hal-info entry for Nokia N70 phones

Bug #268482 reported by أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy) on 2008-09-10
6
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
hal-info (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: network-manager

Hello,

  I added the following entry in
  /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-modem.fdi to be able to use
  Nokia N70 in network manager:

     <!-- Nokia N70 as a GPRS/EDGE modem (CDC ACM) -->
     <match <email address hidden>:usb.product_id" int="0x43a">
       <match <email address hidden>:usb.interface.class" int="0x02">
         <match <email address hidden>:usb.interface.subclass" int="0x02">
           <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">modem</append>
           <append key="modem.command_sets" type="strlist">V.250</append>
           <append key="modem.command_sets" type="strlist">GSM-07.07</append>
           <append key="modem.command_sets" type="strlist">GSM-07.05</append>
         </match>
       </match>
     </match>

Chris Coulson (chrisccoulson) wrote :

Re-assigning to hal-info.

Thanks

Martin Pitt (pitti) wrote :

Committed upstream.

Changed in hal-info:
status: New → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package hal-info - 20081001-0ubuntu1

---------------
hal-info (20081001-0ubuntu1) intrepid; urgency=low

  * New upstream snapshot with updated hardware data.
    - Add Lyra TH1100A music player. (LP: #213636)
    - Add Sony Walkman NWD-B105. (LP: #231470)
    - Add Samsung Q45 special keys. (LP: #212790)
  * Grabbed a bunch of Nokia/LG mobile modem FDIs contributed in Launchpad,
    cleaned them up, committed them upstream, add them as
    debian/patches/00upstream_mobile_modems.patch for now.
    (LP: #257045, #257725, #258197, #259041, #268482, #274952)
  * Drop 03_latitude_xt_tablet_keys.patch, upstream now.

 -- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:27:57 +0200

Changed in hal-info:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 02:30:20AM -0000, Launchpad Bug Tracker wrote:
> This bug was fixed in the package hal-info - 20081001-0ubuntu1
> * Grabbed a bunch of Nokia/LG mobile modem FDIs contributed in Launchpad,
> cleaned them up, committed them upstream, add them as
> debian/patches/00upstream_mobile_modems.patch for now.
> (LP: #257045, #257725, #258197, #259041, #268482, #274952)
---end quoted text---

  Thanks a lot ! Anyways, I noticed that in Intrepid Alpha6 & Beta,
  although there are no entries for Nokia phones in:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-modem.fdi

yet my Nokia N70 phone got detected by Network Manager. So probably that
fix is not needed anymore ? I dunno...

Version of hal-info in Intrepid Beta is: 20080508+git20080601-1ubuntu3

Alexander Sack (asac) wrote :

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 03:20:23PM -0000, أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 02:30:20AM -0000, Launchpad Bug Tracker wrote:
> > This bug was fixed in the package hal-info - 20081001-0ubuntu1
> > * Grabbed a bunch of Nokia/LG mobile modem FDIs contributed in Launchpad,
> > cleaned them up, committed them upstream, add them as
> > debian/patches/00upstream_mobile_modems.patch for now.
> > (LP: #257045, #257725, #258197, #259041, #268482, #274952)
> ---end quoted text---
>
> Thanks a lot ! Anyways, I noticed that in Intrepid Alpha6 & Beta,
> although there are no entries for Nokia phones in:
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-modem.fdi
>
> yet my Nokia N70 phone got detected by Network Manager. So probably that
> fix is not needed anymore ? I dunno...
>

We have a probe_modem code, that will catch modems that have a V.250
driver. But that probe code doesnt always works and appears to depend
on firmware version and stuff like that. So having the real product
ids (if we have them) should be better for now.

 - Alexander

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers