gnome-session hangs after X restart.

Bug #57154 reported by PingunZ on 2006-08-21
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-session (Ubuntu)
Medium
Ubuntu Desktop Bugs

Bug Description

I'm on ubuntu edgy.
Everything works fine when I reboot.
But when I restart X, gtk theme and icons are very ugly.
this is what it looks like : http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6136/buggyox7.png

See attached for the crash report.

yes

2006/8/23, Dennis Kaarsemaker <email address hidden>:
>
> Does a full reboot solve it?
>
> --
> gnome-session hangs after X restart.
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/57154
>

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

When do you get that gnome-session crash? During the same run that your theme issue? gnome-session crashing should bring you back to gdm, did that happen? Did you get the issue every time or did you get it only one?

Changed in gnome-session:
assignee: nobody → desktop-bugs
status: Unconfirmed → Needs Info

I have it when I restart X ( in the same run ).
It is the session-daemon that causes the ugly theme.
I always get the same thing when I restart X once or more.

Cheers

2006/8/29, Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>:
>
> When do you get that gnome-session crash? During the same run that your
> theme issue? gnome-session crashing should bring you back to gdm, did
> that happen? Did you get the issue every time or did you get it only
> one?
>
> ** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Ubuntu Desktop Bugs
> Status: Unconfirmed => Needs Info
>
> --
> gnome-session hangs after X restart.
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/57154
>

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

do you have some process from your user still running before login to your desktop again (you can switch to a VT with ctrl-alt-f1 and run "ps aux" for it to note that)? Does it work if you stop them? How do you restart X when you get the issue?

I don't have the issue anymore ..
I think its solved with removing all bonobo packages ..
I just removed all bonobo packages on my computer .. Now it works.

Cheers

2006/9/19, Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>:
>
> do you have some process from your user still running before login to
> your desktop again (you can switch to a VT with ctrl-alt-f1 and run "ps
> aux" for it to note that)? Does it work if you stop them? How do you
> restart X when you get the issue?
>
> --
> gnome-session hangs after X restart.
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/57154
>

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

gnome-session Depends on libbonobo2-0, did you remove GNOME too?

No I haven't ..

2006/9/20, Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>:
>
> gnome-session Depends on libbonobo2-0, did you remove GNOME too?
>
> --
> gnome-session hangs after X restart.
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/57154
>

Daniel Holbach (dholbach) wrote :

Do you have anything interesting in .xsession-errors? Does this happen with a new user too?

Changed in gnome-session:
importance: Untriaged → Medium

Bug 56890 seems to be a duplicate of this bug - I leave it to the developers to decide if this is really the case.

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

bug #56890 seems to be a different problem

Do you still have that bug?

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

the backtrace seems to indicate a dbus problem

Daniel Holbach (dholbach) wrote :

We are closing this bug report as it lacks the information, described in the previous comments, we need to investigate the problem further. However, please reopen it if you can give us the missing information and don't hesitate to submit bug reports in the future.

Changed in gnome-session:
status: Needs Info → Rejected
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments