GNOME Control Center hangs for some time when I add other keyboard in settings

Bug #1838902 reported by Artyom Pozharov on 2019-08-04
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-control-center
New
Unknown
gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

But then the list of languages opens and I can choose needing variant.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.32.2-1ubuntu4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.2.0-8.9-generic 5.2.0
Uname: Linux 5.2.0-8-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu7
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Aug 4 22:30:32 2019
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-08-04 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Alpha amd64 (20190802)
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Gunnar Hjalmarsson (gunnarhj) wrote :

Thanks for your report!

I think that one reason for that delay is that "Other" opens a window with quite a few sources, and all the labels are processed for translation etc. But there is probably room for a design improvement to speed it up.

It would be great if you could open an upstream issue, since this is an upstream design matter.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/issues

If you do, please post the URL to it here for tracking purposes.

Changed in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu):
importance: Medium → Low
status: Confirmed → Triaged
status: Triaged → Confirmed
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Could you give a bit more details on the issue. What do you mean by "stick"? That it takes some time to load and freeze while doing so?

Changed in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Triaged

That it takes some time to load and freeze while doing so? Yes, it is. I
meant this.

вт, 6 авг. 2019 г., 11:45 Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>:

> Could you give a bit more details on the issue. What do you mean by
> "stick"? That it takes some time to load and freeze while doing so?
>
> ** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
> Status: Confirmed => Triaged
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838902
>
> Title:
> GNOME Control Center sticks when I add other keyboard in settings
>
> Status in gnome-control-center:
> Unknown
> Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
> Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> But then the list of languages opens and I can choose needing variant.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
> Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.32.2-1ubuntu4
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.2.0-8.9-generic 5.2.0
> Uname: Linux 5.2.0-8-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu7
> Architecture: amd64
> CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
> Date: Sun Aug 4 22:30:32 2019
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-08-04 (0 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Alpha amd64 (20190802)
> SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/1838902/+subscriptions
>

Could you describe what actions you do and what screen/UI element is slow to load exactly?

"Add keyboard" -> "Other" (in the end of list). And after touch the button
"Other" gnome-control-center will stick for some time.

вт, 6 авг. 2019 г. в 15:11, Sebastien Bacher <email address hidden>:

> Could you describe what actions you do and what screen/UI element is
> slow to load exactly?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838902
>
> Title:
> GNOME Control Center sticks when I add other keyboard in settings
>
> Status in gnome-control-center:
> Unknown
> Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
> Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> But then the list of languages opens and I can choose needing variant.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
> Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.32.2-1ubuntu4
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.2.0-8.9-generic 5.2.0
> Uname: Linux 5.2.0-8-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu7
> Architecture: amd64
> CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
> Date: Sun Aug 4 22:30:32 2019
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-08-04 (0 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Alpha amd64 (20190802)
> SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/1838902/+subscriptions
>

summary: - GNOME Control Center sticks when I add other keyboard in settings
+ GNOME Control Center hangs for some time when I add other keyboard in
+ settings
Changed in gnome-control-center:
status: Unknown → New
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.