Binary package hint: ktorrent
I have taken the time to cherrypick all the crash and data loss and other severe bug fixes from KTorrent 2.1-stable SVN. These patches are all fixes that have been incorporated in newer KTorrent 2.1 STABLE releases, such as 2.1.1-2.1.4. However, upstream's releases usually clump a bunch of other unrelated feature additions and behavioral changes not appropriate for SRU.
Changelog for SRU:
ktorrent (2.1-0ubuntu2.1~prop1) feisty-proposed; urgency=low
* SRU: Cherrypick SVN data loss and crash related bugs. (Closes LP Bugs:
109184, 104705, 110480, 99741, 95018, and duplicates)
- debian/patches/kubuntu_04_svn632043_auth_crash.patch: Fixes crashes reported in authentication monitor
- debian/patches/kubuntu_05_svn634519_chunkdownload_crash.patch: Fix SIGABORT crashes when loading a torrent. (KDE Bug 141758)
- debian/patches/kubuntu_06_svn634843_retransmit_timeout.patch: Fixed bug with handling timeouts, which caused retransmits not to be sent
- debian/patches/kubuntu_07_current_chunks_crash.patch: Fix crash caused by current_chunks being corrupt (KDE bug 142777)
- debian/patches/kubuntu_08_largefile_crash.patch: fix dataloss associated with >= 4GB files
- debian/patches/kubuntu_09_self_DHT_cpuspin.patch: Ignore DHT replies from self; reported to cause CPU pegging on certain NAT configurations
- debian/patches/kubuntu_10_multifile_4GB.patch: Fix bug with multifile torrents containing >4GB files being truncated.
- debian/patches/kubuntu_11_DHT_safetycheck.patch: Perform more validation on incoming DHT packets to prevent malformed DHT packets from crashing KTorrent.
- debian/patches/kubuntu_12_saveIndexFile_exceptions.patch: Fix bug with saveIndexFile exceptions not being caught, resulting in potential crashes.
-- John Dong <email address hidden> Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:46:44 -0400