Ubuntu

palimpsest thinks that USB2 is 480MB/s instead of 480Mb/s

Reported by Id2ndR on 2010-09-06
26
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
GNOME Disks
Fix Released
Medium
One Hundred Papercuts
Undecided
Unassigned
gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: gnome-disk-utility

Package : gnome-disk-utility
Version : 2.30.1-2 (from maverick repo)

STP :
- plug an usb2 device (in my case this is my Android phone)
- open palimpset and open the device. Look at the line "Connection" (actually it also displays the speed)

Expected result : "USB at 480.0 Mb/s" instead of "USB at 480.0 MB/s"

Notice : this error is also true with French language (Mo/s instead of Mb/s).

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Thank you for your bug report. The issue is an upstream one and it would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug the to the people writting the software (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME)

Changed in gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Oneiric Ocelot. It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next release of Ubuntu. You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ . Thanks again and we appreciate your help.

Changed in gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Id2ndR (id2ndr) wrote :

It is a shame that Ubuntu developers ask users to check again and again if the bug still exists in development version without doing anything then, and despite users gave the simple way to know if the bug still exists.

However, I just check on oneric, and of course the bug still is present, so I switched back the status to confirm.

I just know the next step will be "this is an upstream bug so please open a bug in gnome bug tracker" so I will wait few more useless time.

Changed in gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
Robert Roth (evfool) on 2011-11-02
tags: added: bitesize
Robert Roth (evfool) wrote :

Thank you for your bug report. This bug has been reported to the developers of the software. You can track it and make comments at: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=663272

Changed in gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Triaged
Changed in gnome-disk-utility:
importance: Unknown → Medium
status: Unknown → New
Changed in hundredpapercuts:
status: New → In Progress
Changed in gnome-disk-utility:
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in hundredpapercuts:
milestone: none → precise-9-miscellaneous
Chris Wilson (notgary) on 2011-12-17
Changed in hundredpapercuts:
milestone: precise-9-miscellaneous → precise-7-system-administration
milestone: precise-7-system-administration → precise-9-miscellaneous
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package gnome-disk-utility - 3.0.2-2ubuntu4

---------------
gnome-disk-utility (3.0.2-2ubuntu4) precise; urgency=low

  * debian/patches/05_change_speed_units_from_MB_to_Mb.patch:
    - Change {G,M,K}B/s to {G,M,K}b/s (LP: #631638)
 -- Steven Allen <email address hidden> Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:07:43 -0500

Changed in gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Fix Released
Chris Wilson (notgary) on 2012-01-12
Changed in hundredpapercuts:
status: In Progress → Fix Released
Changed in gnome-disk-utility:
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.