Ubuntu

Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not possible

Reported by Erick Brunzell on 2012-04-21
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
ubiquity (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I don't think this is a ubiquity bug because I don't see it in Ubuntu, but testing Lubuntu i386 20120421 the ability to resize a partition shows you can increase the size but a broken icon indicates that you can't decrease the size. But if you click on the broken icon you can still decrease the size of the partition so it's purely an artwork thing. Could this be due to recent python changes?

I'm including a screenshot.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: lubuntu-artwork 0.27
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic 3.2.14
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5
Architecture: i386
CasperVersion: 1.315
Date: Sat Apr 21 10:45:33 2012
LiveMediaBuild: Lubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120421)
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: lubuntu-artwork
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Erick Brunzell (lbsolost) wrote :
Phill Whiteside (phillw) wrote :

The installer & recent python upgrades are distro wide. The installer does not use any lubuntu artwork. I'm going to flag it to ubiquity as it is an installer issue.

Changed in lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu):
status: New → Invalid
status: Invalid → Incomplete
Ubuntu QA Website (ubuntuqa) wrote :

This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/986607

tags: added: iso-testing
Julien Lavergne (gilir) wrote :

Definitly artwork related, change the theme icon to GNOME, you will see it

Changed in lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
Rafael Laguna (rafaellaguna) wrote :

Just trying to figure out what bitmap / SVG resource is using this GtkSpinButton control (maybe list-remove and list-add icons?)

Erick Brunzell (lbsolost) wrote :

Since the function itself is not effected we could just reflect this in the release notes if necessary.

SteVe Cook (yorvyk) wrote :

Just noticed the same thing in mplayer. See attached screenshot.

Greg Faith (gregfaith) wrote :

I was reviewing Bugs and this one is common to the Lubuntu Desktop amd64 also.
Just never really noticed as I always just type in the size change I want.

summary: - Broken icon indicates reducing the size of a partition is not possible
+ Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not
+ possible
Erick Brunzell (lbsolost) wrote :

I hope I improved the description. Things still work, it's just a broken icon. Not sure what our plans are for the release notes.

You did fine I am just nearly blind. I have seen that on every one of my
manual installs. Let me know if I can help with the i386 spins.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Erick Brunzell <email address hidden> wrote:

> I hope I improved the description. Things still work, it's just a broken
> icon. Not sure what our plans are for the release notes.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/986607
>
> Title:
> Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not
> possible
>
> Status in Ubiquity:
> New
> Status in “lubuntu-artwork” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> I don't think this is a ubiquity bug because I don't see it in Ubuntu,
> but testing Lubuntu i386 20120421 the ability to resize a partition
> shows you can increase the size but a broken icon indicates that you
> can't decrease the size. But if you click on the broken icon you can
> still decrease the size of the partition so it's purely an artwork
> thing. Could this be due to recent python changes?
>
> I'm including a screenshot.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: lubuntu-artwork 0.27
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic 3.2.14
> Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic i686
> ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5
> Architecture: i386
> CasperVersion: 1.315
> Date: Sat Apr 21 10:45:33 2012
> LiveMediaBuild: Lubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120421)
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcEnviron:
> TERM=xterm
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: lubuntu-artwork
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubiquity/+bug/986607/+subscriptions
>

Erick Brunzell (lbsolost) wrote :
Download full text (3.5 KiB)

Will do, and many thanks.

Lance

--- On Mon, 4/23/12, Greg Faith <email address hidden> wrote:

From: Greg Faith <email address hidden>
Subject: Re: [Bug 986607] Re: Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not possible
To: <email address hidden>
Date: Monday, April 23, 2012, 10:21 PM

You did fine I am just nearly blind.  I have seen that on every one of my
manual installs. Let me know if I can help with the i386 spins.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Erick Brunzell <email address hidden>
wrote:

> I hope I improved the description. Things still work, it's just a broken
> icon. Not sure what our plans are for the release notes.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/986607
>
> Title:
>  Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not
>  possible
>
> Status in Ubiquity:
>  New
> Status in “lubuntu-artwork” package in Ubuntu:
>  Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
>  I don't think this is a ubiquity bug because I don't see it in Ubuntu,
>  but testing Lubuntu i386 20120421 the ability to resize a partition
>  shows you can increase the size but a broken icon indicates that you
>  can't decrease the size. But if you click on the broken icon you can
>  still decrease the size of the partition so it's purely an artwork
>  thing. Could this be due to recent python changes?
>
>  I'm including a screenshot.
>
>  ProblemType: Bug
>  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
>  Package: lubuntu-artwork 0.27
>  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic 3.2.14
>  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic i686
>  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5
>  Architecture: i386
>  CasperVersion: 1.315
>  Date: Sat Apr 21 10:45:33 2012
>  LiveMediaBuild: Lubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120421)
>  PackageArchitecture: all
>  ProcEnviron:
>   TERM=xterm
>   PATH=(custom, no user)
>   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>   SHELL=/bin/bash
>  SourcePackage: lubuntu-artwork
>  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubiquity/+bug/986607/+subscriptions
>

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/986607

Title:
  Broken icon falsely indicates reducing the size of a partition is not
  possible

Status in Ubiquity:
  New
Status in “lubuntu-artwork” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I don't think this is a ubiquity bug because I don't see it in Ubuntu,
  but testing Lubuntu i386 20120421 the ability to resize a partition
  shows you can increase the size but a broken icon indicates that you
  can't decrease the size. But if you click on the broken icon you can
  still decrease the size of the partition so it's purely an artwork
  thing. Could this be due to recent python changes?

  I'm including a screenshot.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: lubuntu-artwork 0.27
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: i386
  CasperVersion: 1.315
  Date: Sat Apr ...

Read more...

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Colin Watson (cjwatson) on 2012-10-16
affects: ubiquity → ubiquity (Ubuntu)
Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Erick Brunzell (lbsolost) wrote :

Based on my most recent testing of Lubuntu i386 Quantal images I think this is fixed, probably somewhat unintentionally when Dmitrijs Ledkovs introduced other changes to ubiquity.

And since we'll not respin any Lubuntu images prior to Quantal this could be closed unless it effects other flavors/architectures.

Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox) wrote :

As this is a theming issue, and ubiquity "adapts" itself to the theme in use I am closing the ubiquity task. Once the corrected / updated theme package is available with those gtk icons it will be included in cds produced thereafter.

Maybe you want your theme to fall-back to some other theme which has those images?

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: New → Invalid
Julien Lavergne (gilir) wrote :

This bug should be fixed now, at least in 12.10.

Changed in lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers