Ubuntu

[Ubuntu 12.04] gnome-screenshot forgets "last-save-directory"

Reported by Kristian Kißling on 2012-04-09
102
This bug affects 25 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-screenshot (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Ubuntu 12.04, Beta 2
1) press [PrintScreen] to do a screenshot
2) gnome-screenshot proposes to save it in "$HOME/pictures"
3) change location to "$HOME/videos" or similiar and close gnome-screenshot
4) press [PrintScreen] again and take another screenshot
6) tool wants to save picture in "$HOME/pictures" again
5) expected behaviour: proposes to save pic in "$HOME/videos"

BTW: Setting a fixed path in dconf-editor entry "last-save-directory" doesn't change anything.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: gnome-screenshot 3.4.0-0ubuntu1
Uname: Linux 3.3.1-030301-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu4
Architecture: i386
Date: Mon Apr 9 15:37:26 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
SourcePackage: gnome-screenshot
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-24 (136 days ago)

Kristian Kißling (kkissling) wrote :
Kristian Kißling (kkissling) wrote :

And its a regression btw.

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in gnome-screenshot (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed

Hope this is useful,
to change directory were gnome-screenshot save files,

change value in :
example:
auto-save-directory file:///home/user/Desktop

this work for me in precise pangolin gnome-shell

Aibara Iduas (aibaraiduas) wrote :

Marco's suggestion works in Unity too (changing the "auto-save-directory" in dconf). "last-save-directory" seems to do nothing.

pt123 (pt123) wrote :

Marco's suggestion doesn't work still uses the home folder

Hi, tested now :
auto-save-sirectory file:///home/user/
is the home of the user

obvoulsy you can not set system folder protectec by root as is
auto-save-sirectory file:///home/

this is not the home user but the home folder for all user and is protected
with root:root
you can choos any directory for the autosave, but inside your user folder.

2012/6/15 pt123 <email address hidden>

> Marco's suggestion doesn't work still uses the home folder
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/977228
>
> Title:
> [Ubuntu 12.04] gnome-screenshot forgets "last-save-directory"
>
> Status in “gnome-screenshot” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Ubuntu 12.04, Beta 2
> 1) press [PrintScreen] to do a screenshot
> 2) gnome-screenshot proposes to save it in "$HOME/pictures"
> 3) change location to "$HOME/videos" or similiar and close
> gnome-screenshot
> 4) press [PrintScreen] again and take another screenshot
> 6) tool wants to save picture in "$HOME/pictures" again
> 5) expected behaviour: proposes to save pic in "$HOME/videos"
>
> BTW: Setting a fixed path in dconf-editor entry "last-save-directory"
> doesn't change anything.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: gnome-screenshot 3.4.0-0ubuntu1
> Uname: Linux 3.3.1-030301-generic i686
> ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu4
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Mon Apr 9 15:37:26 2012
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386
> (20110427.1)
> SourcePackage: gnome-screenshot
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-24 (136 days ago)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot/+bug/977228/+subscriptions
>

pt123 (pt123) wrote :

Not sure what you are on about Marco but setting it to file:///home/user/Desktop doesn't work.

No one is talking about the file:///home/

ok.i can only confirm my setting.and in my desktop work.the only dirrence
is for my system home language my folder Desktop is called Scrivania in
italian .for the rest work fine in any directory under my home.
Il giorno 15/giu/2012 11:06, "pt123" <email address hidden> ha scritto:

> Not sure what you are on about Marco but setting it to
> file:///home/user/Desktop doesn't work.
>
> No one is talking about the file:///home/
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/977228
>
> Title:
> [Ubuntu 12.04] gnome-screenshot forgets "last-save-directory"
>
> Status in “gnome-screenshot” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Ubuntu 12.04, Beta 2
> 1) press [PrintScreen] to do a screenshot
> 2) gnome-screenshot proposes to save it in "$HOME/pictures"
> 3) change location to "$HOME/videos" or similiar and close
> gnome-screenshot
> 4) press [PrintScreen] again and take another screenshot
> 6) tool wants to save picture in "$HOME/pictures" again
> 5) expected behaviour: proposes to save pic in "$HOME/videos"
>
> BTW: Setting a fixed path in dconf-editor entry "last-save-directory"
> doesn't change anything.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: gnome-screenshot 3.4.0-0ubuntu1
> Uname: Linux 3.3.1-030301-generic i686
> ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu4
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Mon Apr 9 15:37:26 2012
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386
> (20110427.1)
> SourcePackage: gnome-screenshot
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-24 (136 days ago)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot/+bug/977228/+subscriptions
>

file:///home/user/Desktop/
use a final slash
 Il giorno 15/giu/2012 11:06, "pt123" <email address hidden> ha
scritto:

> Not sure what you are on about Marco but setting it to
> file:///home/user/Desktop doesn't work.
>
> No one is talking about the file:///home/
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/977228
>
> Title:
> [Ubuntu 12.04] gnome-screenshot forgets "last-save-directory"
>
> Status in “gnome-screenshot” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Ubuntu 12.04, Beta 2
> 1) press [PrintScreen] to do a screenshot
> 2) gnome-screenshot proposes to save it in "$HOME/pictures"
> 3) change location to "$HOME/videos" or similiar and close
> gnome-screenshot
> 4) press [PrintScreen] again and take another screenshot
> 6) tool wants to save picture in "$HOME/pictures" again
> 5) expected behaviour: proposes to save pic in "$HOME/videos"
>
> BTW: Setting a fixed path in dconf-editor entry "last-save-directory"
> doesn't change anything.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
> Package: gnome-screenshot 3.4.0-0ubuntu1
> Uname: Linux 3.3.1-030301-generic i686
> ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu4
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Mon Apr 9 15:37:26 2012
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386
> (20110427.1)
> SourcePackage: gnome-screenshot
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-24 (136 days ago)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot/+bug/977228/+subscriptions
>

pt123 (pt123) wrote :

thanks it is working with the final slash

J Phani Mahesh (phanimahesh) wrote :

Can someone confirm?
Looks like a fix is released without us noticing. I was affected a while ago, but now it works.
If It works for all of you, I can close this as fix-released
---
Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

The bug persists here in my both up to date laptops.

I have a large hunch that this bug is directly related to bug 915165.

Diomas (dmitriy-skopa) wrote :

Ubuntu 13.04 with Unity but the bug is still here.

Colin Law (colin-law) wrote :

Bug still present on Saucy (13.10) Beta

Deve (deveee) wrote :

I didn't have this bug in 13.04 (gnome-shell). Now I see this issue after upgrade to 13.10.

Though when I use manually:
gnome-screenshot
gnome-screenshot -w

then everything is fine. But when I use default shortcuts, screenshots are saved in default pictures folder.

Alexandru G (vimishor) wrote :

In 13.10 I encounter same behavior as @deveee mentioned in #17

Shortcuts does not respect `org.gnome.gnome-screenshot` setting. (ex: ALT + PrtScr)
If I start gnome-screenshot (3.10.1) from terminal it respects `org.gnome.gnome-screenshot` setting.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers