Iranian calendar shows in Azerbaijani language

Bug #1891270 reported by Amirhosein Rahmati on 2020-08-12
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-calendar (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned
ubiquity (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

I already installed Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS and set location on Iran during installation.
After finishing installation successfully, I open the calendar by clicking at the top of the screen (where the clock is shown), I see the calendar with Azerbaijani names for month and weekdays.

Such as "آقوست" for August and "جومعه آخشامی" for Thursday.

But it should show in Iranian names such as "اوت" for August and "پنجشنبه" for Thursday.

Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Release: 20.04

affects: apport → gnome-calendar (Ubuntu)
description: updated
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Please execute the following command only once, as it will automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:
apport-collect 1891270

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this functionality at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

Changed in gnome-calendar (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete
Danial Behzadi (dani.behzi) wrote :

`fa_IR.UTF-8` local is not installed by default. That's a bug!

Changed in gnome-calendar (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
Danial Behzadi (dani.behzi) wrote :

I think ubiquity should generate the locale when Iran is selected.

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Does it work once the locale is installed? what language did you select during the installation?

Changed in gnome-calendar (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

Which language did you select during the installation? Were you connected to internet from ubiquity?

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete

I decided to English during the installation.

I think I was connected to the Internet but I'm not sure.

Yes. It worked when I installed the locale.

esmaeelE (esmaeele) wrote :

This one also affects me. As you can see in the attached picture during installation internet connection stablished and `apt` connetcted to the `http://ir.archive.ubuntu.com/ focal main amd64`.

I select English for setup language but after that choose Tehran/IRAN as location.

I think locale not correctly set when select Tehran/IRAN in ubiquity.

This is what return from locale command.

$ locale

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=az_IR
LC_TIME=az_IR
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=az_IR
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=az_IR
LC_NAME=az_IR
LC_ADDRESS=az_IR
LC_TELEPHONE=az_IR
LC_MEASUREMENT=az_IR
LC_IDENTIFICATION=az_IR
LC_ALL=

As @Danial Behzadi said, It should be `fa_IR UTF-8` as IRAN official language is Farsi/Persian not Azeri.

esmaeelE (esmaeele) wrote :
Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

the environment is at fault there, it's not a calendar bug, could be one in ubiquity though

Changed in ubiquity (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → New
Changed in gnome-calendar (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers