Ubuntu

REGRESSION: eGalaxis Touchscreen Driver does not work

Reported by teh603 on 2012-01-07
66
This bug affects 10 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
linux (Ubuntu)
Medium
Tim Gardner
Precise
Medium
Tim Gardner

Bug Description

This is a regression. The eGalaxis touchscreen driver as downloaded from the official website simply doesn't work on my Dell Inspiron Duo. It does in 11.10, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I have attached a copy of the current (as of this writing) version of the driver, which includes a documentation PDF in its tarball.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: linux-image-3.2.0-8-generic 3.2.0-8.14
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-8.14-generic 3.2.0
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-8-generic x86_64
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
AplayDevices:
 **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
 card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
ApportVersion: 1.90-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
ArecordDevices:
 **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
 card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
AudioDevicesInUse:
 USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
 /dev/snd/controlC0: hgrahamcull 1434 F.... pulseaudio
Card0.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0x98200000 irq 46'
   Mixer name : 'Conexant CX20585'
   Components : 'HDA:14f15069,1028048b,00100302'
   Controls : 13
   Simple ctrls : 8
Date: Sat Jan 7 10:17:24 2012
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64 (20120106)
MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron 1090
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-8-generic root=UUID=13299629-af06-4ae3-b43c-a06ca72b74ef ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
RelatedPackageVersions:
 linux-restricted-modules-3.2.0-8-generic N/A
 linux-backports-modules-3.2.0-8-generic N/A
 linux-firmware 1.67
SourcePackage: linux
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
dmi.bios.date: 08/23/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.bios.version: A06
dmi.board.name: Inspiron 1090
dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.board.version: A06
dmi.chassis.type: 8
dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: A06
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA06:bd08/23/2011:svnDellInc.:pnInspiron1090:pvrA06:rvnDellInc.:rnInspiron1090:rvrA06:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvrA06:
dmi.product.name: Inspiron 1090
dmi.product.version: A06
dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :
Brad Figg (brad-figg) on 2012-01-07
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
teh603 (darth-giles) on 2012-01-07
tags: added: egalax egalaxis touchscreen
Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury) wrote :

Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? It will allow additional upstream developers to examine the issue. Refer to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . If possible, please test the latest v3.2-rcN kernel (Not a kernel in the daily directory). Once you've tested the upstream kernel, please remove the 'needs-upstream-testing' tag(Only that one tag, please leave the other tags). This can be done by clicking on the yellow pencil icon next to the tag located at the bottom of the bug description and deleting the 'needs-upstream-testing' text.

If this bug is fixed by the mainline kernel, please add the following tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream-KERNEL-VERSION'. For example, if kernel version 3.2-rc1 fixed and issue, the tag would be: 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc1'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag: 'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

If you are unable to test the mainline kernel, for example it will not boot, please add the tag: 'kernel-unable-to-test-upstream'. If you believe this bug does not require upstream testing, please add the tag: 'kernel-upstream-testing-not-needed'.

Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as "Confirmed".

Thanks in advance.

tags: added: needs-upstream-testing regression-release
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Just a note, from looking at the documentation most of its requirements are services enabled when the kernel is compiled. Which is several steps above my level of expertise. Is it possible these kernels are being built in a way that prevents them from providing the services needed, which are specified in the documentation in the driver tarball I attached?

tags: added: kernel-bug-exists-upstream
removed: needs-upstream-testing
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed

Thank you for taking the time to file a bug report on this issue.

However, given the number of bugs that the Kernel Team receives during any development cycle it is impossible for us to review them all. Therefore, we occasionally resort to using automated bots to request further testing. This is such a request.

We have noted that there is a newer version of the development kernel than the one you last tested when this issue was found. Please test again with the newer kernel and indicate in the bug if this issue still exists or not.

You can update to the latest development kernel by simply running the following commands in a terminal window:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

If the bug still exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Confirmed. If the bug no longer exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Fix Released.

If you want this bot to quit automatically requesting kernel tests, add a tag named: bot-stop-nagging.

 Thank you for your help, we really do appreciate it.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
tags: added: kernel-request-3.2.0-8.15
teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

I couldn't test that particular kernel release because of massage system breakage caused by today's run of releases. I already tried dist-upgrade, and it resulted in a dpkg crash, broken packages, and a lot of other nastiness including disabled networking. If you can let me know when the breakage is over, I'll see about testing it again.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed

Thank you for taking the time to file a bug report on this issue.

However, given the number of bugs that the Kernel Team receives during any development cycle it is impossible for us to review them all. Therefore, we occasionally resort to using automated bots to request further testing. This is such a request.

We have noted that there is a newer version of the development kernel than the one you last tested when this issue was found. Please test again with the newer kernel and indicate in the bug if this issue still exists or not.

You can update to the latest development kernel by simply running the following commands in a terminal window:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

If the bug still exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Confirmed. If the bug no longer exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Fix Released.

If you want this bot to quit automatically requesting kernel tests, add a tag named: bot-stop-nagging.

 Thank you for your help, we really do appreciate it.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
tags: added: kernel-request-3.2.0-9.16
teh603 (darth-giles) on 2012-01-16
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Yes, this bug still exists. Now would someone please help me out here? I'm getting tired of having the only responses here be from the bot.

Thank you for taking the time to file a bug report on this issue.

However, given the number of bugs that the Kernel Team receives during any development cycle it is impossible for us to review them all. Therefore, we occasionally resort to using automated bots to request further testing. This is such a request.

We have noted that there is a newer version of the development kernel than the one you last tested when this issue was found. Please test again with the newer kernel and indicate in the bug if this issue still exists or not.

You can update to the latest development kernel by simply running the following commands in a terminal window:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

If the bug still exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Confirmed. If the bug no longer exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Fix Released.

If you want this bot to quit automatically requesting kernel tests, add a tag named: bot-stop-nagging.

 Thank you for your help, we really do appreciate it.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
tags: added: kernel-request-3.2.0-10.17
teh603 (darth-giles) on 2012-01-22
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed

Thank you for taking the time to file a bug report on this issue.

However, given the number of bugs that the Kernel Team receives during any development cycle it is impossible for us to review them all. Therefore, we occasionally resort to using automated bots to request further testing. This is such a request.

We have noted that there is a newer version of the development kernel than the one you last tested when this issue was found. Please test again with the newer kernel and indicate in the bug if this issue still exists or not.

You can update to the latest development kernel by simply running the following commands in a terminal window:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

If the bug still exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Confirmed. If the bug no longer exists, change the bug status from Incomplete to Fix Released.

If you want this bot to quit automatically requesting kernel tests, add a tag named: bot-stop-nagging.

 Thank you for your help, we really do appreciate it.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
tags: added: kernel-request-3.2.0-10.18

I can confirm this with both the current standard precise kernel and the mainline build.

The Duo would be a nice Ubuntu Showcase, and the eGalax hardware seems to be relatively well supported under Linux. Sad to see that Precise currently fails to work with it.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
tags: added: bot-stop-nagging
removed: kernel-request-3.2.0-10.17 kernel-request-3.2.0-10.18 kernel-request-3.2.0-8.15 kernel-request-3.2.0-9.16
Brad Figg (brad-figg) on 2012-02-16
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium
teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Just something to think about, touchscreen input is supposedly handled in "modern" kernels using the module hid-multitouch. Said module supposedly supports the eGalaxis touchscreen, but it just doesn't work. Has anyone tried looking at the documentation for hid-multitouch to see just where its messing up, and maybe creating a package to resolve these issues?

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Editing the local.rc as described here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=133851 provides a workaround, although its a real shame that there's no way to automate this.

Herton R. Krzesinski (herton) wrote :

teh603, can you try the kernel I uploaded at http://people.canonical.com/~herton/lp913164/

It adds the device id for your device, based on lsusb you posted, to hid-multitouch. Your device was supposed to be handled already, but the patch which was submitted stalled in the process. In case the kernel works, I'll submit the patch upstream, and when in ask for inclusion in the Ubuntu kernel (Precise+).

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Herton R. Krzesinski (herton)
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Does it also include the ACPI fix in this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/908560 ? If not, there's not much point because the power manager is still totally messed up and makes basic power management useless.

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

I seem to have the same issue as this bug. My touchscreen works on 11.10 but not on 12.04

My hardware is Quanta touchscreen, please let me know you need to sort this issue.

ashindeed (meetaswin) on 2012-03-28
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Opinion
status: Opinion → Incomplete
David Chen (david.chen) wrote :

I have the same problem. Quanta touchscreen, device ID: 0408:3008. Worked fine in 11.10, single touch only, but nothing works after installing 12.04.

tags: added: blocks-hwcert
Anthony Wong (anthonywong) wrote :

@david.chen

Could you try the following commands?

# modprobe hid-multitouch
# echo <usb_bus> 0408 3008 259 > /sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id

David Chen (david.chen) wrote :

@Anthony, no change.

You have to either run it as root (which is very hard in Ubuntu) or add it to your rc.local and reboot.

________________________________
 From: David Chen

@Anthony, no change.

David Chen (david.chen) wrote :

Yes, running as root is what I did. No change means the touchscreen still doesn't work after I ran the command.

Thanks for your help.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :
Download full text (3.6 KiB)

david.chen and Anothy

I think you should try the steps below:

# modprobe hid-multitouch
# echo "BUS 0408 3008 104" >
/sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id

And you should replace BUS with the actual bus number of your device,
if you are not sure what is, please post out the output of 'lsusb -vv'.

If the above still doesn't work, please post output of 'dmesg' here, then
I can see if the command has been run successfully.

Thanks
--
Ming Lei

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM, David Chen <email address hidden> wrote:
> Yes, running as root is what I did.  No change means the touchscreen
> still doesn't work after I ran the command.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/913164
>
> Title:
>  REGRESSION: eGalaxis Touchscreen Driver does not work
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
>  Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
>  This is a regression. The eGalaxis touchscreen driver as downloaded
>  from the official website simply doesn't work on my Dell Inspiron Duo.
>  It does in 11.10, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I have
>  attached a copy of the current (as of this writing) version of the
>  driver, which includes a documentation PDF in its tarball.
>
>  ProblemType: Bug
>  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
>  Package: linux-image-3.2.0-8-generic 3.2.0-8.14
>  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-8.14-generic 3.2.0
>  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-8-generic x86_64
>  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
>  AplayDevices:
>   **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
>   card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
>     Subdevices: 1/1
>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>  ApportVersion: 1.90-0ubuntu1
>  Architecture: amd64
>  ArecordDevices:
>   **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
>   card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
>     Subdevices: 1/1
>     Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>  AudioDevicesInUse:
>   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
>   /dev/snd/controlC0:  hgrahamcull   1434 F.... pulseaudio
>  Card0.Amixer.info:
>   Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0x98200000 irq 46'
>     Mixer name : 'Conexant CX20585'
>     Components : 'HDA:14f15069,1028048b,00100302'
>     Controls      : 13
>     Simple ctrls  : 8
>  Date: Sat Jan  7 10:17:24 2012
>  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
>  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64 (20120106)
>  MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron 1090
>  ProcEnviron:
>   LANGUAGE=
>   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>   SHELL=/bin/bash
>  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-8-generic root=UUID=13299629-af06-4ae3-b43c-a06ca72b74ef ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
>  RelatedPackageVersions:
>   linux-restricted-modules-3.2.0-8-generic N/A
>   linux-backports-modules-3.2.0-8-generic  N/A
>   linux-firmware                           1.67
>  SourcePackage: linux
>  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>  dmi.bios.date: 08/23/2011
>  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
>  dmi.bios.version: A06
>  dmi.board.name: Inspiron 1090
>  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
>  dmi.board.version: A06...

Read more...

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

@Ming Lei

I have the same problem, tried the steps. It still does not work.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

I have discussed with David privately, and has confirmed that his problem
is different with that of eGalaxis.

For eGalaxis devices, its MT_CLS_EGALAX info is not added into current
-precise driver, so it work badly.

For Quanta touchscreen device, the problem is that its driver has changed
recently much, I will backport some patches from upstream kernel into
precise to fix the issue.

If your device is Quanta touchscreen 3008, your issue looks same
with David. If not, maybe you need to post the "lsusb -vv" and 'dmesg'
so that guys can find what is wrong with your device.

Thanks,

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

@Ming Lei

Thanks for explanation.

Mine is indeed Quanta touchscreen device with ID same as david's.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

@ashindeed,

Sorry for missing your 'dmesg'.

I found your device is same with David, and it is Quanta touchscreen 3008.

So could you test the images in the link below to see if they can fix your
problem?

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ming/bugs/Quanta-hid/

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:07 AM, ashindeed <email address hidden> wrote:
> @Ming Lei
>
> I have the same problem, tried the steps. It still does not work.
>
> ** Attachment added: "dmesg.txt"
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/913164/+attachment/3049451/+files/dmesg.txt

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

Wow...It works! but only single click though!

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

What i meant is, multi-touch does not work even though the screen is capable of reconizing two touch points.

In oneiric, it used to register two finger touch as right click, which was useful (Even though its not true multitouch). I dont see that now.

After playing with it for a while, everything freezes after a while. Specifically, if i have a semi-maximized window and when i tried to grab it on the title bar, it sort of jumps down on the screen (about half way down). After that point screen freezes and I have to reboot by swiching to terminal (Ctrl+alt+F1)

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Quote: For eGalaxis devices, its MT_CLS_EGALAX info is not added into current
-precise driver, so it work badly.

@Ling Mei- Is there any way we can get the correct info added or backported into the driver before release? I'd love to get my touchscreen working properly the first time around without a ton of hacks and workarounds.

Shame nobody can get the Inspiron Duo's power adapters working properly. Since upstream think that its Dell's problem (and FYI, the power adapters work perfectly in Win7 which tells me that MS sure thinks its worth patching) I kinda doubt that anything is ever going to get done.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM, ashindeed <email address hidden> wrote:
> What i meant is, multi-touch does not work even though the screen is
> capable of reconizing two touch points.
>
> In oneiric, it used to register two finger touch as right click, which
> was useful (Even though its not true multitouch). I dont see that now.
>
> After playing with it for a while, everything freezes after a while.
> Specifically, if i have a semi-maximized window and when i tried to grab
> it on the title bar, it sort of jumps down on the screen (about half way
> down). After that point screen freezes and I have to reboot by swiching
> to terminal (Ctrl+alt+F1)
>

ashindeed, could you try 3.4-rc2 in below link first to see if there are all the
problems you listed above?

         http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.4-rc2-precise/

If there are still the problems, please post the 'dmesg' here.

Thanks
--
Ming Lei

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM, teh603 <email address hidden> wrote:
> Quote: For eGalaxis devices, its MT_CLS_EGALAX info is not added into current
> -precise driver, so it work badly.
>
> @Ling Mei- Is there any way we can get the correct info added or
> backported into the driver before release? I'd love to get my
> touchscreen working properly the first time around without a ton of
> hacks and workarounds.

Herton has built one kernel image for your test. If it is OK for you, I think
Herton will push the patch into -precise and other release.

> Shame nobody can get the Inspiron Duo's power adapters working properly.
> Since upstream think that its Dell's problem (and FYI, the power
> adapters work perfectly in Win7 which tells me that MS sure thinks its
> worth patching) I kinda doubt that anything is ever going to get done.

Maybe you should try

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

I've had trouble with various kernel builds breaking other things that I don't know how to fix.

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

@ Ming Lei

See dmesg attached :)

I just tried 3.4.0-030400rc2-generic from that link, still have the same issue. single touch works (as a single mouse click) for a while, then it freezes X. Have to reboot by switching to console.

drumour (drumour) wrote :

I too have a non working Quanta touchscreen 3008. First reported this as Bug #981098 which has now been marked as a duplicateof this bug. Mine touchscreen is on a Dell Inspiron 2310. Is there any point me replicating Ashindeed's running of v3.4-rc2?

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

@ashindeed

Could you try to enable "Two-finger scrolling" in

     System Setting->Mouse and Touchpad->Touchpad->Two-finger scrolling

to see if double click can work?

Looks single/double click function is nothing to do with low level usb
hid driver.

Also for X freeze, not sure if it is a X bug or hid bug.

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

@Ming Lei

I dont see that option, I guess that's because I am on desktop. I also tried 3.4.0-030400rc3 with the same result.

So right now, I am on Oneiric kernel which does work with no issues.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:38 AM, ashindeed <email address hidden> wrote:
> @Ming Lei
>
> I dont see that option, I guess that's because I am on desktop. I also
> tried 3.4.0-030400rc3 with the same result.
>
> So right now, I am on Oneiric kernel which does work with no issues.

I have no further idea on the problem from view of low level usbhid driver,
also no any error log found on upstream kernel.

If you can help on the problem further, could you capture the usbmon
traffic(see guide on [1]) on both Oneiric and 3.4.0-rc3?

[1], http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

I just ran cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/0u > /tmp/1.mon.out (because it was simpler, not sure whether its correct).

attached are the files

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

same command on precise

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM, ashindeed <email address hidden> wrote:
> I just ran cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/0u > /tmp/1.mon.out (because
> it was simpler, not sure whether its correct).

It is not easy to parse all traffic.

Suggest to only trace the usb bus in which the Quanta touchpad
is attached.

Also you need to post the output of 'lsusb -v'.

Thanks

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
assignee: Herton R. Krzesinski (herton) → nobody
Tim Gardner (timg-tpi) on 2012-04-23
Changed in linux (Ubuntu Precise):
assignee: nobody → Tim Gardner (timg-tpi)
status: Incomplete → Fix Committed
Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

Looks double click not wrorking is caused by X.org driver, :-(

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Benjamin Tissoires <email address hidden> wrote:
> You can understand my email as a regression report for the Quanta touchscreen
> device, since it works well on 3.0 kernel, but double click stops working
> on 3.4-rc2.

Well, depending on the point of view, it's a regression or a feature ;-)

in kernels pre-3.2 IIRC, this device used the embedded mouse interface
(so the double click "worked"). Now, it's using the generic
hid-multitouch driver, which means that it forwards raw multitouch
events to the upper layers.

The problem relies in the upper layers and not in the kernel: nobody
took the time to code a X.org driver that handles true multitouch
direct devices. You can eventually use the synaptics one, but you will
have to deal with absolute/relative coordinates, and the last time I
played with it, it was not convenient as I was not able to make GDM
use the absolute coordinate system (I kow I should have patched the
synaptics X.org driver).

see detailed discussion on

          http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg20458.html

Hello teh603, or anyone else affected,

Accepted linux into precise-proposed. The package will build now and be available in a few hours. Please test and give feedback here. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how to enable and use -proposed. Thank you in advance!

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Ok, I'm going to look into this if I can get any time at work. Should I test this with or without the driver package installed?

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

Edit: By "driver package," I mean the tarball from the eGalax website. Should I install its contents?

drumour (drumour) wrote :

I have both, a Dell Duo with Egalax touchscreen & a Dell 2310 with the Quanta touchscreen so I'd like to thank everyone for their work on these problems. I would also like to help to the best of my limited ability.

RE: Egalax,
I have enabled precise-proposed updates in Synaptic and updated my sources but dont see which packages exactly that I should be updating (5.30pm UK time) - I use linux header & image generic pae packages and there is nothing showing for them - should I be installing and looking for updates to the package simply entitled 'Linux'?

RE: Quanta,
I would be happy to do what I can to help get multi-touch working in precise but would be quite satisfied with stable single touch. Using linux-headers-3.4.0-030400rc3 and easystroke seems to achieve this

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

Hello Martin

Just finished upgrading to proposed, but touch screen still does not seem to work. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

teh603 (darth-giles) wrote :

I enabled Proposed on a clean (well, clean then updated) Lubuntu install, ran the updater. Touchscreen didn't work. Installed the driver from the latest tarball, still didn't work. Installed eGTouchD, still didn't work. Hacked my rc.local following the instructions far above, STILL nothing. Ran the updater again, no updates. I shut down and called it a day.

Surprisingly, there were no kernel updates in -proposed, and none that looked even remotely related to touchscreens.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:53 AM, ashindeed <email address hidden> wrote:
> Hello Martin
>
> Just finished upgrading to proposed, but touch screen still does not
> seem to work. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Ubuntu-3.2.0-24.37 should support quanta 3008 touch screen, but may not
support eGalaxis.

David Chen (david.chen) wrote :

Thanks for the support. I tested the kernel in -proposed, 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP, my Quanta touchscreen can do single touch now, same as the results from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ming/bugs/Quanta-hid/ and 3.4 kernel.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM, David Chen <email address hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for the support.  I tested the kernel in -proposed,
> 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP, my Quanta touchscreen can do single
> touch now, same as the results from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ming/bugs
> /Quanta-hid/ and 3.4 kernel.

Thanks for your test.

Also I have built Ubuntu-3.2.0-18.29 kernel with 3 eGalaxis paptches
and 2 quanta patches(merged to #37 already). The image and patch
can be found in the link below:

        http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ming/bugs/913164/

In theory, both eGalaxis and quanta touchscreen can be supported
with the image.

Anyone can give a test to verify if eGalaxis can be supported with the image?

Thanks,

drumour (drumour) wrote :

Ming Lei,

RE: Quanta
I can confirm same results with -proposed 3.2.0-24 as I got with 3.4.0-030400rc3. That is touch is recognised and is made usable with Easystroke.

RE: Ubuntu-3.2.0-18.29 kernel
I would like to test both systems as requested at post #49 however I notice that these debs are amd64 and I am currently using i386. Can I mix and match for touchscreen testing purposes or must I download and update to amd64 first?

Thanks again

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM, drumour <email address hidden> wrote:
> Ming Lei,
>
> RE: Quanta
> I can confirm same results with -proposed 3.2.0-24 as I got with 3.4.0-030400rc3. That is touch is recognised and is made usable with Easystroke.
>
> RE: Ubuntu-3.2.0-18.29 kernel
> I would like to test both systems as requested at post #49 however I notice that these debs are amd64 and I am currently using i386. Can I mix and match for touchscreen testing purposes or must I download and update to  amd64 first?

No, it is not needed, :-)

I just have uploaded the i386 images onto the same link, please go ahead to
verify it.

Thanks,
--
Ming Lei

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package linux - 3.2.0-24.37

---------------
linux (3.2.0-24.37) precise-proposed; urgency=low

  [ Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski ]

  * d-i: Add hid-logitech-dj to input-modules
    - LP: #975198
  * d-i: Add rtl8187 driver to nic-usb-modules
    - LP: #971719

  [ Ian Abbott ]

  * SAUCE: staging: comedi: Add module parameters for default buffer size
    - LP: #981234
  * SAUCE: staging: comedi: Add kernel config for default buffer sizes
    - LP: #981234

  [ K. Y. Srinivasan ]

  * SAUCE: hv_storvsc: Account for in-transit packets in the RESET path
    - LP: #978394

  [ Leann Ogasawara ]

  * [Config] Set CONFIG_COMEDI_DEFAULT_BUF_[SIZE_KB,MAXSIZE_KB]
    - LP: #981234

  [ Luis Henriques ]

  * SAUCE: ite-cir: postpone ISR registration
    - LP: #984387

  [ Manoj Iyer ]

  * SAUCE: Bluetooth: btusb: Add vendor specific ID (0489 e042) for
    BCM20702A0
    - LP: #980965

  [ Tim Gardner ]

  * Extract firmware module info during getabi
  * [Config] Remove hiq-quanta module references
    - LP: #913164
  * [Config] powerpc-smp: build in ATI and RADEON frame buffer drivers
    - LP: #949288

  [ Trond Myklebust ]

  * SAUCE: NFSv4: Ensure that the LOCK code sets exception->inode
    - LP: #974664
  * SAUCE: NFSv4: Ensure that we check lock exclusive/shared type against
    open modes
    - LP: #974664

  [ Upstream Kernel Changes ]

  * Input: psmouse - allow drivers to use psmouse_{de,}activate
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: psmouse - use psmouse_[de]activate() from sentelic and hgpk
    drivers
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - refactor code for upcoming new hardware support
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - enabling absolute coordinates output for newer
    hardware
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - minor code cleanup
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - improve packet debugging information
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - filter taps in absolute mode
    - LP: #969334
  * drm/i915: Fixes distorted external screen image on HP 2730p
    - LP: #796030
  * NFSv4: Minor cleanups for nfs4_handle_exception and
    nfs4_async_handle_error
    - LP: #974664
  * NFSv4: Rate limit the state manager for lock reclaim warning messages
    - LP: #974664
  * HID: multitouch: merge quanta driver into hid-multitouch
    - LP: #913164
  * HID: usbhid: add quirk no_get for quanta 3008 devices
    - LP: #913164
 -- Leann Ogasawara <email address hidden> Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:47:49 -0700

Changed in linux (Ubuntu Precise):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
drumour (drumour) wrote :

Ming Lei,

RE: Ubuntu-3.2.0-18.29 kernel & Dell Duo \ eGalaxis
Did clean install off precise beta and updated to your kernel. On touching screen cursor dissapeared to bottom right. Updated to all latest updates including latest official kernel (but not proposed) same result.

Then installed eGTouch_v2.2.1506.L-x and single touch works and seems stable with your kernel (It also kind of works with latest official kernel but both touchscreen and touchpad quickly stop responding) . Perhaps it may be of interest to note that although I did not need to calibrate, 'sudo eGTouchU' runs but does not allow calibration just line test.

Enabling "Two-finger scrolling" in System Setting->Mouse and Touchpad->Touchpad->Two-finger scrolling also seems to cause problems, seems best set to "Edge" instead

Thank you :)

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

drumour,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM, drumour <email address hidden> wrote:
> Ming Lei,
>
> RE: Ubuntu-3.2.0-18.29 kernel & Dell Duo \ eGalaxis
> Did clean install off precise beta and updated to your kernel. On touching screen cursor dissapeared to bottom right. Updated to all latest updates including latest official kernel (but not proposed) same result.
>
> Then installed eGTouch_v2.2.1506.L-x and single touch works  and seems
> stable with your kernel (It also kind of works with latest official

Thanks you for the tests, looks the patches are needed, so I will push
the three patches onto ubuntu kernel list today.

> kernel but both touchscreen and touchpad quickly stop responding) .
> Perhaps it may be of interest to note that  although I did not need to
> calibrate,  'sudo eGTouchU' runs but does not allow calibration just
> line test.
>
> Enabling  "Two-finger scrolling" in     System Setting->Mouse and
> Touchpad->Touchpad->Two-finger scrolling also seems to cause problems,
> seems best set to "Edge" instead
>
> Thank you :)

You are welcome, :-)

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package linux - 3.2.0-24.37

---------------
linux (3.2.0-24.37) precise-proposed; urgency=low

  [ Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski ]

  * d-i: Add hid-logitech-dj to input-modules
    - LP: #975198
  * d-i: Add rtl8187 driver to nic-usb-modules
    - LP: #971719

  [ Ian Abbott ]

  * SAUCE: staging: comedi: Add module parameters for default buffer size
    - LP: #981234
  * SAUCE: staging: comedi: Add kernel config for default buffer sizes
    - LP: #981234

  [ K. Y. Srinivasan ]

  * SAUCE: hv_storvsc: Account for in-transit packets in the RESET path
    - LP: #978394

  [ Leann Ogasawara ]

  * [Config] Set CONFIG_COMEDI_DEFAULT_BUF_[SIZE_KB,MAXSIZE_KB]
    - LP: #981234

  [ Luis Henriques ]

  * SAUCE: ite-cir: postpone ISR registration
    - LP: #984387

  [ Manoj Iyer ]

  * SAUCE: Bluetooth: btusb: Add vendor specific ID (0489 e042) for
    BCM20702A0
    - LP: #980965

  [ Tim Gardner ]

  * Extract firmware module info during getabi
  * [Config] Remove hiq-quanta module references
    - LP: #913164
  * [Config] powerpc-smp: build in ATI and RADEON frame buffer drivers
    - LP: #949288

  [ Trond Myklebust ]

  * SAUCE: NFSv4: Ensure that the LOCK code sets exception->inode
    - LP: #974664
  * SAUCE: NFSv4: Ensure that we check lock exclusive/shared type against
    open modes
    - LP: #974664

  [ Upstream Kernel Changes ]

  * Input: psmouse - allow drivers to use psmouse_{de,}activate
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: psmouse - use psmouse_[de]activate() from sentelic and hgpk
    drivers
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - refactor code for upcoming new hardware support
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - enabling absolute coordinates output for newer
    hardware
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - minor code cleanup
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - improve packet debugging information
    - LP: #969334
  * Input: sentelic - filter taps in absolute mode
    - LP: #969334
  * drm/i915: Fixes distorted external screen image on HP 2730p
    - LP: #796030
  * NFSv4: Minor cleanups for nfs4_handle_exception and
    nfs4_async_handle_error
    - LP: #974664
  * NFSv4: Rate limit the state manager for lock reclaim warning messages
    - LP: #974664
  * HID: multitouch: merge quanta driver into hid-multitouch
    - LP: #913164
  * HID: usbhid: add quirk no_get for quanta 3008 devices
    - LP: #913164
 -- Leann Ogasawara <email address hidden> Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:47:49 -0700

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Luis Henriques (henrix) wrote :

This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel for Precise in -proposed solves the problem (3.2.0-24.38 ). Please test the kernel and update this bug with the results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-precise' to 'verification-done-precise'.

If verification is not done by one week from today, this fix will be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

tags: added: verification-needed-precise
drumour (drumour) wrote :

My experience is that both the eGalax touchscreen as used by the Dell Duo (with eGalax daemon driver installed), and the Quanta touchscreen as used by the Dell 2310, work as single touch devices using the patches discussed above and implemented in kernel 3.2.0-24.37 & 3.2.0-24.38, and that these patches are neccessary for this to be the case. However as I neither raised the bug nor fixed it I am uncertain as to whether I should edit the tag as requested in post #56, but I don't want these patches dropped..

Tim Gardner (timg-tpi) wrote :

drumour - based on your comments I'm tagging this as verification-done-precise

tags: added: verification-done-precise
removed: verification-needed-precise
ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

Hi

Although touchscreen works (I have Quanta ID 3008 touchscreen), i have a strange problem with nautilus/ mouse clicking. Double clicking or trying to open folders by touch fails after working with the touch screen. Even mouse interaction with folders are not possible, only way to navigate is keyboard.

Steps to recreate:

1. Reboot
2. Open home folder, try to open any folder by touch
3. After first interaction, double clikcing by touch or mouse does not work

Hope this makes sense.

JOTADEATH (jotadeath) wrote :

I have the exactly same problem, nautilus and unity...

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM, JOTADEATH <email address hidden> wrote:
> I have the exactly same problem, nautilus and unity...

ashindeed, JOTADEATH, as the comment #40 said, there are some problems
about double click function, which should be caused by X.org, maybe you should
recreate a new bug entry for it.

Thanks,

Paddy Landau (paddy-landau) wrote :

I have 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu with Quanta device 0408:3003.

My touch-screen used to work on Natty 11.04, but does not on Precise 12.04

Possible duplicate? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/998546

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

Hi Paddy,

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Paddy Landau <email address hidden> wrote:
> I have  3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu with Quanta device 0408:3003.
>
> My touch-screen used to work on Natty 11.04, but does not on Precise
> 12.04

Please try the kernel image in the below link to see if your 3003 can
be supported.

      http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ming/bugs/913164/3003/

>
> Possible duplicate?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/998546

No, as #40 and #61 said, it is caused by x.org driver. Also quanta 3000 device
is involved in LP998546, not 3003.

thanks

Paddy Landau (paddy-landau) wrote :

Ming, do I download all three .deb packages and install them? Or just the two amd64 packages (I have 64-bit)?

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :
Download full text (3.2 KiB)

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012, Paddy Landau <email address hidden> wrote:
> Ming, do I download all three .deb packages and install them? Or just
> the two amd64 packages (I have 64-bit)?

You need to install all three packages.

> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/913164
>
> Title:
> REGRESSION: eGalaxis Touchscreen Driver does not work
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in “linux” source package in Precise:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> This is a regression. The eGalaxis touchscreen driver as downloaded
> from the official website simply doesn't work on my Dell Inspiron Duo.
> It does in 11.10, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I have
> attached a copy of the current (as of this writing) version of the
> driver, which includes a documentation PDF in its tarball.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: linux-image-3.2.0-8-generic 3.2.0-8.14
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-8.14-generic 3.2.0
> Uname: Linux 3.2.0-8-generic x86_64
> AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
> AplayDevices:
> **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> ApportVersion: 1.90-0ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> ArecordDevices:
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC0: hgrahamcull 1434 F.... pulseaudio
> Card0.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0x98200000 irq 46'
> Mixer name : 'Conexant CX20585'
> Components : 'HDA:14f15069,1028048b,00100302'
> Controls : 13
> Simple ctrls : 8
> Date: Sat Jan 7 10:17:24 2012
> EcryptfsInUse: Yes
> InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20120106)
> MachineType: Dell Inc. Inspiron 1090
> ProcEnviron:
> LANGUAGE=
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-8-generic
root=UUID=13299629-af06-4ae3-b43c-a06ca72b74ef ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> linux-restricted-modules-3.2.0-8-generic N/A
> linux-backports-modules-3.2.0-8-generic N/A
> linux-firmware 1.67
> SourcePackage: linux
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> dmi.bios.date: 08/23/2011
> dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
> dmi.bios.version: A06
> dmi.board.name: Inspiron 1090
> dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
> dmi.board.version: A06
> dmi.chassis.type: 8
> dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
> dmi.chassis.version: A06
> dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA06:bd08/23/2011:svnDellInc.:pnInspiron1090:pvrA06:rvnDellInc.:rnInspiron1090:rvrA06:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvrA06:
> dmi.product.name: Inspiron 1090
> dmi.product.version: A06
> dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubun...

Read more...

Paddy Landau (paddy-landau) wrote :

Ming, I have installed as instructed, run sudo update-grub, and restarted.

I presume I am running your version, as uname -a gives:
Linux Daisy 3.2.0-24-generic #38 SMP Wed May 16 20:28:26 CST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

There is one change: "xinput --list" now displays the touch-screen, whereas before it did not.

However, the touch-screen still does not work. It does show as enabled with "xinput --list-props", so I do not know what may still be the problem.

Ming Lei (tom-leiming) wrote :

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Paddy Landau <email address hidden> wrote:
> Ming, I have installed as instructed, run sudo update-grub, and
> restarted.
>
> I presume I am running your version, as uname -a gives:
> Linux Daisy 3.2.0-24-generic #38 SMP Wed May 16 20:28:26 CST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> There is one change: "xinput --list" now displays the touch-screen,
> whereas before it did not.
>
> However, the touch-screen still does not work. It does show as enabled
> with "xinput --list-props", so I do not know what may still be the
> problem.

OK, thanks for your test.

If so, your device may not be supported by current upstream kernel,
and you can verify to install upstream kernel[1] to test your touch screen
if you are interested.

[1], http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.4-rc7-precise/

Thanks,

Paddy Landau (paddy-landau) wrote :

Ming, thank you for your suggestion.

I have installed the 3.4.0 rc7 , but I think I did something wrong, as it does not appear on the Grub menu. I raised a query about this very problem on a related bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/998546
See comments #5 and #6.

David Herde (dherde) wrote :

Hi Tim.. Same issue, but I can't find the fix..

piotr (piotr5) wrote :

since I have ubuntu 12.04 installed (starting with kernel 3.2.0-23) eGalaxy worked, at least the tool said so. however, there was a minor problem: sometimes the mouse-driver would register a click from the touchscreen, but wont release the button so that moving the cursor with the touchpad would select text, in firefox. in the earlier ubuntu software/kernel this was really bad since the touchscreen then would ignore all further "clicks" untill I press the button on the touchpad, now it can be solved with touchscreen only. now I compiled the newest kernel 3.4.4 from kernel.org and this problem seems to be gone, or at least it happens much more rarely.

there is another problem however, as someone mentioned above: the file-manager that comes with ubuntu unity cannot be controlled by the touchscreen. other programs don't seem to have a problem. likely it's caused by a bug in xorg, as was said here. again in firefox the problem manifests itself as an annoying pointer-move downwards and to the right. i.e. I touch the touchscreen somewhere, and then I move the pointer with the touchpad, and as soon as the touchpad changes pointer-position the cursor will seemingly start out at a different position than the one I touched on the touchscreen. this problem isn't fixed by any kernel I have tested. in firefox it is merely annoying since also left-click with touchpad will make the click at a completely different position than expected. but I wont notice anything when I use either touchscreen or touchpad exclusively, avoid switching to the other. in the filemanager however the program reacts as if I'd randomly switch to touchpad as soon as I touch the screen, till a recent ubgrade of xorg. in the new xorg the filemanager will react to press and hold by selecting the item I touched and it will scroll when I move my finger on the touch-screen. after leaving my finger there a bit longer the right-click menu will appear. sometimes the menu will undo my selection though and thereby will be unrelated to the item. in whole, filemanager is somewhat useable now with tablet-mode of my inspiron1090, especially in combination with the newest upstream-kernel.

so in whole I would say there is a lot of improvement going on with the eGalaxy driver, and there still is something to improve in the kernel-driver before it can be called stable. but of course xorg probably must be improved too...

ashindeed (meetaswin) wrote :

Switched to debian unstable, with gnome-shell and liquorix kernel everything works beautifully. As much as I would like to use ubuntu, I just can't.

ferraramax (ferraramax85) wrote :

Now the egalaxy touchscreen driver works, but there are the problem in nautilus that is impossible select and move file or directory. The stronge is that if we load the egalaxy driver, the mouse have the same problem that is impossible select and move a file or directory... but if we try another file manager, it works good. The bug is of xorg or of nautilus?

NOTE: i use gnome-shell and i have removed from my installation unity... gnome shell is more touch-friendly

ferraramax (ferraramax85) wrote :

Dear sir,

i have reinstalled ubuntu 12.04, and after the installation, there are not this bug... what package we can not-update for not have the bug? For now i don't have updated the system becouse if i update, i have this bug

Best regards!

ferraramax (ferraramax85) wrote :

The problem is in the package xserver-xorg-core. I have blocked the version to the 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10(precise) and the problem (for egalaxy touchscreen) is solved

michelepolo (mmichelepolo) wrote :

same thing with 12.04 and LXDE, eeepc 701 with eGalaxy touchscreen, seems solved with update with this ppa via ubuntu-tweak:
xorg-edgers fresh X crack
which installed the package xserver-xorg-core 2:1.12.3+git20120709

after a day, i must write problem seemed solved, in fact it is not, touchscreen not working, nor the tapping on the touchpad

The verification of this Stable Release Update has completed successfully and the package has now been released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a regression using the package from -updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report regression-update so we can easily find any regresssions.

Paddy Landau (paddy-landau) wrote :

This says fix released, but after running the updates today and restarting, I still do not have touch-screen capability. What should I do — submit a new bug?

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers