GNOME Tweak Tool disables all extensions when removing one extension

Bug #1681918 reported by Bruce Pieterse on 2017-04-11
30
This bug affects 7 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
GNOME Tweaks
Expired
High
Ubuntu GNOME
Medium
Unassigned
gnome-tweak-tool (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

This is minor, but when removing an extension via GNOME Tweak Tool, g-t-t does not re-enable previously enabled extensions once the extension is removed.

Upstream: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-tweaks/issues/90

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.04
Package: gnome-tweak-tool 3.24.0-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.10.0-19.21-generic 4.10.8
Uname: Linux 4.10.0-19-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu4
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: GNOME
Date: Tue Apr 11 21:06:53 2017
InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-04-02 (9 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 16.04.2 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 (20170215)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: gnome-tweak-tool
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to zesty on 2017-04-02 (9 days ago)

Bruce Pieterse (octoquad) wrote :
summary: - GNOME Tweak Tool sisables all extensions when removing one extension
+ GNOME Tweak Tool disables all extensions when removing one extension
description: updated
Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and help make Ubuntu better. This bug has been reported to the developers of the software. You can track it and make comments at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=781199

Changed in gnome-tweak-tool (Ubuntu):
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Medium
Changed in ubuntu-gnome:
milestone: none → zesty
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Medium
Changed in gnome-tweak-tool:
importance: Unknown → High
status: Unknown → Confirmed

This might possibly need to be the highest priority.

Same thing happens on a fresh Ubuntu GNOME zesty installation (see the attachment).

I thought that installing a new one might be a good workaround, so I went to extensions.gnome.org, picked a random extension, and installed it.

Nope, even though it's installed, it's not turned on and I still can't touch a thing in that window.

After that, I've tried enabling them using:

    gnome-shell-extension-tool -e <EXTENSION_NAME>

As the output, I get a message saying that the extension has been enabled, which is not the case. Restarting the GNOME Shell also didn't work.

...and only at this point, I've noticed the global setting for enabling the extensions, which indeed re-enables all of them.

description: updated
Changed in gnome-tweak-tool:
status: Confirmed → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.