Install fails to/ S-ATA harddisk from S-ATA CDRom
Ubuntu Intrepid Alpha 6
The following errormessages repeats:
ata3: EH complete
ata3: EH pending after 5 tries, giving up
- Mainboard is an Asus A8N-E, all unsued SATA-Ports set to "None" in BIOS.
- Booting from HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N (SATA DVD-Burner) (Drive works under 7.10)
- Trying to install to SATA-Harddisk (Disk is ok. I am running another OS on it)
- irqpoll boot option as described in various forums for 8.04 does not help
- 8.04 installer fails with "Exception EMask" (irqpool does not help)
- lspci: IDE interface: nVidia Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)
Since this bug has been reported in various forums for 8.04 I think this is a major bug and prevents a lot ppl from installing Ubuntu.