sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in cogl_xlib_set_display_EXP()

Bug #869760 reported by joshg on 2011-10-07
42
This bug affects 8 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Sushi
Expired
Medium
gnome-sushi (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

crashes at space-bar press

ProblemType: Crash
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: gnome-sushi 0.2.0-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-12.19-generic 3.0.4
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu2
Architecture: i386
CrashCounter: 1
Date: Fri Oct 7 00:04:18 2011
ExecutablePath: /usr/lib/gnome-sushi/sushi-start
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta i386 (20110904)
ProcCmdline: /usr/lib/gnome-sushi/sushi-start
Signal: 6
SourcePackage: gnome-sushi
StacktraceTop:
 __kernel_vsyscall ()
 raise () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
 abort () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
 g_assertion_message () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
 g_assertion_message_expr () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
Title: sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare scanner

joshg (joshg) wrote :
visibility: private → public

StacktraceTop:
 g_assertion_message (domain=0xbffb80 "Cogl", file=0xc0855d "./cogl-xlib.c", line=67, func=0xc0856b "cogl_xlib_set_display_EXP", message=<optimized out>) at /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./glib/gtestutils.c:1425
 g_assertion_message_expr (domain=0xbffb80 "Cogl", file=0xc0855d "./cogl-xlib.c", line=67, func=0xc0856b "cogl_xlib_set_display_EXP", expr=0xc08542 "_cogl_xlib_display == NULL") at /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./glib/gtestutils.c:1436
 cogl_xlib_set_display_EXP (display=0x97e2d78) at ./cogl-xlib.c:67
 _clutter_backend_x11_post_parse (backend=0x9884000, error=0xbfc5546c) at ./x11/clutter-backend-x11.c:392
 clutter_backend_cogl_post_parse (backend=0x9884000, error=0xbfc5546c) at ./cogl/clutter-backend-cogl.c:121

Changed in gnome-sushi (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium
tags: removed: need-i386-retrace

Thank you for reporting this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better?

Are you running Unity or Unity 2D? The new Alt-tab switcher is not available in the 2D session. Does Sushi work if you run in the standard Unity session?

I'm runnig Unity 2d and I can't run 3d versione due to old graphics
Il giorno 07/ott/2011 09.45, "Jeremy Bicha" <email address hidden> ha scritto:
> Thank you for reporting this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better?
>
> Are you running Unity or Unity 2D? The new Alt-tab switcher is not
> available in the 2D session. Does Sushi work if you run in the standard
> Unity session?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/869760
>
> Title:
> sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()
>
> Status in “gnome-sushi” package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> crashes at space-bar press
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
> Package: gnome-sushi 0.2.0-0ubuntu2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-12.19-generic 3.0.4
> Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
> ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu2
> Architecture: i386
> CrashCounter: 1
> Date: Fri Oct 7 00:04:18 2011
> ExecutablePath: /usr/lib/gnome-sushi/sushi-start
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta i386 (20110904)
> ProcCmdline: /usr/lib/gnome-sushi/sushi-start
> Signal: 6
> SourcePackage: gnome-sushi
> StacktraceTop:
> __kernel_vsyscall ()
> raise () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
> abort () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
> g_assertion_message () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> g_assertion_message_expr () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> Title: sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare scanner
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-sushi/+bug/869760/+subscriptions

Then, unfortunately you won't be able to run Sushi as Sushi uses clutter 3D graphics. This has been reported upstream already.

Changed in gnome-sushi (Ubuntu):
status: New → Triaged
JarekJ83 (jarekj83) wrote :

I am using Ubuntu Unity 11.10, same bug today.

Changed in gnome-sushi:
importance: Unknown → Medium
status: Unknown → New
teledyn (garym-teledyn) wrote :

jbicha wrote: "unfortunately you won't be able to run Sushi as Sushi uses clutter 3D graphics"

so is there a work-around? Is there any way to restore the pre-11.10 functionality with the hover-over playing a short preview? This is a pretty serious loss of functionality to make it suddenly hardware-dependent where it wasn't before.

summary: - sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()
+ sushi-start crashed with SIGABRT in cogl_xlib_set_display_EXP()
Changed in gnome-sushi:
status: New → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.