10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability

Bug #896575 reported by Mario Kiko Subia on 2011-11-26
24
This bug affects 4 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
linux (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

I have a newly installed motherboard which is a ASUS M5A88-V EVO. Ethernet is Realtek RTL8111/8168d PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller. The Ethernet connection is highly unstable ( Tested Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10). If you go to the Realtek site you can download the correct driver but found a problem r8168-8.026.00 is current script loading driver, it does not work (Notified Realtek support). Instead make sure your using r8168-8.025.00 script.

Realtek Site for drivers for board:
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... wn=false#2

Correct working Script is located at this address:
http://r8168.googlecode.com/files/r8168 ... 00.tar.bz2

Basicly what is happening is Ubuntu releases are installing incorrect driver...It should be r8168 as per card but if you check your connection information you will see it is loading r8169 which is incorrect leading to the instability issues.

kiko53s
Level 1

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

---
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
 USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
 /dev/snd/controlC1: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
 /dev/snd/controlC0: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Card0.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xfe7f8000 irq 16'
   Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC892'
   Components : 'HDA:10ec0892,1043841b,00100302'
   Controls : 32
   Simple ctrls : 18
Card1.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:1 'U0x46d0x802'/'USB Device 0x46d:0x802 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1, high speed'
   Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
   Components : 'USB046d:0802'
   Controls : 2
   Simple ctrls : 1
Card1.Amixer.values:
 Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
   Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
   Capture channels: Mono
   Limits: Capture 0 - 6144
   Mono: Capture 6144 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]
Card2.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:2 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9e8000 irq 19'
   Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
   Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
   Controls : 4
   Simple ctrls : 1
Card2.Amixer.values:
 Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [on]
DistroRelease: LinuxMint 11
HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=b7043bf5-0eac-4956-9e08-776bba0d4fbf
InstallationMedia: Linux Mint 11 "Katya" - Release amd64 (20110501)
IwConfig:
 lo no wireless extensions.

 eth0 no wireless extensions.
MachineType: System manufacturer System Product Name
NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en_US:en
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-8-generic root=UUID=7ae3a451-b5f4-4188-8c42-36afb1c6d775 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
RelatedPackageVersions:
 linux-restricted-modules-2.6.38-8-generic N/A
 linux-backports-modules-2.6.38-8-generic N/A
 linux-firmware 1.52
RfKill:

Tags: katya
Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic x86_64
UnreportableReason: This is not a genuine LinuxMint package
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
dmi.bios.date: 09/20/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
dmi.bios.version: 0801
dmi.board.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
dmi.board.name: M5A88-V EVO
dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
dmi.board.version: Rev X.0x
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890
dmi.chassis.type: 3
dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr0801:bd09/20/2011:svnSystemmanufacturer:pnSystemProductName:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKComputerINC.:rnM5A88-VEVO:rvrRevX.0x:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
dmi.product.name: System Product Name
dmi.product.version: System Version
dmi.sys.vendor: System manufacturer

affects: ubuntu → linux (Ubuntu)
tags: added: kernel-net

This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem. From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 896575

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the Ubuntu Kernel Team.

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed

apport information

tags: added: apport-collected katya
description: updated

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

apport information

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium

Hi Mario,

I see the 8168 driver in use in your apport logs. Just to confirm, did you manually load the 8168 driver?

Download full text (4.8 KiB)

Yes I did.

Mario (Kiko)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Joseph Salisbury <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Hi Mario,
>
> I see the 8168 driver in use in your apport logs. Just to confirm, did
> you manually load the 8168 driver?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/896575
>
> Title:
> ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> I have a newly installed motherboard which is a ASUS M5A88-V EVO.
> Ethernet is Realtek RTL8111/8168d PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
> Controller. The Ethernet connection is highly unstable ( Tested Ubuntu
> 11.04 and 11.10). If you go to the Realtek site you can download the
> correct driver but found a problem r8168-8.026.00 is current script
> loading driver, it does not work (Notified Realtek support). Instead
> make sure your using r8168-8.025.00 script.
>
> Realtek Site for drivers for board:
> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... wn=false#2
>
> Correct working Script is located at this address:
> http://r8168.googlecode.com/files/r8168 ... 00.tar.bz2
>
> Basicly what is happening is Ubuntu releases are installing incorrect
> driver...It should be r8168 as per card but if you check your
> connection information you will see it is loading r8169 which is
> incorrect leading to the instability issues.
>
> kiko53s
> Level 1
>
>
> Posts: 2
> Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am
>
> ---
> AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
> Architecture: amd64
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC1: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> /dev/snd/controlC0: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> Card0.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xfe7f8000 irq 16'
> Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC892'
> Components : 'HDA:10ec0892,1043841b,00100302'
> Controls : 32
> Simple ctrls : 18
> Card1.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:1 'U0x46d0x802'/'USB Device 0x46d:0x802 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1,
> high speed'
> Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
> Components : 'USB046d:0802'
> Controls : 2
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card1.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
> Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
> Capture channels: Mono
> Limits: Capture 0 - 6144
> Mono: Capture 6144 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]
> Card2.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:2 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9e8000 irq 19'
> Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
> Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
> Controls : 4
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card2.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
> Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
> Playback channels: Mono
> Mono: Playback [on]
> DistroRelease: LinuxMint 11
> HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=b7043bf5-0eac-4956-9e08-776bba0d4fbf
> InstallationMedia: Linux Mint 11 "Katya" - Release amd64 (20110501)
> IwConfig:
> lo no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0 no wireless extensions.
> MachineType: System manufa...

Read more...

I'm having this issue on Precise (after upgrading from Lucid, which also used the 8169 driver but had no issues). Currently my network card is stuck at 10baseT which is slower than my internet connection :)

mii-tool output:

eth0: negotiated 10baseT-FD flow-control, link ok
  product info: vendor 00:07:32, model 17 rev 2
  basic mode: autonegotiation enabled
  basic status: autonegotiation complete, link ok
  capabilities: 1000baseT-HD 1000baseT-FD 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
  advertising: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD flow-control
  link partner: 1000baseT-HD 1000baseT-FD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD flow-control

ethtool output:

Settings for eth0:
 Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
 Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                         100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                         1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
 Supported pause frame use: No
 Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
 Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                         100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                         1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
 Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
 Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
 Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
 Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
 Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
 Speed: 10Mb/s
 Duplex: Full
 Port: MII
 PHYAD: 0
 Transceiver: internal
 Auto-negotiation: on
 Supports Wake-on: pumbg
 Wake-on: g
 Current message level: 0x00000033 (51)
          drv probe ifdown ifup
 Link detected: yes

lshw output:

lshw -class network
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       logical name: eth0
       version: 03
       serial: 6c:f0:49:e2:22:bf
       size: 10Mbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list rom ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=full firmware=rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw ip=10.27.27.35 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=MII speed=10Mbit/s
       resources: irq:49 ioport:ce00(size=256) memory:fd9ff000-fd9fffff memory:fd9f8000-fd9fbfff memory:fd900000-fd91ffff

Happy to post anything else that might help!

I have also this issue with disconnection every 30 sec in my enterprise network. All is fine with my personal internet connection:

% sudo mii-tool
eth0: negotiated 1000baseT-FD flow-control, link ok

% sudo lshw -class network
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       produit: RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
       fabriquant: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       identifiant matériel: 0
       information bus: pci@0000:07:00.0
       nom logique: eth0
       version: 06
       numéro de série: 10:1f:74:17:71:99
       taille: 1Gbit/s
       capacité: 1Gbit/s
       bits: 64 bits
       horloge: 33MHz
       fonctionnalités: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8168 driverversion=8.031.00-NAPI duplex=full ip=129.184.161.221 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
       ressources: irq:42 portE/S:4000(taille=256) mémoire:c0404000-c0404fff mémoire:c0400000-c0403fff
  *-network
       description: Interface réseau sans fil
       produit: RT5390 [802.11 b/g/n 1T1R G-band PCI Express Single Chip]
       fabriquant: Ralink corp.
       identifiant matériel: 0
       information bus: pci@0000:0d:00.0
       nom logique: wlan0
       version: 00
       numéro de série: 38:59:f9:7c:da:b0
       bits: 32 bits
       horloge: 33MHz
       fonctionnalités: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800pci driverversion=3.2.0-26-generic firmware=0.34 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
       ressources: irq:17 mémoire:c4400000-c440ffff

Jeremy Yoder (jyoder) wrote :

For what it's worth, the only thing that ended up helping in my case was to power off the machine, unplug it for 5 minutes (yes, unplug it, simply powering off didn't help), and then turn it back on. That process reset the network card and it came back up fine.

Mario Kiko Subia, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue? If so, could you please test for this with the latest development release of Ubuntu? ISO CD images are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/ .

If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in the development release from a Terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather and attach updated debug information to this report:

apport-collect -p linux <replace-with-bug-number>

Also, could you please test the latest upstream kernel available following https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds ? It will allow additional upstream developers to examine the issue. Please do not test the kernel in the daily folder, but the one all the way at the bottom. Once you've tested the upstream kernel, please comment on which kernel version specifically you tested and remove the 'needs-upstream-testing' tag. This can be done by clicking on the yellow pencil icon next to the tag located at the bottom of the bug description and deleting the 'needs-upstream-testing' text.

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag: 'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

If you are unable to test the mainline kernel, please comment as to why specifically you were unable to test it and add the tag: 'kernel-unable-to-test-upstream'.

Please let us know your results. Thanks in advance.

Helpful Bug Reporting Links:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_Reporting_Etiquette
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#A3._Make_sure_the_bug_hasn.27t_already_been_reported
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Apport_Debug_Information_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Additional_Attachments_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug

tags: added: natty needs-upstream-testing oneiric
removed: katya
summary: - ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
+ 10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Download full text (7.1 KiB)

Have time in a few days, need to set up test system...Kiko (Azusa, Cali.
USA)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Christopher M. Penalver <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Mario Kiko Subia, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't
> been any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an
> issue? If so, could you please test for this with the latest development
> release of Ubuntu? ISO CD images are available from
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/ .
>
> If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
> the development release from a Terminal
> (Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
> and attach updated debug information to this report:
>
> apport-collect -p linux <replace-with-bug-number>
>
> Also, could you please test the latest upstream kernel available
> following https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds ? It will allow
> additional upstream developers to examine the issue. Please do not test
> the kernel in the daily folder, but the one all the way at the bottom.
> Once you've tested the upstream kernel, please comment on which kernel
> version specifically you tested and remove the 'needs-upstream-testing'
> tag. This can be done by clicking on the yellow pencil icon next to the
> tag located at the bottom of the bug description and deleting the
> 'needs-upstream-testing' text.
>
> If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following
> tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.
>
> If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag:
> 'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.
>
> If you are unable to test the mainline kernel, please comment as to why
> specifically you were unable to test it and add the tag: 'kernel-unable-
> to-test-upstream'.
>
> Please let us know your results. Thanks in advance.
>
> Helpful Bug Reporting Links:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_Reporting_Etiquette
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#A3._Make_sure_the_bug_hasn.27t_already_been_reported
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Apport_Debug_Information_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Additional_Attachments_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug
>
> ** Tags removed: katya
> ** Tags added: natty needs-upstream-testing oneiric
>
> ** Summary changed:
>
> - ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
> + 10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
>
> ** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
> Status: Confirmed => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/896575
>
> Title:
> 10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I have a newly installed motherboard which is a ASUS M5A88-V EVO.
> Ethernet is Realtek RTL8111/8168d PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
> Controller. The Ethernet connection is highly unstable ( Tested Ubuntu
> 11.04 and 11.10). If you go to the Realtek site you can download the
> correct driver but found a problem r8168-8.026.00 is current script
> loading driver, it...

Read more...

kernel-fixed-upstream

Tested using Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Alpha 3

tags: added: kernel-fixed-upstream
removed: needs-upstream-testing
tags: added: kernel-netkernel-fixed-upstream
removed: kernel-fixed-upstream kernel-net
tags: added: kernel-fixed-upstream kernel-net
removed: kernel-netkernel-fixed-upstream

kiko53s, please stop toggling the tags on this report as you are not the original reporter. For more on this, please see Ubuntu Bug Control and Ubuntu Bug Squad article:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue

and Ubuntu Community article:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_Reporting_Etiquette

Could you please file a new report by executing the following in a terminal:
ubuntu-bug linux

If you do file a new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it. Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful Bug Reporting Links:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#A3._Make_sure_the_bug_hasn.27t_already_been_reported
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Apport_Debug_Information_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Adding_Additional_Attachments_to_an_Existing_Launchpad_Bug

tags: added: needs-upstream-testing
removed: kernel-fixed-upstream
tags: added: kernel-fixed-upstream quantal
removed: needs-upstream-testing

Mario Kiko Subia, just to clarify, if you just tested the Quantal Live or installed environment, this is not testing mainline upstream. Hence, adding the tag kernel-fixed-upstream would be inappropriate in this case. Could you please clarify if this is the situation you are in?

Download full text (5.1 KiB)

No problem, sorry, just figuring all this out... used Kernal
3.5.0-030500RC7... I think I have it all right... hope this helps

