Notify-OSD and sound-indicator contradict each other after unmute
Trouble starts at point 3. I can best illustrate this with images, so they will follow.
1. When I change the sound volume using function keys on my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge, the volume changes in both the indicator and OSD.
2. When I press the mute function key, both the indicator and OSD mute the sound.
3. When I press mute again to unmute, the indicator stays in the mute state but the OSD shows the unmute state.
4. The audio is still muted for real, so the indicator is right and the OSD is misinformed by some evil piece of code in a raincoat.
Ofcourse, I expected the audio to unmute. I like the OSD to be right. After all, I did press the (un)mute button.
5. Workaround: Open the sound indicator and slide the volume slider up. Now the audio is unmuted again.
$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu oneiric (development branch)
$ uname -a
Linux Redsandro 3.0.0-11-generic #18-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 13 23:38:01 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ apt-cache policy indicator-sound
*** 0.7.8-0ubuntu1 0
I'll upload the next images in a new comment (due to 1 attachment limit)