gnome-display-properties monitor layout not saved when re-docking (and display port)
Binary package hint: gnome-control-
This happens on Lucid 10.4.02 with gnome-control-
I am not sure this is specifically gnome-control-
There appears to be two bugs here, but I wanted to keep the initial report as one issue, in case they're actually related. For what it's worth, I have reproduced this issue on a Lenovo X200 and have users internally who can reproduce this issue on a Lenovo X201 and a T410 on several different types and sizes of external monitor (all attached via display port -> DVI converters).
The two issues are:
- Windows "get lost" when display properties change.
- The display property preferences aren't saved when undocking / re-docking.
Here's how to reproduce:
- Install Lucid Laptop on an X200
- Attach the laptop to a docking station connected by display port -> dvr to a 24" monitor
- Configure (system -> preferences -> monitor) displays to not be mirrored, show monitors in panel checked, drag the monitor to a different orientation, and increase the resolution in the monitor to something other than what the laptop has.
- Open a web browser, put it in the 24" display.
- Open a terminal and a gnome app (I used gnome mine) in the laptop display.
- Detach the laptop (without suspending) to simulate going to a meeting, etc.
At this point the first bug (about windows getting messed up) occurs. Notice that, while the browser window is moved to the laptop display, the gnome mines and original terminal disappeared. If I open a new terminal and run ps, I can see they're still running, but they're not on any of my visible/accessible displays.
- Re-attach the laptop to the docking station
At this point, the second bug is reproduced. The monitor configuration has reverted to "mirrored displays." When I reset my preferences to what I want, the original browser window (as well as the preferences window) moves to the 24" monitor, but my gnome mines are still missing, as well as the original terminal (the new terminal I opened in the laptop while detached in order to check for the disappeared window's pids is moved to the new monitor).
|Changed in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu):|
|importance:||Undecided → Low|
|Martin Pitt (pitti) wrote : Re: [Bug 732867] Re: gnome-display-properties monitor layout not saved when re-docking (and display port)||#11|