Paje cannot start without resolving the symbol

Bug #19914 reported by Debian Bug Importer on 2005-08-17
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
freetype (Debian)
Fix Released
Unknown
freetype (Ubuntu)
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

Automatically imported from Debian bug report #321912 http://bugs.debian.org/321912

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-ID: <81br49sz9h.wl%<email address hidden>>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:45:14 +0900
From: GOTO Masanori <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: Paje cannot start without resolving the symbol

Package: paje.app
Version: 1.3.2-4
Severity: important

When I invoked to start Paje, I got an error. It seems this
application is not usable entirely.

 Warning - GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is not set - using /usr/lib/GNUstep/System
 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] NOTE: Only one display per host fully supported.
 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] XShm not supported.
 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] Falling back to normal XImage:s (will be slower).
 /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/Paje.app/Paje: relocation error: /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back: undefined symbol: FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size

Regards,
-- gotom

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-ID: <email address hidden>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:54:49 +0200
From: Vincent Danjean <email address hidden>
To: GOTO Masanori <email address hidden>, <email address hidden>
Cc: <email address hidden>
Subject: Re: Bug#321912: Paje cannot start without resolving the symbol

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:45:14PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> Package: paje.app
> Version: 1.3.2-4
> Severity: important
>
> When I invoked to start Paje, I got an error. It seems this
> application is not usable entirely.
>
> Warning - GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is not set - using /usr/lib/GNUstep/System
> 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] NOTE: Only one display per host fully supported.
> 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] XShm not supported.
> 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] Falling back to normal XImage:s (will be slower).
> /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/Paje.app/Paje: relocation error: /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back: undefined symbol: FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size

  I'm aware of this problem. This is not a Paje bug. It is a
libfreetype6 bug that affect most of GNUStep applications (until the
libfreetype6 maintainer does a new upload that corrects the binary
interface of its library, or until the GNUStep maintainers recompile
their packages against the current libfreetype6 library).

  For me, I downgraded the libfreetype6 on my system (thanks to
snapshot.debian.net) so that Paje and other GNUStep application work
again.

  Best regards,
    Vincent

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:58:30 +0200
From: Vincent Danjean <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: reassign 321912 to libfreetype6

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.2
reassign 321912 libfreetype6

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-ID: <81u0i0s92j.wl%<email address hidden>>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:11:00 +0900
From: GOTO Masanori <email address hidden>
To: Vincent Danjean <email address hidden>
Cc: GOTO Masanori <email address hidden>, <email address hidden>
Subject: Re: Bug#321912: Paje cannot start without resolving the symbol

At Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:54:49 +0200,
Vincent Danjean wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:45:14PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > Package: paje.app
> > Version: 1.3.2-4
> > Severity: important
> >
> > When I invoked to start Paje, I got an error. It seems this
> > application is not usable entirely.
> >
> > Warning - GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is not set - using /usr/lib/GNUstep/System
> > 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] NOTE: Only one display per host fully supported.
> > 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] XShm not supported.
> > 2005-08-08 15:43:36.000 Paje[4457] Falling back to normal XImage:s (will be slower).
> > /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/Paje.app/Paje: relocation error: /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back: undefined symbol: FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size
>
> I'm aware of this problem. This is not a Paje bug. It is a
> libfreetype6 bug that affect most of GNUStep applications (until the
> libfreetype6 maintainer does a new upload that corrects the binary
> interface of its library, or until the GNUStep maintainers recompile
> their packages against the current libfreetype6 library).

Ah, I'm sorry, I don't usually use GNUStep, so I didn't notice the
actual problem..

> For me, I downgraded the libfreetype6 on my system (thanks to
> snapshot.debian.net) so that Paje and other GNUStep application work
> again.

OK, I'll try to use old version.

Regards,
-- gotom

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:19:22 +0200
From: Vincent Danjean <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: severity of 321912 is grave

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.2
severity 321912 grave

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:19:39 +0200
From: Vincent Danjean <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: merging 321912 314385

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.2
merge 321912 314385

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Marking as duplicate based on debbugs merge (314385,321912)

This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 19834.

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:24:42 +0200
From: Gürkan Sengün <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: merging 320958 329223

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.8.14
merge 320958 329223

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-ID: <email address hidden>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:48:58 -0500
From: Filipus Klutiero <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: Merge

merge 337143 314385
thanks

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:59:10 -0800
From: Steve Langasek <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: block 340878 with 314385

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.8
block 340878 with 314385

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:02:27 -0800
From: Wolfgang Sourdeau <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Cc: Wolfgang Sourdeau <email address hidden>,
 Debian GNUstep maintainers <email address hidden>
Subject: Fixed in NMU of gnustep-back 0.9.5-1.1

tag 314385 + fixed
tag 314823 + fixed
tag 320958 + fixed
tag 321646 + fixed
tag 329223 + fixed
tag 337143 + fixed
tag 340878 + fixed

quit

This message was generated automatically in response to a
non-maintainer upload. The .changes file follows.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Format: 1.7
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:50:32 -0500
Source: gnustep-back
Binary: gnustep-back
Architecture: source i386
Version: 0.9.5-1.1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: low
Maintainer: Debian GNUstep maintainers <email address hidden>
Changed-By: Wolfgang Sourdeau <email address hidden>
Description:
 gnustep-back - The GNUstep GUI Backend
Closes: 314385 314823 320958 321646 329223 337143 340878
Changes:
 gnustep-back (0.9.5-1.1) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * NMU
   * Rebuilt against libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.10) (Closes: #314823, #314385,
     #320958, #321646, #329223, #337143, #340878)
Files:
 41315ca317bbfe847f2e94d15ba5113b 913 devel optional gnustep-back_0.9.5-1.1.dsc
 9ab3bc525d86ebd46a061b59945ffb46 7803 devel optional gnustep-back_0.9.5-1.1.diff.gz
 cc47731581ab16cac2a9020c8436b37f 266288 libs optional gnustep-back_0.9.5-1.1_i386.deb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFDjM6GUP8yyofKtg8RAqAhAKDf0zTFPmgtdYMg5EyhpDbpAqGB7wCbBk4x
ae3NtWhW8JtLzQHPde3t1/w=
=Mfyh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:00:22 -0800
From: Steve Langasek <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: tagging 314385, tagging 340878, unblock 340878 with 314385, block 314309 with 314385 ...

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.9
tags 314385 - fixed
tags 340878 - fixed
unblock 340878 with 314385
block 314309 with 314385
merge 340878 314385

Debian Bug Importer (debzilla) wrote :

Message-Id: <email address hidden>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:40:10 -0800
From: Steve Langasek <email address hidden>
To: <email address hidden>
Subject: unblock 314309 with 314385, block 341309 with 314385, merging 340878 314385

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.9.9
unblock 314309 with 314385
block 341309 with 314385
merge 340878 314385

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.