Ubuntu

[Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure

Reported by Aleksandar Dezelin on 2012-10-05
28
This bug affects 5 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
linux (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

I closed the lid and reopened it.

ProblemType: KernelOops
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
Package: linux-image-3.5.0-17-generic 3.5.0-17.26
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-17.26-generic 3.5.5
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64
Annotation: This occured during a previous suspend and prevented it from resuming properly.
ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
 USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
 /dev/snd/controlC1: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
 /dev/snd/controlC0: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'iw'
Date: Fri Oct 5 20:07:28 2012
ExecutablePath: /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
Failure: suspend/resume
HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=950c046b-99e7-4e1e-b57c-253fa8e24dfb
InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python3.2mu
MachineType: Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=linux
 PATH=(custom, no user)
ProcFB:
 0 inteldrmfb
 1 radeondrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.5.0-17-generic root=/dev/mapper/hostname-root ro splash quiet vt.handoff=7
PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
RelatedPackageVersions:
 linux-restricted-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
 linux-backports-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
 linux-firmware 1.94
SourcePackage: linux
Title: [Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups:

dmi.bios.date: 05/20/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
dmi.bios.version: F.15
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: 159B
dmi.board.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
dmi.board.version: 91.36
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnHewlett-Packard:bvrF.15:bd05/20/2011:svnHewlett-Packard:pnHPENVY17NotebookPC:pvr0592210000201920000620000:rvnHewlett-Packard:rn159B:rvr91.36:cvnHewlett-Packard:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
dmi.product.name: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
dmi.product.version: 0592210000201920000620000
dmi.sys.vendor: Hewlett-Packard

Aleksandar Dezelin (dezelin) wrote :
Brad Figg (brad-figg) on 2012-10-05
Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury) wrote :

Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? Refer to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . Please test the latest v3.6 kernel[0] (Not a kernel in the daily directory) and install both the linux-image and linux-image-extra .deb packages.

Once you've tested the upstream kernel, please remove the 'needs-upstream-testing' tag. Please only remove that one tag and leave the other tags. This can be done by clicking on the yellow pencil icon next to the tag located at the bottom of the bug description and deleting the 'needs-upstream-testing' text.

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag: 'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

If you are unable to test the mainline kernel, for example it will not boot, please add the tag: 'kernel-unable-to-test-upstream'.
Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as "Confirmed".

Thanks in advance.

[0] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.6-quantal/

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
tags: added: kernel-suspend-watch needs-upstream-testing
Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury) wrote :

Also, when you opened the system, did the system actually resume, but still report this error?

Yes, the system did resume. I'll test the latest kernel 3.6 as you proposed.

Thank you,
Aleksandar Dezelin

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Joseph Salisbury <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Also, when you opened the system, did the system actually resume, but
> still report this error?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1062470
>
> Title:
> [Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I closed the lid and reopened it.
>
> ProblemType: KernelOops
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
> Package: linux-image-3.5.0-17-generic 3.5.0-17.26
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-17.26-generic 3.5.5
> Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64
> Annotation: This occured during a previous suspend and prevented it from
> resuming properly.
> ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC1: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
> /dev/snd/controlC0: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
> CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'iw'
> Date: Fri Oct 5 20:07:28 2012
> ExecutablePath: /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
> Failure: suspend/resume
> HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=950c046b-99e7-4e1e-b57c-253fa8e24dfb
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python3.2mu
> MachineType: Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
> ProcEnviron:
> TERM=linux
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> ProcFB:
> 0 inteldrmfb
> 1 radeondrmfb
> ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.5.0-17-generic
> root=/dev/mapper/hostname-root ro splash quiet vt.handoff=7
> PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
> PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> linux-restricted-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
> linux-backports-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
> linux-firmware 1.94
> SourcePackage: linux
> Title: [Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> UserGroups:
>
> dmi.bios.date: 05/20/2011
> dmi.bios.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.bios.version: F.15
> dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
> dmi.board.name: 159B
> dmi.board.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.board.version: 91.36
> dmi.chassis.type: 10
> dmi.chassis.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
> dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnHewlett-Packard:bvrF.15:bd05/20/2011:svnHewlett-Packard:pnHPENVY17NotebookPC:pvr0592210000201920000620000:rvnHewlett-Packard:rn159B:rvr91.36:cvnHewlett-Packard:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
> dmi.product.name: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
> dmi.product.version: 0592210000201920000620000
> dmi.sys.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1062470/+subscriptions
>

Aleksandar Dezelin (dezelin) wrote :

Sorry, It didn't resume when I reported this bug. I've tried it again with the 3.6 kernel but it still doesn't resume after suspend.

tags: added: kernel-bug-exists-upstream
removed: needs-upstream-testing
Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury) wrote :

This issue appears to be an upstream bug, since you tested the latest upstream kernel. Would it be possible for you to open an upstream bug report[0]? That will allow the upstream Developers to examine the issue, and may provide a quicker resolution to the bug.

Please follow the instructions on the wiki page[0]. The first step is to email the appropriate mailing list. If no response is received, then a bug may be opened on bugzilla.kernel.org.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/kernel

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Triaged
Aleksandar Dezelin (dezelin) wrote :
Download full text (3.5 KiB)

Ok, I'll do that.

Thank you,
Aleksandar

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Joseph Salisbury <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> This issue appears to be an upstream bug, since you tested the latest
> upstream kernel. Would it be possible for you to open an upstream bug
> report[0]? That will allow the upstream Developers to examine the
> issue, and may provide a quicker resolution to the bug.
>
> Please follow the instructions on the wiki page[0]. The first step is
> to email the appropriate mailing list. If no response is received, then
> a bug may be opened on bugzilla.kernel.org.
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/kernel
>
>
> ** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
> Status: Incomplete => Triaged
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1062470
>
> Title:
> [Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure
>
> Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
> Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> I closed the lid and reopened it.
>
> ProblemType: KernelOops
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
> Package: linux-image-3.5.0-17-generic 3.5.0-17.26
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-17.26-generic 3.5.5
> Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64
> Annotation: This occured during a previous suspend and prevented it from
> resuming properly.
> ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC1: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
> /dev/snd/controlC0: dezelin 2069 F.... pulseaudio
> CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'iw'
> Date: Fri Oct 5 20:07:28 2012
> ExecutablePath: /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
> Failure: suspend/resume
> HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=950c046b-99e7-4e1e-b57c-253fa8e24dfb
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python3.2mu
> MachineType: Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/apport/apportcheckresume
> ProcEnviron:
> TERM=linux
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> ProcFB:
> 0 inteldrmfb
> 1 radeondrmfb
> ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.5.0-17-generic
> root=/dev/mapper/hostname-root ro splash quiet vt.handoff=7
> PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
> PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> linux-restricted-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
> linux-backports-modules-3.5.0-17-generic N/A
> linux-firmware 1.94
> SourcePackage: linux
> Title: [Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC] suspend/resume failure
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> UserGroups:
>
> dmi.bios.date: 05/20/2011
> dmi.bios.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.bios.version: F.15
> dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
> dmi.board.name: 159B
> dmi.board.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.board.version: 91.36
> dmi.chassis.type: 10
> dmi.chassis.vendor: Hewlett-Packard
> dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
> dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnHewlett-Packard:bvrF.15:bd05/20/2011:svnHewlett-Packard:pnHPENVY17NotebookP...

Read more...

LinkedIn
------------

Bug,

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Aleksandar

Aleksandar Dezelin
Software Developer at Cisco
Serbia

Confirm that you know Aleksandar Dezelin:
https://www.linkedin.com/e/rxlt2m-hlnv8n4q-2y/isd/16591184852/U8OyN9Dk/?hs=false&tok=1EvuaWpsQOOlU1

--
You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Click to unsubscribe:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/rxlt2m-hlnv8n4q-2y/2bQXVHPSbBS56PW-6sh6akWJys60VGfgh4f_i5fW/goo/1062470%40bugs%2Elaunchpad%2Enet/20061/I5515538925_1/?hs=false&tok=1RpzuH5AwOOlU1

(c) 2012 LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

Aleksandar Dezelin, could you please provide the full computer model as noted on the sticker (ex. HP ENVY 17-3070nr Notebook PC)?

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Incomplete
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in linux (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers