Translation broken in Kubuntu

Bug #62866 reported by Jannick Kuhr on 2006-09-28
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
hwdb-client (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

The in Rosetta existing (and installed) translation for hwdb-client is not used in hwdb-client-kde.

Martin Böhm (martin.bohm) wrote :

I can confirm this bug in an updated Kubuntu Edgy Beta. I hope it will be resolved before the Edgy final release because the Kubuntu Hardware Database has a lot of potential (if translated).

Changed in hwdb-client:
status: Unconfirmed → Confirmed
Martin Böhm (martin.bohm) wrote :

I checked this bug once more and I found out that when I switch to German the translation works almost fine. It just displays some characters (ö, ä, ü) incorrectly. Only a few lines aren't translated yet.

Changed in hwdb-client:
status: Confirmed → Unconfirmed
Jonathan Riddell (jr) wrote :

It now uses the correct catalog but the .pot files need to be updated for the strings used in the current version.

Changed in hwdb-client:
importance: Undecided → Low
status: Unconfirmed → Confirmed
Jonathan Riddell (jr) wrote :
Changed in hwdb-client:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Colin Watson (cjwatson) wrote :

Accepted.

hwdb-client (0.6-0ubuntu16) edgy; urgency=low

  * Rebuild .pot files to include missing strings
    closes malone 62866

 -- Jonathan Riddell <email address hidden> Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:24:56 +0100

Changed in hwdb-client:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released

Unfortunately there are less but still a lot of untranslated/untranslateable messages in the KDE-Frontend although it seems to be completly translated in Rosetta since last October.

Only one untranslated string is still left: "Enter your e-mail address below (...)". It would be nice if this last string could be fixed too.

Kind regards, Jannick

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers