"Update information" tries replacing non-existent Quit button in brand-new user account
Binary package hint: fast-user-
Ubuntu Intrepid, all updates installed
1. In Users and Groups, create a brand new user account.
2. Switch into this newly-created user account.
3. Wait about 70 seconds.
4. When the light bulb icon appears at the top right of the screen, click it.
5. In the window that appears, click the "Update" button.
4. A window appears: "There is now a combined status menu for instant messaging status, switching user accounts, and exiting Ubuntu. This menu will replace the current Quit button. If you click on the 'Update' button below your Quit button will be replaced with the new status menu."
5. An error alert appears: "No logout button found" - "The logout button can not be found or it is not in the standard location. Please update the panel configuration manually."
What should happen:
3. The light bulb icon should not appear, since this account already has the new setup and does not have a Quit button.
|Changed in gnome-panel:|
|assignee:||pitti → mvo|
|importance:||Undecided → Medium|
|milestone:||none → ubuntu-8.10|
|status:||New → In Progress|