayz SHINES"
--------------------------------------------------------
"When you are thrown a stone at, convert it to
 MILESTONES"
--------------------------------------------------------
"Small Things make PERFECTION but PERFECTION
 is not a small thing"
--------------------------------------------------------
"What we have learnt is just like a HANDFUL of
 sand and what we have to learn is like the mighty EARTH"
---------------------------------------------------------
"Remember you are born to live and
 not living because you are born.
---------------------------------------------------------

summary: - SCreen flickering continuous horizontal bars repainting
+ [i965] [SNB] Screen flickering continuous horizontal bars repainting
Changed in gnome-shell (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → New
importance: Undecided → High
Changed in mutter (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → High
Mathew Manuel (mathewmanueljm) wrote :

Any update on this bug?

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers