Trying to eject live CD produces two awful error alerts
Binary package hint: gnome-mount
Ubuntu 9.04 release candidate
1. On a computer where the CD drive has a hardware eject button, start an Ubuntu session from the live CD.
2. Press the hardware eject button.
3. Wait 24 seconds.
2. An error alert appears with an utterly unhelpful message:
Cannot eject volume
There was an error ejecting the volume or drive.
Cannot open /media/.hal-mtab
3. Another unhelpful error alert appears on top of the first one:
Unable to eject CD-RW/DVD±RW Drive
DBus error org.freedesktop
What should happen:
2. An alert should appear that explains the problem in plain language, and explains how you can eject the CD. For example: "This CD cannot be ejected because Ubuntu is running from it. To eject the CD, restart the computer."
3. No other error alert should appear.