Toshiba p100 Conexant CX20549 (Venice) Headphone jack not working
Issue with headphone jack, no sound coming out of it.
* Computer is Toshiba P-100 ST9752
* Sound card is HDA Intel Conexant CX20549 (Venice)
* Ubuntu version is Hardy Beta, because my card did not work at all on any previous version
* Microphone worked only after I selected "IntMic" in the Switches Tab.
* Sound works perfectly in Vista, headphone jack included.
* When device is plugged in to headphone jack, the speakers do turn off, but no sound is heard through the headphones.
* WEIRD PART: I noticed a clicking sound in the headphones that occurs when I insert the headphones in to the jack. I found that if I insert the headphone to just the right specific point (about halfway inserted, but it has to be perfect), the headphones do in fact work!
* However, this is not a good solution, and I can't figure out why this would happen.
Fixes that did not work:
*Compiling the latest version of alsa
* One suggestion was the Volume Control "Switches" tab, which would have a "Headphone" checkmark box. Mine does not have this checkbox. All devices are selected in the Preferences dialog box.
* I have turned up all the volumes in Alsamixer except for IEC958 (would not let me move it, I don't know what it is anyway).
|Changed in alsa-driver:|
|status:||Confirmed → Invalid|