Replace function with UTF-8 symbols eats more chars than needed

Bug #800059 reported by Ruslan Khusnullin on 2011-06-21
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
leafpad (Debian)
New
Unknown
leafpad (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: leafpad

When I replace text containing UTF-8 characters with text without UTF-8 chars, Leafpad eats more chars than needed.
For example I replace 'three dots' symbol (…) with real three dots (...) in file containing this:
text…text
After replace I get:
text...xt

Juhani Numminen (jsonic) on 2018-12-09
Changed in leafpad (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in leafpad (Debian):
status: Unknown → New
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.