Comment 29 for bug 47371

Shea McCombs (shea241) wrote :

Sorry for the double-post above.

And now for an update:
I managed to get everything working again. The steps I took were somewhat convoluted and honestly I don't remember them perfectly. Since the libGL.so.1.2 replacement method didn't work for me, (api errors disappeared, but libGL would fail to initialize due to DDX mismatch, DRI died, etc), it basically involved completely removing xorg-driver-fglrx, completely removing the restricted drivers, and restarting with a vesa driver. From there I ran the 8.25.18 installer from ATI, rebooted again, and viola, all is working. Not the most ubuntu-friendly way to do things, but I kinda depend on OpenGL :-)

If you're a RV3x00 user out there and the RV200 fix(es) aren't working for you, drop me an email and I'll try and help!