Kiko

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Christopher M. Penalver <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Mario Kiko Subia, just to clarify, if you just tested the Quantal Live
> or installed environment, this is not testing mainline upstream. Hence,
> adding the tag kernel-fixed-upstream would be inappropriate in this
> case. Could you please clarify if this is the situation you are in?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/896575
>
> Title:
> 10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I have a newly installed motherboard which is a ASUS M5A88-V EVO.
> Ethernet is Realtek RTL8111/8168d PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
> Controller. The Ethernet connection is highly unstable ( Tested Ubuntu
> 11.04 and 11.10). If you go to the Realtek site you can download the
> correct driver but found a problem r8168-8.026.00 is current script
> loading driver, it does not work (Notified Realtek support). Instead
> make sure your using r8168-8.025.00 script.
>
> Realtek Site for drivers for board:
> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... wn=false#2
>
> Correct working Script is located at this address:
> http://r8168.googlecode.com/files/r8168 ... 00.tar.bz2
>
> Basicly what is happening is Ubuntu releases are installing incorrect
> driver...It should be r8168 as per card but if you check your
> connection information you will see it is loading r8169 which is
> incorrect leading to the instability issues.
>
> kiko53s
> Level 1
>
>
> Posts: 2
> Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am
>
> ---
> AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
> Architecture: amd64
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC1: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> /dev/snd/controlC0: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> Card0.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xfe7f8000 irq 16'
> Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC892'
> Components : 'HDA:10ec0892,1043841b,00100302'
> Controls : 32
> Simple ctrls : 18
> Card1.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:1 'U0x46d0x802'/'USB Device 0x46d:0x802 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1,
> high speed'
> Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
> Components : 'USB046d:0802'
> Controls : 2
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card1.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
> Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
> Capture channels: Mono
> Limits: Capture 0 - 6144
> Mono: Capture 6144 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]
> Card2.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:2 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9e8000 irq 19'
> Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
> Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
> Controls : 4
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card2.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
> Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
> P...

Read more...

Mario Kiko Subia (kiko53s) wrote :
Download full text (5.0 KiB)

P.S. installed enviroment

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Christopher M. Penalver <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Mario Kiko Subia, just to clarify, if you just tested the Quantal Live
> or installed environment, this is not testing mainline upstream. Hence,
> adding the tag kernel-fixed-upstream would be inappropriate in this
> case. Could you please clarify if this is the situation you are in?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/896575
>
> Title:
> 10ec:8168 ASUS M5A88-V EVO Ethernet instability
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I have a newly installed motherboard which is a ASUS M5A88-V EVO.
> Ethernet is Realtek RTL8111/8168d PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
> Controller. The Ethernet connection is highly unstable ( Tested Ubuntu
> 11.04 and 11.10). If you go to the Realtek site you can download the
> correct driver but found a problem r8168-8.026.00 is current script
> loading driver, it does not work (Notified Realtek support). Instead
> make sure your using r8168-8.025.00 script.
>
> Realtek Site for drivers for board:
> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... wn=false#2
>
> Correct working Script is located at this address:
> http://r8168.googlecode.com/files/r8168 ... 00.tar.bz2
>
> Basicly what is happening is Ubuntu releases are installing incorrect
> driver...It should be r8168 as per card but if you check your
> connection information you will see it is loading r8169 which is
> incorrect leading to the instability issues.
>
> kiko53s
> Level 1
>
>
> Posts: 2
> Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am
>
> ---
> AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
> Architecture: amd64
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC1: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> /dev/snd/controlC0: kiko 1762 F.... pulseaudio
> CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> Card0.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xfe7f8000 irq 16'
> Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC892'
> Components : 'HDA:10ec0892,1043841b,00100302'
> Controls : 32
> Simple ctrls : 18
> Card1.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:1 'U0x46d0x802'/'USB Device 0x46d:0x802 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1,
> high speed'
> Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
> Components : 'USB046d:0802'
> Controls : 2
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card1.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
> Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
> Capture channels: Mono
> Limits: Capture 0 - 6144
> Mono: Capture 6144 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]
> Card2.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:2 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9e8000 irq 19'
> Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
> Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
> Controls : 4
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card2.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
> Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
> Playback channels: Mono
> Mono: Playback [on]
> DistroRelease: LinuxMint 11
> HibernationDevice: RE...

Read more...

Mario Kiko Subia, as per your comment https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/896575/comments/32 you used the repository kernel that came with Quantal. Did this fix your problem?

If the Quantal kernel did not fix your problem, could you please test the latest upstream kernel available following https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds ? It will allow additional upstream developers to examine the issue. Please do not test the kernel in the daily folder, but the one all the way at the bottom. Once you've tested the upstream kernel, please comment on which kernel version specifically you tested and remove the tag:
needs-upstream-testing

This can be done by clicking on the yellow pencil icon next to the tag located at the bottom of the bug description and deleting the text:
needs-upstream-testing

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following tags:
kernel-fixed-upstream
kernel-fixed-upstream-VERSION-NUMBER

where VERSION-NUMBER is the version number of the kernel you tested.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the following tags:
kernel-bug-exists-upstream
kernel-bug-exists-upstream-VERSION-NUMBER

where VERSION-NUMBER is the version number of the kernel you tested.

If you are unable to test the mainline kernel, please comment as to why specifically you were unable to test it and add the following tags:
kernel-unable-to-test-upstream
kernel-unable-to-test-upstream-VERSION-NUMBER

where VERSION-NUMBER is the version number of the kernel you tested.

Please let us know your results. Thank you for your understanding.

tags: added: needs-upstream-testing
removed: kernel-fixed-upstream
tags: added: 3.5.0-6-generic kernel-fixed-upstream
tags: removed: 3.5.0-6-generic kernel-fixed-upstream
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers